Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some did, much later.

Not from Romania.

Moreover, in order to leave, we had to renounce our Romanian citizenship. Only lately, they restored my Romanian citizenship.

The Russians, on the other hand, were more amenable and paid the pensions to those who immigrated.

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Not from Romania.

20 years of work is apparently worth about $400/mo. in pension - as I said, slightly later (late 70s) emigration and payments only started about 10 years ago.

Edited by Biker19

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

20 years of work is apparently worth about $400/mo. in pension

My father worked from age 14, in order to provide for his widowed mother and little sister. He had 43 years worth of pension.

Since both my parents are long gone, I'm happy to hear that others will enjoy their pension rights. Thanks.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Not from Romania.

Moreover, in order to leave, we had to renounce our Romanian citizenship. Only lately, they restored my Romanian citizenship.

The Russians, on the other hand, were more amenable and paid the pensions to those who immigrated.

I just read that to the boss and she said yes, yes. She mentioned it would be nice to  just get back what was stolen from the family. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just read that to the boss and she said yes, yes. She mentioned it would be nice to  just get back what was stolen from the family. 

My dad’s family has been going through the Romanian tribunal, for what seems to be decades, to get financial retribution for their family home and land that was confiscated.  My dad passed in 2003 and his brothers have continued the fight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My father worked from age 14, in order to provide for his widowed mother and little sister. He had 43 years worth of pension.

Since both my parents are long gone, I'm happy to hear that others will enjoy their pension rights. Thanks.

Shalom.

My father had a very close friend who left Romania in 1952 and went to Israel.He came to New York in 1958 and lived there for the rest of his life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have had a hot spell here for the last few days and our lioness has been relaxing in her Sierra.  I on the other hand have been working and staying hydrated. Went for a swim and the pool is 85, and if feels like low 90s here. 

98A29EB5-0956-4805-B8F7-BFD871F02F5D.thumb.jpeg.e5becb72c1e323430f5b0262a46f98b9.jpeg

287DD14C-162C-4D35-B52E-970364470DBC.thumb.jpeg.52b8b5a5f875a6677e0fec98d2ae67dc.jpeg

090BC126-89CB-403B-ABDD-072AF0F47FB1.thumb.jpeg.6ec3111e7bd08df862114f8f85243411.jpeg

AD6362CF-16EC-4D9F-970E-F8FBAFB0C15E.thumb.jpeg.88a408dbef8ec406ca534824c6ef1b2c.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

My dad’s family has been going through the Romanian tribunal, for what seems to be decades, to get financial retribution for their family home and land that was confiscated.  My dad passed in 2003 and his brothers have continued the fight. 

My in-laws were from Hungary.  My wife has a sister born in Germany and one in Israel - 3 in the US.  Her mother did get money, but from Germany, not Hungary.  Almost $700 per month.  Visited Budapest last year and will go again this year.  She was very happy to hear the language and eat the food.  I can only cuss in Hungarian (based on 42 years of marriage). She can speak it pretty well, but hope she was really saying what she said she was.  I don’t understand why everyone was laughing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

My in-laws were from Hungary.  My wife has a sister born in Germany and one in Israel - 3 in the US.  Her mother did get money, but from Germany, not Hungary.  Almost $700 per month.  Visited Budapest last year and will go again this year.  She was very happy to hear the language and eat the food.  I can only cuss in Hungarian (based on 42 years of marriage). She can speak it pretty well, but hope she was really saying what she said she was.  I don’t understand why everyone was laughing.

We were supposed to be in Budapest this month. A 15 day river cruise. We were supposed to fly back tomorrow. All gone because of CV19.  We have talked about what we were supposed to do each day. Bucket list trip. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We were supposed to be in Budapest this month. A 15 day river cruise. We were supposed to fly back tomorrow. All gone because of CV19.  We have talked about what we were supposed to do each day. Bucket list trip. 

First time for us last year and we loved it.  First time my wife loved it (me too).  We were supposed to be back in Oct for 4 days, (Plus Vienna and Prague)  but pushed our Holy Land cruise to 2021.  

