NSW Police has ordered Pacific Explorer to leave Sydney!!

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Did you come to Victoria? If so I hope you liked our little town🙂 If you manage to pass this way again look me up I'll stand you a pint. We have some great local breweries.

Cheers

We have been to Victoria a couple of times over our many years of travelling. Thanks for the invitation. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiamondFour said:

It will be a wait and see for me in regards to further domestic travel. If the government persists in blaming Ruby Princess and continues blaming cruise ships for the virus that came from china then I will not be spending any of my valuable savings on domestic travel at all.

It would depend what State as well. It appears Victoria is allowing Golden Princess to remain tied up and Queensland seems to be allowing ships to remain up there.

I'm not sure that works as a protest. You would be punishing ordinary people who have nothing to do with the cruise industry for government decisions about the cruise industry. It doesn't make sense to me to boycott tourist businesses in Lightening Ridge to use as bargaining chip for the cruise industry.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, NSWP said:

I was staying out of this because in my previous life I met now Commissioner Fuller, albeit 20 yrs ago.  The man is no fool and part of the job description of a NSW Police Officer is 'to protect life and property.' At least he had/has the guts to speak his mind, unlike some of the other blithering idiots who have held the position in the past decades.  I will say no more other than that in my opinion it may be more prudent of the NSW Premier to appoint someone else other than Commissioner Fuller to investigate the whole Ruby Princess incident, i.e. some one suitably qualified to lead such an investigation from interstate or overseas, plenty of contenders.  This may serve to satisfy the stirrers out there in noddyland.

I am concerned at some of the aggressive, even nasty debate on here, it was never like this in my 14 yrs as a CC member, let us all take a chill pill.

I prefer not to comment further on this matter. Stay safe everyone, it is a jungle out there.

How can I put this.

I think the media needs to do a video interview with Federal MP Alex Hawke the Assistant Defence Minister. They need to ask him directly if his parents or partners parents were on that ship.

Princess ordered the Ruby Princess to return to Sydney early and was trying to make arrangements to have the guests quarantined. There was government intervention that allowed the passengers to leave.

I am not suggesting MP Alex Hawke had anything to do with this or intervened or had anyone intervene on his behalf. I am merely suggesting that it might be a good idea to interview him and clarify if his parents or partners parents were on that very cruise that returned to Sydney on the Ruby Princess.

13 minutes ago, christodan said:

Just the fact that the NSW police called the removal of the Pacific Explorer "Operation Nemesis"  demonstrates to me what they will stoop to try to scapegoat cruise ships. 

Have you seen this graph?

1124F847-2E4E-429C-BFD5-FD4D4D74266D.jpeg

Additional cruises account for latest reckoning, 30% of deaths. Probably changed by now. 10 alone from Ruby. 

Edited by Pushka

3 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Additional cruises account for latest reckoning, 30% of deaths. Probably changed by now. 10 alone from Ruby. 

If that graph includes the Diamond Princess then it should be removed from the stats as us Australians on Diamond Princess none of us caught it in Australia when those were diagnosed on the ship. That should be unique to the Diamond.

13 minutes ago, DiamondFour said:

If that graph includes the Diamond Princess then it should be removed from the stats as us Australians on Diamond Princess none of us caught it in Australia when those were diagnosed on the ship. That should be unique to the Diamond.

Don't know. Diamond is extremely low compared with Ruby. Likely just those turning positive in Australia. And four Ruby deaths today, one just in from Qld. And a couple of the evacuated crew are in a bad way. 

Edited by Pushka

After all this Australia will be luck to get a classy ship such as Pacific Star to sail in her waters .....we might just see some of the ex Chinese gambling ships .......Lucky Dragons 1 , 2 & 3 .... what a mess ,,, 

Well as I said in another message we will be lucky to get a cruise to Tazwegia and Back .......

Ohhh Dear I am extremely vexed 

Regards

John 

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

Well it's actually a pie chart.

But firstly the Pacific Explorer which I am referring to, has as far as I know, not been the source of any cases. 
Secondly, as we can see, the vast majority came from other means, that is aeroplanes.

So your point?

21 minutes ago, christodan said:

But firstly the Pacific Explorer which I am referring to, has as far as I know, not been the source of any cases. 
Secondly, as we can see, the vast majority came from other means, that is aeroplanes.

So your point?

Well clearly yours is about graphical representations. Did you know that a Pie Chart is a circular graph? Go figure.

Second. Well, operation Nemesis involved multiple cruise ships. Mainly RCL mega ships. Because cruise shops have contributed far too heavily in our occurrence and fatality statistics. Nemesis seems quite apt. Airplanes? No. No transmission recorded via plane. Rather, people from different countries on arrival but not directly from the plane travel. Your opinion may vary. Which is your right. No point in discussing further. 

Edited by Pushka

Based on the last numbers I saw, those "Cruise Line" cases include:

• 600+ from Ruby Princess
  • 84 from Ovation of the Seas
  • 34 from Voyager of the Seas
  • 12 from Celebrity Solstice
  • 7 from Diamond Princess (those who tested positive after being repatriated to Australia)
  • ??? from Artania

It would not include any who tested positive while the Diamond Princess was tied up in Japan.

Edited by Vader1111

23 minutes ago, Vader1111 said:

Based on the last numbers I saw, those "Cruise Line" cases include:

• 600+ from Ruby Princess
  • 84 from Ovation of the Seas
  • 34 from Voyager of the Seas
  • 12 from Celebrity Solstice
  • 7 from Diamond Princess (those who tested positive after being repatriated to Australia)
  •  ??? from Artania

It would not include any who tested positive while the Diamond Princess was tied up in Japan.

