Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have everything but the schnapps.  Do I need it?

It gives it a peachy taste.  Not sure if you really need it.  You can always try it without.  Next time I will put less in as I thought it was too sweet.

1 hour ago, BSR said:

It gives it a peachy taste.  Not sure if you really need it.  You can always try it without.  Next time I will put less in as I thought it was too sweet.

Add more vodka, cut down pineapple juice

Edited by John&LaLa

Just read in the Allentown Morning Call that wearing a N-95 mask caused an auto accident in Lincoln Park, NJ.  Seems the driver and only occupant of the vehicle had the mask on for 4 hours and evidently passed out behind the wheel for lack of oxygen.  The police said he tested negative for alcohol and drugs.  Police advised that wearing a mask while driving by oneself has no positive use.  Evidently there could be negative results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Made a liquor run earlier today spent several hundred lots of wine, had bought a tray of eggplant parmigiana from our favorite restaurant and had that with some of the wine . We are only a few weeks from using our backyard pool, normally use it from May to October. Wife now works from home so that’s great , I am retired.

• Like 1

Had a great walk on the beach today,  sun surf and plenty of sea shells & shark teeth, most folks practicing social distancing, however there was a group of college age girls clustered together like a bunch a baby chickens.

13 hours ago, mugtech said:

Just read in the Allentown Morning Call that wearing a N-95 mask caused an auto accident in Lincoln Park, NJ.  Seems the driver and only occupant of the vehicle had the mask on for 4 hours and evidently passed out behind the wheel for lack of oxygen.  The police said he tested negative for alcohol and drugs.  Police advised that wearing a mask while driving by oneself has no positive use.  Evidently there could be negative results.

I see that all the time down here in Florida as well.  Single driver in a car still wearing a mask.  Ummm...Huh?  Is it too hard to take it off when you are by yourself in a car?  Or do they forget they even have it on?  😉 

Edited by island lady

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I see that all the time down here in Florida as well.  Single driver in a car still wearing a mask.  Ummm...Huh?  Is it too hard to take it off when you are by yourself in a car?  Or do they forget they even have it on?  😉 

Wearing the mask to make a fashion statement. 😷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Well I understand, if you take the mask off at home, you can put it in a safe spot (like the garage)so the virus if present is in one spot, you also (in the garage) can take off your gloves, your clothes,  then wash your hands, before taking a shower.  If you try taking the mask off in the car it negates the purpose of wearing it in the first place.

Mulch job completed yesterday. Just happy to say loading wasn’t done by hand. Could only imagine how I’d be feeling today if that was the case. 

4FEB4E0B-0CAF-4A39-B395-0DBC0BDA04B6.thumb.jpeg.e89b2d139a099916717acea7e5b8763b.jpeg

10 hours later the job was done. Lucy did a lot of supervision from sunny locations, like the pool box, chair lounger and from under a plant. 

C5D7DE2A-6F8D-4720-BC10-C78852A54696.thumb.jpeg.61173bdf5c1139faf0dc30f85c6501a3.jpeg

2752A118-06AA-46C3-8D7E-B195AFFF12DE.thumb.jpeg.7c4f17861ab4fcc52224686c9ca3d108.jpeg

181FB9B7-7238-4EA9-A501-F92FDE119B01.thumb.jpeg.55a6e36bf3ad5c09ef8e28213d0439d2.jpeg

The pool is looking decent, for one day in. Haven’t cranked the heat yet, I want it to get warmer outside first.  We only got to 60F yesterday. 

23E2E845-19A9-4133-9536-89F607C81BA1.thumb.png.fc9aad10008cdb2e9d3fa56918c68607.png

• Like 4

The average day is get up, eat, work, research stuff for the ranch or business opportunities, work, eat, sleep.  It gets kind of boring.  I do spend more time cooking and probably eating healthier than when things were the old normal where I ate out 5-7 nights a week because of how work, school (my dd is in college nearby), and wife's work had us all so busy all the time. 

Thankfully a couple times a week I put go to the ranch and tend the herd into the mix. I then get to keep check on progress of interstate highway 3rd lane construction, births of calves, how the wildflowers look, get in more exercise thru walking, and the other day pipe lifting, and other chores that give me a workout. 

It is nice to get out to the country with wide open space around so my social distance boundary increases to about 1/2 a mile at a minimum from humans...much closer to the cattle, but they apparently don't yet get this strain of coronavirus, but get vaccinated for other strains.  I am also self teaching welding skills out at the ranch and am about to embark on a few week long pipe fence install project. 

I will be glad sometime next year when it is safe to cruise again, ports are open, and we can book time to get away.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Newleno said:

Well I understand, if you take the mask off at home, you can put it in a safe spot (like the garage)so the virus if present is in one spot, you also (in the garage) can take off your gloves, your clothes,  then wash your hands, before taking a shower.  If you try taking the mask off in the car it negates the purpose of wearing it in the first place.

We're only using the car once a week for shopping, hopefully any virus on mask will have died before next use 🤷‍♀️ and no I don't use it In the car 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

Andrew - your pool looks amazing for such a short time of filtering!!  That’s great!  And the landscaping looks good too!

In MA we are expecting rain for almost every day over the next week and temps in the 40s and 50s - with some snow showers thrown in sometimes too..so we have our pool being opened on May 11th...I hope it clears as quickly as yours does!

Its still a bit of a crapshoot with what’s gonna happen with the kids for summer...their club basketball and baseball programs are on hold now and hope to play in June but we shall see what happens...I feel like summer camp will be a NoGo...

Sooo - we are trying to make the best of it and use the insane amount of free time we have on nights and weekends to get some projects coordinated.   Have gotten the swingset taken down, have some one coming to give us a quote on putting in the basketball court on Tuesday, redoing the driveway layout and kitchen remodel scheduled for the following week...   It’s good that my DH and I are both gainfully employed and likely not to be impacted by this situation because this is going to end up as an expensive year!     

We have decided that we will continue to do what we can to help the economy - we have our lawn guys, sprinkler guys, pool guys, and cleaning ladies already working or set to start, and we purposefully are eating out 2-3 times a week (much less than before but still something).    Hopefully by working on the court and the kitchen once the kids are actually back in school it’s our contribution to a local stimulus package!   At least that’s what I keep saying as I spend the money!!

• Like 2

I feel like Pinky and the Brain...what do you want to do tonight? Same thing we do every night...cocktails with friends, grill out in the driveway, listen to cruising music, and relax. IT is going to be difficult going back into the office. Getting used to the more relaxed life at home.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I feel like Pinky and the Brain...what do you want to do tonight? Same thing we do every night...cocktails with friends, grill out in the driveway, listen to cruising music, and relax. IT is going to be difficult going back into the office. Getting used to the more relaxed life at home.

Retirement is great. 🍻😎

• Like 3