My cruise got cancelled

No surprise that we are all getting emails about our cruises being cancelled.  What I am surprised about though is how far out they are cancelling!  Mine is still 6 months away.  I was pleased with the offer though.  2 options - I can get my full deposit back or I can have my full deposit as a future cruise credit plus $600 OBC.  Not a bad deal right there!

RCCL and Celebrity just cancelled until 9/1  (Yahoo Finance)

Maybe its just a bad April Fools Joke.

The coronavirus pandemic, compelled Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCL to extend the halt of global cruise operations — Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises. 

With continued port closures and travel restrictions surrounding global health concerns, the company’s cruise brands have suspended their operations, leading to cancellation of departures until Sept 1.

1 hour ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

No surprise that we are all getting emails about our cruises being cancelled.  What I am surprised about though is how far out they are cancelling!  Mine is still 6 months away.  I was pleased with the offer though.  2 options - I can get my full deposit back or I can have my full deposit as a future cruise credit plus $600 OBC.  Not a bad deal right there!

Of all the cruise lines, IMO Carnival Corp might be the most vulnerable also owning Princess, Holland America & Costa.  As of today they have currently 6000 people at sea waiting to disembark.  With all the possible future cruise uncertainty, your best option to insure  getting your deposit back because it might not be an option 4 months from now. 

1 hour ago, skrufy said:

When was your cruise due to sail? We have one booked for Sept., no cancellation notice yet.

There is another thread going...Legend will not be doing Europe. It looks like a couple of threads were merged. Just got email this morning about the Legend.

Edited by crzndeb

2 hours ago, marci4tony said:

RCCL and Celebrity just cancelled until 9/1  (Yahoo Finance)

Maybe its just a bad April Fools Joke.

The coronavirus pandemic, compelled Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCL to extend the halt of global cruise operations — Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises. 

With continued port closures and travel restrictions surrounding global health concerns, the company’s cruise brands have suspended their operations, leading to cancellation of departures until Sept 1.

Wrong.   The Sept 1 date pertains to cancelling any sailing UP TO Sep 1 with 48 hours notice and the customer will receive future cruise credit through the 2021.   Before blindly following false info and spreading it around, at least go the Royal website and search from the source itself.

We got an email saying our Radiance cruise was canceled. But, when I went to the page to request our refund, I saw that it was for Radiance cruises through 1 Nov 2020. Our cruise is later in November, over Thanksgiving. Guess we will have to wait to find out the real status of our cruise.The Victory is currently sitting in the Navantia shipyard in Cadiz, Spain.

They are sending the crew home until further notice, but not sure if they can get out with Spain on lockdown.

John

carnivalvictory1-1.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 3:19 PM, jerseyjjs said:

Wrong.   The Sept 1 date pertains to cancelling any sailing UP TO Sep 1 with 48 hours notice and the customer will receive future cruise credit through the 2021.   Before blindly following false info and spreading it around, at least go the Royal website and search from the source itself.

Yahoo Finance IS a credibly source that recanted their report about 30 minutes after publication.

Nothing was blind, my friend.  It was pure concern, from a report, from a credible source.  The error was theirs.

You're welcome.

I did ask to have this thread taken down by the moderator upon the recant, just so you know...

We were supposed to be on the Radiance out of NYC in September and it was cancelled as we would have expected given the issues in New York. However, my hats off to Carnival for giving options. We are rescheduling for another cruise next year and they are giving us $600 OBC. My heart goes out to them in these crazy times so we booked an additional "replacement cruise" out of LA in September. Let's all cross our fingers that we are past this by then.