Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Fair enough, but milk in a bag. That's different

28 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is different! How do you pour it out of the bag? 

https://www.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/why-do-some-countries-sell-milk-in-bags

There are two types of people in this world: those who get their milk in cartons and those who buy milk in plastic bags. And though Americans are all-in on cardboard milk cartons, or the occasional plastic jugs, throughout the rest of the world—from India and Israel to our dear neighbors Canada—milk is sold in plastic bags. America is, in fact, somewhat anomalous for selling its milk in upright containers rather than in plastic bags.

Three of these bags in each of the larger bags in Andrews SUV.

17AF2859-A9B2-44FF-8702-6C4B9FE519A0.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

One set of neighbours live in a restored one room school house, built in the 1900s. Ironically two teachers live there with their young son. They have been painting rocks and placing them among the neighbourhood, during the pandemic. These are a few along our farm ditches. 

These are balloons, minds out of the gutter. LOL

This has become a fun activity in our little town of 12K. I think now there are several people creating and hiding the rocks.  Kind of fun to find the painted rocks when we go for a walk.  Mrs Ldubs takes pic's and shares her finds her FB page. Lol. 

There are some very artistic folks out there.   

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are two types of people in this world: those who get their milk in cartons and those who buy milk in plastic bags. And though Americans are all-in on cardboard milk cartons, or the occasional plastic jugs, throughout the rest of the world—from India and Israel to our dear neighbors Canada—milk is sold in plastic bags. America is, in fact, somewhat anomalous for selling its milk in upright containers rather than in plastic bags.

I've dealt with milk in plastic bags in a cardboard box for a milk machine, like in a cafeteria.  I  had no idea this was common.  Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks! That's fascinating. I have never heard of or seen such a thing. And you have to have milk accessories? Hmm.

Appreciated. The things you learn on Cruise Critic! :classic_biggrin: Do you still keep the pitcher in the door of the refrigerator? Maybe there is a market for square milk pitchers in Ontario sized for the door. 

Edited by Coralc

20 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks! That's fascinating. I have never heard of or seen such a thing. And you have to have milk accessories? Hmm.

Appreciated. The things you learn on Cruise Critic! :classic_biggrin: Do you still keep the pitcher in the door of the refrigerator? Maybe there is a market for square milk pitchers in Ontario sized for the door. 

The jug with the open bag we keep on the main shelf in the fridge.  We also have this holder to keep the extra bags organized.  

Funny the differences between neighbours. 

5FAE28B1-3749-4041-9DEC-43DB8344D79F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

The white bowl with blue trim on your top shelf- my mom had these same bowls when I was growing up (in Kentucky!) I think they were made by Corelle?

Of course. As is the beige bowl with the white triming on the 2nd shelf.

Expensive, but high quality. I have lots of them, everytime there is a "sale", I add another one...

חלב 1.jpg

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have a better one of those two types of people explanations. 

FB_IMG_1567306320296.thumb.jpg.83adb676863b4a2487e6b5f8f1ca619a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Canadian essentials. What LCBO stand for you ask, Liquor Control Board Ontario. 

I went from Buffalo to Ontario a lot growing up.  Brador and Extra Stock 👍.  Don't know if either is still brewed.  The 2 acronyms that I remember most were LCBO and OPP.  One very good, the other hopefully good but possibly very bad.

Based on the case of Clamato juice, can we assume that there is vodka in the LCBO bag?  I'll gladly take milk in a bag before Clamato instead of tomato or V8.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

One set of neighbours live in a restored one room school house, built in the 1900s. Ironically two teachers live there with their young son. They have been painting rocks and placing them among the neighbourhood, during the pandemic. These are a few along our farm ditches. 
These are balloons, minds out of the gutter. LOL

Pretty cool!  We see a lot of them in the state parks here in Florida.  I think Mommy and Daddy keep the kids busy on the picnic tables painting.  Then they go off and put them in various places.  😉  A lot of them are pretty cute.

We found one on our post outside our driveway a year ago...still keep it there.  🙂 

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And though Americans are all-in on cardboard milk cartons, or the occasional plastic jugs, throughout the rest of the world—from India and Israel to our dear neighbors Canada—milk is sold in plastic bags.

Actually, we're enjoying both "worlds" 😁 -- until a few years ago, we only had plastic bags, and I've absolutely hated them -- place them in their special device, find the scissors, cut the corner, a few drops automatically spilled out, and the container had, in a few hours, the smell of sour milk...

The moment the cartons appeared on the market, my life improved enormously.... The cartons are 0.5$ more than the plastic -- I'm willingly paying the difference.

חלב 1.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Actually, we're enjoying both "worlds" 😁 -- until a few years ago, we only had plastic bags, and I've absolutely hated them -- place them in their special device, find the scissors, cut the corner, a few drops automatically spilled out, and the container had, in a few hours, the smell of sour milk...

The moment the cartons appeared on the market, my life improved enormously.... The cartons are 0.5$ more than the plastic -- I'm willingly paying the difference.

חלב 1.jpg

We have both as well.  The cartons being smaller are great if you don't go through that much. We also now have "Tru Taste"  milk that still is refrigerated like normal milk but has a shelf life of a month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Pretty cool!  We see a lot of them in the state parks here in Florida.  I think Mommy and Daddy keep the kids busy on the picnic tables painting.  Then they go off and put them in various places.  😉  A lot of them are pretty cute.

We found one on our post outside our driveway a year ago...still keep it there.  🙂 

🤔  If they are doing this during this during the pandemic  they are Potentially spreading the virus.  Dont sound essential to me

1 minute ago, Newleno said:

🤔  If they are doing this during this during the pandemic  they are Potentially spreading the virus.  Dont sound essential to me

Never said they were doing this during the Pandemic.🙄  I was talking about previous trips to state park campgrounds last year.  Our state parks in Florida have been closed (both campground and day use) for months now.