Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

The DH always works from home unless he’s on the road which of course he is not doing right now.  So we’re used to spending my days off together.  I’m still going to work as I’m an RN at a hospital.  

I did laundry, dishes, made filet Mignon in the Sous vide and baked potatoes, ( need to use up meat in the freezer.) Last night I made a quiche from scratch because I didn’t have a frozen pie shell.  It turned out pretty good and gave me leftovers for work. I wiped the counters down for upteenth time.  Tonight we had a birthday party for my 7 year old grandson over zoom.  

Our family is doing a weekly challenge.  We use the Marco Polo app a lot to communicate.  There are 14 of us, kids, spouses and grands.  First week we did a lego competition.  Last week it was build a tent that your whole family can fit in.  ( We won that one with a cardboard castle with a blanket cover complete with drawbridge. ) This week is a dance competition.  ( We will definitely not win this one but had fun putting it together.). We take turns judging and coming up with ideas.

We are trying to keep our sense of humor in the family ( although 3 of us, ourselves and 2 of our kids and families are in depression from cruises being cancelled this spring.) 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Definitely need to put it on the list.  Is the second ingredient pine?  Short for pineapple juice?

Hopefully not Pine-Sol. I mean everyone is cleaning, just not from the inside out. 

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Gotta go, Maury just came on.😉

You, are not the father. 

• Haha 1

I cook, clean, get teaching stuff ready  (I'm a teacher), homeschool my own kids for a few hours and make then do one activity outside- either a dip in our pool, or I walk the dogs while they skate or ride a bike/scooter. Dinner, baths, and then cuddle time on the couch and a movie- or they Snapchat a friend, finishes off our new normal.  Once or twice a week I clean out something too.  We did the garage earlier this week.  I decided I still hate cleaning and my reward is to play on my kindle through times of the day to dream of another vacation.  I have several ideas for when life resumes again.

• Like 3

Hubby is retired and I have been furlonged by my company, along with 90% of the UK staff. This, means the government pays 80% of our basic salary. So hunkered down with stay at home rules. Only going out in the car once a week for food supplies. Our house was halfway through renovation, so trying to make a feature of the scaffolding in the kitchen/dinning room 😂luckily we still have cooker and sink so getting creative in kitchen and doing some actual cake baking for once. Thanks to everyone on these boards who work in hospitals or care homes or essential services. ❤️ We did our 'clap for carers' last night in UK 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, davekathy said:

Tonight, tacos (hard shell corn)with cheese, pico de gallo and avocado along with a couple of beers. 🍻🌮

OK..now I know you absolutely DO need those Margaritas and Tequila shots!!  Good combo!  😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

My DH works from home anyway, except when he needs to travel to a job site. Since I retired I help him with his work.  No more travel, but he still is pretty busy. I used to pick my DGD up after school sometimes, attend a women’s Bible study every Tuesday, and my best friend and I took turns visiting each other’s home to work on crafts. Lately, I just clean the house, help John, read and play games on my iPad. 

we live in a pretty area so I take walks when the weather cooperates. I was taking the dog with me but she decided she didn’t like walking! 

I’m happy we have sites like CC. I really miss being out with people, so it’s nice to be able to chat with you all. 
Sadly, my cousin died earlier this week, not from the virus. My family usually turns out big time for weddings & funerals. Not this time, only immediate family allowed.

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin..and not being able to attend the funeral as well.  Hope this world will get back to normal soon.  Take care, be safe my friend.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin..and not being able to attend the funeral as well.  Hope this world will get back to normal soon.  Take care, be safe my friend.  

Thanks! Last night we found out my cousin is sick with the corvid19 virus. That really brought it home to me. She lives in Massachusetts. And I think it made John realize how serious the situation is. He had been rolling his eyes when I wore a mask and gloves to go out. This morning I have to go to the bank, grocery store & the printer to pick up blueprints (construction is considered essential) and John set out gloves and mask for me.

Will you be staying in Florida this summer, or will you try to head north? 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

My day. Hop on my motorcycle for a nice recreational ride. Very few cars on the road. 

Thinking of pulling the summer cars out of storage here today.  No one said going to the grocery store for pandemic shopping can't be fun, you just have to do it safely. 

