Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...watching the pouring rain outside our big front windshield as I type.  But...it is what it is.  All the tropical foliage appreciates the big drink.  😉 

Send some of your rain our way. We desperately need it. We are drier than a popcorn fart here (all summer, now into the fall). 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am sorry the weather is not cooperating and I hope you get some good weather later in the week.  Glad you got the spot you wanted and the pork sounds yummy.  

I will take the rain over the site I was afraid we were stuck with.  😉  Taking the good with the bad again.  Life happens.  😉 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Having fun on Allure. 

Unfortunately can't keep up with all the other threads.😉

Right now at work on my laptop I have 6 tabs open on CC. I am following, yours, Ozark Kid, Crystal's Greece Live and Radio's threads. A lot to keep up with. Great material. So glad we are back to cruising and can read these threads instead of a mask or vaccine thread.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Send some of your rain our way. We desperately need it. We are drier than a popcorn fart here (all summer, now into the fall). 

Bring on the butter!  😄 😄 

Yeah, weird.  Those that don't need the rain...are getting it.  Those that need it badly, are not getting any.  Very sad about your dry weather out there...and all the fires out west.  Sad for people, animals, and plants as well.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you so much for the head's up on Radio's Live Review.  Now I have I have 6 threads I am following!

There's just not enough time in the day for me.  Busy, busy, busy.  PT later this afternoon,  etc.  I'm taking a little time for myself right now to try and "keep up" with CC😁

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Somehow based on my beloved mah jong games, I don't see H as a happy participant who would fit in comfortably. On both sides.  I'm surprised your friend's wife asked.

However....I had a friend that was a Neil Diamond groupie.  She was at that time, in her 50s and traveled all over the tri-state NY area to attend his concerts.  A few times she was able to gain access backstage.  Once she invited him to her Passover Sedar (holiday meal).  He graciously declined but stayed and chatted with her at length..

OMG, Bonnie!  Your friend wouldn't happen to be named Phyllis, from Staten Island??  LOL.  One of the girls I played Mah jongg with at the UFT building was a Phyllis, who also loved Neil Diamond.  Same story, she gained access backstage.  Wherever  Neil Diamond performed, she dragged her husband with her and fly to his concerts.

When we moved to NJ, our Library here had Mah jongg every Thursday afternoon.  I finally joined...great group there, but before I really got to know everyone, I had left for Florida for a cruise in the Fall, then back to Florida for the Winter.  Then, this darned Covid closed everything once we had returned to NJ.  I keep looking in our paper to see if they would be starting again soon, but no such luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bucky is asleep before we even take off.  He can pretty much sleep anywhere.  Of course being nearly deaf helps as well.  😉   Me...no way I can sleep on plane...hard enough to sleep at home.  😮 

Gee Pat, we must be related.  Same story here.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

His original name was Big Boy.  He was owned by a couple as a barn cat.  I was at the vet's office waiting on my dog to be finished for her glucose curve so it was the very end of the day.  A man comes in and says he is there to pick up Big Boy.  They gave him the price at which point he very loudly said his wife had not told him it would be that much.  He would have just shot him instead.  He stormed out and never came back.  I thought about it over night and the next morning I stopped by and asked what happened to pets not claimed.  They said are you talking about Big Boy because the wife had showed up and for a greatly reduced amount picked him up.  Two weeks later I get a call and they said that Big Boy was back.  He had a toe removed and they were supposed to change his bandage and give him meds.  They had not done that so his foot was worse.  I said that if the owners would give up ownership I would take him and pay his bills.  They had to take off another toe and he got fixed.  He is the best cat.  Super personality.  Nothing bothers him and he loves my husband.  He has a BB in his side from before and it was obvious he had never been fed.  The first night he ate 3 bowls of food and it took awhile for him to figure out there would always be food.  

God Bless you, Keksie.  What a wonderful and loving home you've given to Big Boy!❤️  Our daughter took in 2 elderly rescue dogs, Bonnie and Clyde from the Popcorn Zoo here.  Clyde had diabetes, and Judy would have to give Clyde his shots on a daily basis.  Clyde was also blind.  Clyde finally lost the fight about 2 years ago when his kidney, etc. gave out.  Bonnie is going strong around here, although she doesn't see or hear as well as she used to.  She's a happy dog, though, very much loved around here.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OMG...I knew you had a heart of gold!!  Good for you to give him the real home he deserved!  

I love those stickers that mention "who saved who"?  😉  All of my cats have been rescue cats, and they all left paw prints on my heart.  🥰

Blessings to you also, Pat!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Again I see something and it makes me wonder how my friends are doing. 😁

20211003_210243.thumb.jpg.0bde39265bfd01500ccaa8e04ae54dfc.jpg

I have bought the 18 and blue back from a few cruises, we did a MSc cruise and had there best drink package which included all the Johnny Walker Blue we wanted definitely over indulge a couple of times on that cruise.

