Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is photo of the residue that remains after I scrapped off the wax.20220708_104249.thumb.jpg.f58049c60556602c0c3c60ee056d7e3d.jpg20220708_104126.thumb.jpg.0b9c5c1df346ae846e9810952170e09f.jpg

i read on google to use a hot iron with a towel to absorb the oil then use wire brush with white vinegar.   Guess I'll be ironing my patio this weekend😁

Try acetone ( nail polish remover ) in an out of sight location first.    You may be left with a worse mess experimenting.   

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What ship will you be sailing on out of Boston, Mark?  It sounds like the same itinerary Jim and I have on our Adventure of the Seas out of Cape Liberty on Sept. 29th.

In Portland, Maine, we booked a Vintage Fire Truck Tour..we thought it would be fun, since Jim is retired FDNY.😊 

In Bar Harbor, we booked a ship tour..called "Step Back in Time"

For both Halifax and St. John NB, we booked the "Big Pink Bus Tour" Hop on Hop off.

We were planning on meeting our dear friends in Boston, but my girlfriend is having her knee replacement done in the beginning of September.

We are on Voyager, October 16 sailing.  It is a little later than I would like, but that was the week that would work for us.  

We had planned to drive to Boston, but got some cheap SW flights and free hotel rooms, so we decided to fly.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are on Voyager, October 16 sailing.  It is a little later than I would like, but that was the week that would work for us.  

We had planned to drive to Boston, but got some cheap SW flights and free hotel rooms, so we decided to fly.

The free Island Explorer buses in Bar Harbor will not be running that late in the season, so consider that when you are looking at excursions.  The weekend you get back to Boston is also the Head of the Charles Regatta weekend if that is something that interests you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I remember when our swim team went to practice in their new Speedos. 
Navy with white flowers. They came home in  white suits because somebody overchlorinated the pool. 
My boys were blondes, so they always had greenish hair. 
Nobody ever had rashes, though. 

I am a blonde, my hair was almost white as a child, much darker now, however as a younger I always ended up with green hair over the summers.  Forgot about it, great memories.

58 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Andrew. 

How’s your mom?  

I had heard that Canada was having some sort of internet outage, hoping all is well with Andrew's mom and iChat it is just technical issues leading to no updates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

In Portland you can also rent a car and go to LL Bean in Falmouth. It isn’t far, best outlet town. Lobster Rolls on Harraseeket Wharf and still time to go back and walk around Portland. 
Capr Elizabeth Light is in Portland, too. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Got our Portland's mixed up.  🙂

I'm glad I read all the posts before responding. I was just about to respond that I had been to VooDoo donuts in Portland, OR and didn't know they had made it this far east.

Having said that, I've been to many a gourmet donuts shops over the years and while all were pretty good, not quite sure they are worth the price.

But then again, I'm a pretty basic donuts guy. Just give me some Krispy Kreme or store bought Glazed Entermanns and I'm good. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The free Island Explorer buses in Bar Harbor will not be running that late in the season, so consider that when you are looking at excursions.  The weekend you get back to Boston is also the Head of the Charles Regatta weekend if that is something that interests you.

I saw that.  That’s why we booked a private excursion for Bar Harbor. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I am a blonde, my hair was almost white as a child, much darker now, however as a younger I always ended up with green hair over the summers.  Forgot about it, great memories.

I had heard that Canada was having some sort of internet outage, hoping all is well with Andrew's mom and iChat it is just technical issues leading to no updates.

Last week, my granddaughter was in an over chlorinated pool, and her blond hair turned green.   It is back to blond now. 

• Like 2

Just now, h20skibum said:

I saw that.  That’s why we booked a private excursion for Bar Harbor. 

We have sailed that week a few times since the prices are usually really low, so have missed the free buses every time.  We have booked Ollies Trolley ourselves since it is usually about half the cost of the excursion through the ship.  Haven't decided on this year yet though, not sure how I feel about Voyager.

• Like 3

A long time ago I went on a private yacht for a week sailing with a boyfriend in the Caribbean. Three couples.  Washed my hair in the ocean…in the sun a lot.  I’m a natural blonde.  When I got home my hair had been bleached so light that when my natural blonde roots grew out…they looked almost black compared to the bleached white!  I looked like trailer trash!!  (This was 1983.)  I went to my wonderful hair guy who had to do reverse streaking…putting darker blonde shades into the pale color.  It was so weird seeing those “dark” roots!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WOW!!!!!

It's even more awesome in person. You can actually climb to the top of the falls, but it is very steep trail to the top. Some people do it, we only made it up to that bridge you see in the picture.

Really amazing!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Starting to cook more on the flat top. Slowly getting properly seasoned😁

Per the mfgr instructions, we cooked a pound of bacon on ours.  Then made smashburgers a couple of times.  It’s pretty well seasoned now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Per the mfgr instructions, we cooked a pound of bacon on ours.  Then made smashburgers a couple of times.  It’s pretty well seasoned now.  

Good idea. 

The burgers I've been making were an homage to my days at McDonald's in late 70's.

Preformed frozen quarter pounders seared to the grill. 3 minutes then turn and cook 2 more minutes. 

Even did some brats that were first bouled in beer.  Got a nice brown on them.

Goal is to do Hibachi 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Haven't decided on this year yet though, not sure how I feel about Voyager.

Curious.....why?  I'm on Voyager for the crossing from Copenhagen in Sept.  Appreciate your input.

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Good idea. 

The burgers I've been making were an homage to my days at McDonald's in late 70's.

Preformed frozen quarter pounders seared to the grill. 3 minutes then turn and cook 2 more minutes. 

Even did some brats that were first bouled in beer.  Got a nice brown on them.

Goal is to do Hibachi 😁

Hibachi and cheesesteak sandwiches are on our to do list.  

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Starting to cook more on the flat top. Slowly getting properly seasoned😁

I have a favorite diner in KC that it’s flattop is over 50 years old. The Hamburgers and eggs, hash browns that are made taste so good. They even say that the grill is extremely well seasoned. It’s kinda like a good cast iron skillet. Gets better with age.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

2 years from today we will be headed to Barcelona to end the 3rd leg of the world cruise. I wonder what will have impressed me the most by then?

I will be interested in that as well. Will it be a place, an experience, or even a cocktail. I’m betting on a experience from a place you’ve never been.

• Like 6