??? from Artania ………………... 40 in Joondalup hospital WA  as at 02/04/2020. Another 5 confirmed as at 04/04/20 - one death from the ship (Sorry, I originally posted this info on your post - then cut it and put it here as I think I should have just posted here. Apologies Vader111

Edited by dizzy1948
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pushka said:

Do you have a link for where that Pie Chart orginates from?

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Do you have a link for where that Pie Chart orginates from?

health.gov.au. Official source as of this morning. From the screenshot I took this morning showing part of the URL source. 

2895BECC-E657-435F-9BA3-3146E4BCBF13.thumb.jpeg.df94fe82badedf67e50e80885203455e.jpeg

Edited by Pushka
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, christodan said:

So your point?

A pie chart is a circular graph. Nemesis involved multiple cruise lines. Weird things happening here. 

5 hours ago, Pushka said:

Not sure of the point of that. It shows more were acquired while in Europe than cruise ship. Does that mean that we should abolish ties with Europe and kick all Europeans out of the country, as we have with cruise ships? That would be the logical equivalence with their response to cruise ships.

8 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

??? from Artania ………………... 40 in Joondalup hospital WA  as at 02/04/2020. Another 5 confirmed as at 04/04/20 - one death from the ship (Sorry, I originally posted this info on your post - then cut it and put it here as I think I should have just posted here. Apologies Vader111

Do you think Artania deserves its own thread?  In the East, We don't hear much re this ship, which I believe is still at Fremantle.  Do you know what the current situation is?  How many passengers have been flown home?  How many in hospital?

Edited by MMDown Under

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Not sure of the point of that. It shows more were acquired while in Europe than cruise ship. Does that mean that we should abolish ties with Europe and kick all Europeans out of the country, as we have with cruise ships? That would be the logical equivalence with their response to cruise ships.

The Europe cases were before the virus became a pandemic. Other than Diamond, the cruises were afterwards. I find it alarming that cruiselines played such a significant role in spreading the virus around Australia after it was known that the virus had spread. 

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

The Europe cases were before the virus became a pandemic. Other than Diamond, the cruises were afterwards. I find it alarming that cruiselines played such a significant role in spreading the virus around Australia after it was known that the virus had spread. 

One cruise ship alone accounts for more than 75% of that total.

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Do you think Artania deserves its own thread?  In the East, We don't hear much re this ship, which I believe is still at Fremantle.  Do you know what the current situation is?  How many passengers have been flown home?  How many in hospital?

After negotiations, the Artania was allowed to dock in Fremantle and the sick passengers and crew were taken to hospitals. One man died. The other passengers were bused to the airport and flown back to German on chartered planes paid for by the cruise line. The ship remains in Fremantle, and according to the WA Premier, they refuse to leave.

I don't think the Artania should have its own thread. As it is a foreign ship, I think the interest in it will die down quickly.

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

I don't believe that is correct. Flights are still arriving from Europe, with Australians, so Europe can even now be a source of infections. 

Which means why the different treatment between source of infection?

Furthermore, your response suggests it was wilful behaviour on behalf of one cruise ship (to justify a greater penalty). There has been nothing to indicate that, and in fact it looks more like a failing of Australian/state government processes to date - which is why they changed their processes subsequently.

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

No it doesn't need it's own thread. Most of the info in relation to the ship is dotted up and down this thread and it will be leaving around Apr 15. Planes were sent in from Germany, flew around 600 passengers out last Sunday and transferred the coronavirus patients to hospital. So, no doesn't need it's own thread, almost done now, it only has to sail.

It has been scrubbed and cleaned, and essential crew are isolated from others. There are still 12 passengers onboard who were too obese to get on a plane, (this comments is posted in numerous news items) so are being cared for by crew. 

Edited by dizzy1948

3 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

No it doesn't need it's own thread. Most of the info in relation to the ship is dotted up and down this thread and it will be leaving around Apr 15. Planes were sent in from Germany, flew around 600 passengers out last Sunday and transferred the coronavirus patients to hospital. So, no doesn't need it's own thread, almost done now, it only has to sail.

Oh that is good.  I thought I'd read somewhere that this ship caused the WA Premier the most heartache.  I know he passed the matter of the ship staying over to Federal Government.  

47 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

After negotiations, the Artania was allowed to dock in Fremantle and the sick passengers and crew were taken to hospitals. One man died. The other passengers were bused to the airport and flown back to German on chartered planes paid for by the cruise line. The ship remains in Fremantle, and according to the WA Premier, they refuse to leave.

I don't think the Artania should have its own thread. As it is a foreign ship, I think the interest in it will die down quickly.

I can't help but think what Trump would have done if a foreign ship with no American passengers refused to leave. 

I think the Federal Government weakened WA Premier's position with regard to the foreign cruise ships, which started with conflicting messages to Amsterdam's passengers.  Americans don't understand a Federation of States, with States and C'wealth each having their own responsibilities.  

I personally think the matter of foreign cruise ships, arriving after the Australian cruise ship ban, giving mixed "truths", deserves further scrutiny.  

Edited by MMDown Under

54 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

I don't believe that is correct. Flights are still arriving from Europe, with Australians, so Europe can even now be a source of infections. 

Which means why the different treatment between source of infection?

Furthermore, your response suggests it was wilful behaviour on behalf of one cruise ship (to justify a greater penalty). There has been nothing to indicate that, and in fact it looks more like a failing of Australian/state government processes to date - which is why they changed their processes subsequently.

Not at all and not with the current isolation practices that have  been in place for a week and there’s not much evidence for community spread for those arriving before then. We are still sitting on that time bomb for Ruby. 

I don’t know who is responsible for Ruby. I’ll wait for the investigation.  

Edited by Pushka