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Somehow based on my beloved mah jong games, I don't see H as a happy participant who would fit in comfortably. On both sides.  I'm surprised your friend's wife asked.

However....I had a friend that was a Neil Diamond groupie.  She was at that time, in her 50s and traveled all over the tri-state NY area to attend his concerts.  A few times she was able to gain access backstage.  Once she invited him to her Passover Sedar (holiday meal).  He graciously declined but stayed and chatted with her at length..

Neil and my wife went to the same Brooklyn HS but not at the same time.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

How interesting is it a day after a Facebook whistleblower goes on National television to tell how Facebook put profits over people’s security, Facebook is down with a outage. Hmmmmm????

Curious thing happened yesterday.  It started a week ago when I got a "deal"  to upgrade my Iphone 8 to a 13.  I was on Sprint and it is now Tmobile. Then I noticed that all scam calls stopped.  The phone was quiet all week. I had my wife call, so the phone was actually working, plus text messages got through.  

Yesterday , I got an email from Facebook saying that my phone number associated with my account no longer was working. Hmm. So I logged on, and looked and nothing was amiss. Then i looked further , and turned of the permission  to send notifications to my phone. 

And then , as if by magic,  today I received  my first scam call. I still have my Ct phone number with that area code, an most of the calls are from that area code.

Is FB selling my phone number?

31 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Wow that's very interesting and yes I would not be surprised. I need to check my phone. I have Sprint/T-mobile and I get tons of spam calls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Curious thing happened yesterday.  It started a week ago when I got a "deal"  to upgrade my Iphone 8 to a 13.  I was on Sprint and it is now Tmobile. Then I noticed that all scam calls stopped.  The phone was quiet all week. I had my wife call, so the phone was actually working, plus text messages got through.  

Yesterday , I got an email from Facebook saying that my phone number associated with my account no longer was working. Hmm. So I logged on, and looked and nothing was amiss. Then i looked further , and turned of the permission  to send notifications to my phone. 

And then , as if by magic,  today I received  my first scam call. I still have my Ct phone number with that area code, an most of the calls are from that area code.

There is a saying I heard a long time ago.  It goes something like “If you are not paying for the service, then you are the service”. I probably messed up the original quote, but nothing free.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, even Cruise Critic sells your information to pay for the services you receive.  
pits amazing how much control big tech has over everything. 🤔

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, cynt said:

$6,600 - Cheapest quote, everyone else was over $12K

- (460) - 10 gallons (entire house) of paint at retail Lowes prices. You know they get it at contractor prices.

-(2,400) - 5 man crew, 8 hrs day @ $20/hr for 3 days

-(500) equipment and supplies - guestimate. I know it's not this much.

3,240 Profit

So the owner takes home $3240 for this 3 day job. That's pretty good I think. But I'm shaking my head at the quotes that were over $12K. WTW!!! I'm in the wrong business.

The owner is probably taking home less than half of that $3240.  He has to pay all the overhead expenses for the business. Business taxes, employee payroll taxes, employee benefits, company trucks, fuel, tools to get the job done and even liability insurance …..

ive been trying to answer this for a couple of days, but the site wouldn’t let me reply to any posts.  I thought I was in monopoly for a minute there lol

Edited by LucasLikesToCruise
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

OMG, Bonnie!  Your friend wouldn't happen to be named Phyllis, from Staten Island??  LOL.  One of the girls I played Mah jongg with at the UFT building was a Phyllis, who also loved Neil Diamond.  Same story, she gained access backstage.  Wherever  Neil Diamond performed, she dragged her husband with her and fly to his concerts.

When we moved to NJ, our Library here had Mah jongg every Thursday afternoon.  I finally joined...great group there, but before I really got to know everyone, I had left for Florida for a cruise in the Fall, then back to Florida for the Winter.  Then, this darned Covid closed everything once we had returned to NJ.  I keep looking in our paper to see if they would be starting again soon, but no such luck.

Her name was Dotty from New City.  Not your Phyllis, lol

I was thinking as we get closer to our Bella cruise to ask if anyone would like to play MJ on board.  I know of 3 so far.  You, me and my friend Thea who with her husband will be cruising with us and she has a MJ set!

I played MJ on a past cruise with 2 friends who cruised with us and it was spur of the moment and totally delightful.  Luckily the ship had a set in the card room.  One friend had her MJ card and Guest Services made copies for us.  We grabbed a table on the pool deck in the shade and forgot about time.  We didn't play for money and Jack was happy I wasn't in the shops!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Marcel loves his catnip-infused scratcher box.  

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful Kitty.

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Marcel is beautiful!

+ 3  🌷

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Little round pellet from a pellet gun. (BB gun). Rotten people. 

Oh no, that is awful and incomprehensible😢

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

amazing how much control big tech has over everything. 🤔

Have you seen the documentary "The Social Dilemma?" A great doc on the power of social media and those companies on us. It is very good and scary.