My sister did the river cruise and ended in Bucharest.  Did a side trip to the camp and really had a great trip.  BTW - we stayed at the intercontinental with river front suite - great location and unbelievable view if you need a hotel

• Like 2

A & L, that is a pretty Lionesss😉

Right now getting ready to leave for the airport to pick up the daughter who is flying home from Orlando.  They flew down on Frontier on a cheap flight Sunday to watch the astronauts go up, and that of course did not happen.

If I can figure it out I will post  picture of the sign welcoming her back.

You see she surprised us two years ago with a prank sign  when we flew in from Alaska and you could say this is a pay back.

Stay healthy.

Edited by Lionesss

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thread should be renamed to life in the “new normal”, as times have changed. 

I cannot wait for that phrase to die a fiery death.

Seriously, you would think the cruise industry would have trademarked  'new normal' years ago.

Want a decent steak? $5 upcharge. It's the new normal! Can you tell I've been around CC longer than my account would suggest (wife's account - wonder if I can find it)?

Oil is expensive. We're adding a fee because oil is above $40 a barrel. It's the new normal!

This cheap labor is expensive and cutting our bottom line. Daily fees are going up. It's the new normal!

Edited by ToroAzul
  • Like 1

Agreed. Absolutely done with this.

I have said many times, to people who work for me, that I would stay at home for a year if it guarantees that they would all be safe, as well as the people we care for. I would give that up but sadly it is not a reality.

The biggest lesson I ever learned was after our daughter passed, from health complications, two days after her second birthday. We learned life continues, as difficult as it can be.

New normal, new day, new beginnings.  For all of us today is different than it was a few months ago, and we will continue on with ups and downs. 

• Like 6

Yikes, sorry about your daughter. Of course I don't know how long ago that was but it never goes away.

But yes, we're all on finite time.

The issue is people wanting to ruin everyone's time because they don't want to do something. I could go on but this thread is not the place.

• Thanks 1

The funny thing is that when I hear that people are being locked up I alwyas wonder - why cant I be locked up in the cabin on board the ship away from all the covid and the crisis in general. I am sure many people would be happy to be locked up on board the cruiser. Its both fun and profitable. I would enjoy it so much, I am serious 

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Agreed. Absolutely done with this.

I have said many times, to people who work for me, that I would stay at home for a year if it guarantees that they would all be safe, as well as the people we care for. I would give that up but sadly it is not a reality.

The biggest lesson I ever learned was after our daughter passed, from health complications, two days after her second birthday. We learned life continues, as difficult as it can be.

New normal, new day, new beginnings.  For all of us today is different than it was a few months ago, and we will continue on with ups and downs. 

I wish we had a “sad” reaction. 

So sorry to hear this. 

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Couldn't agree more -- a "sad" button is thoroughly missed.

You really want to react/give a feed back and express your feelings, but "like/laugh/thanks" are not appropriate....

[sorry, English is not my mother tongue].

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

Yikes, sorry about your daughter. Of course I don't know how long ago that was but it never goes away.

But yes, we're all on finite time.

The issue is people wanting to ruin everyone's time because they don't want to do something. I could go on but this thread is not the place.

Thank-you. It has been a few years but we think of her daily.

I agree with all you are saying. Life moves on, and if one does it smartly and carefully we can all continue about our ways without impeding on others. Make the best of that time, be mindful, be heartfelt, be helpful. 

I know, a little Kumbaya.

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So sorry to hear this. 

Thanks M8.

• Like 4

On 5/27/2020 at 12:03 AM, pspercy said:

When kids were small we went a few times to a place on the "Promised Land" peninsula into Bull Shoals Lake, Oakland, Ark.

Loved it up there.

Yes, we live a stone's throw from the lake there.  God's country for sure.  Happier than we've ever been since leaving Texas.

Pretty much the same as every day since it started. Our group of friends get together at one of our houses outside, someone takes a turn bringing the protein to throw on the grill, have a couple cocktails, jump in the pool, have a good time...rinse and repeat pretty much every day since mid-March.

• Like 2