IMG_0123.thumb.jpg.841db54692db2c58d9994be0c1ca766f.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Thanks! Last night we found out my cousin is sick with the corvid19 virus. That really brought it home to me. She lives in Massachusetts. And I think it made John realize how serious the situation is. He had been rolling his eyes when I wore a mask and gloves to go out. This morning I have to go to the bank, grocery store & the printer to pick up blueprints (construction is considered essential) and John set out gloves and mask for me.

Will you be staying in Florida this summer, or will you try to head north? 

Oh that is awful indeed.  How very sad for you and your family.  😞 

We had already decided to skip going to Maine this summer...though if I had a crystal ball...we would have still opted to do so with the current situation.  Where we go up there is very remote and isolated.  

We had made plans, and bookings, for two islands in Hawaii (land based) for my milestone birthday and our anniversary, had to cancel those plans and take various cancellation fees.  Hawaii doing major crack down on quarantining.  Then our Grandeur June cruise was altered to come to Florida/Bahamas instead of NE/Canada...cancelled that one.  Now I am sure our May 31st Harmony is on the chopping block next. 

The trip that will really break our hearts to lose is the month in Alaska we had planned for August, including B2B Radiance to celebrate Bucky's milestone birthday.  

We have Grandeur booked again in September.  That pretty took up our summer plans.  Wondering how many trips will be picked off and when.  

Stay safe my friend...my heart goes out to you in your loss.  

15 hours ago, Judyrem said:

Recipe please????

Well, DH got his inspiration from the recipe of FIDEUA (pls. check this link, among others--

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/seafood-fideua-paella )

His tips:

- Very thin pasta.

- Fry in oil for a mere minute.

- Break in small pieces.

Add mussels, heads and rings of calamari, shrimps & tiger shrimps, morsels of a white fish.

Here all those ingredients are only found frozen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thinking of pulling the summer cars out of storage here today.  No one said going to the grocery store for pandemic shopping can't be fun, you just have to do it safely. 

IMG_0123.thumb.jpg.841db54692db2c58d9994be0c1ca766f.jpg

They're just called 'cars' down here.

20200403_111302.thumb.jpg.1e414370d6fc6f884fbe1eac8bd6db79.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My stress and anxiety are so high!

I start every morning with walking the dogs. They are therapy dogs so they are used to people petting and cuddling them but that has stopped. They don't understand social distancing, but they are learning quickly. It's sad.

My house has never been cleaner and I have never cooked so much. That's a plus.

The worst part of the day is hearing from my kids. While I love talking to them, I hold my breath every time they call. 

Our son works for a cruise line so every day that he has a job is a good day.

Our daughter is a nurse at a large hospital in Chicago. She volunteered to work with covid 19 patients. Knowing that she is doing this without the proper equipment terrifies me.

I really need a cruise!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our house was halfway through renovation, so trying to make a feature of the scaffolding in the kitchen/dinning room 😂luckily we still have cooker and sink so getting creative in kitchen and doing some actual cake baking for once. Thanks to everyone on these boards who work in hospitals or care homes or essential services. ❤️ We did our 'clap for carers' last night in UK 

Had to chuckle about the "cake baking".  Besides the run on toilet paper here, there was a run on flour and sugar.  Sounds like everyone wanted unleash their inner baker.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went for my seven mile walk today. Did some yard work. Balmy 52 degrees. Wore shorts and a long sleeved T-shirt.  Sat on the patio when I was finished, drank a beer (Budweiser). In about a half an hour going to have a glass of wine, cheese and crackers with Kathy while watching Judge Judy. For diner grilling burgers with sauteed onions and for the side, homemade shrimp dip and chips. Hope everyone is having a good day. Cheers... 😎🍻🍷

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

crackers with Kathy while watching Judge Judy.

I've recently "discovered" Judge Judy and I enjoy her show very much. Some of the cases, though, left me speechless....

For diner grilling burgers with sauteed onions and for the side, homemade shrimp dip and chips.

Sound delicious, enjoy! Burgers are my fav. When, centuries ago, we dinned out, my friends would say: "Of course, Dani will order burger & plenty of chips"😁

56 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Went for my seven mile walk today. Did some yard work. Balmy 52 degrees. Wore shorts and a long sleeved T-shirt.  Sat on the patio when I was finished, drank a beer (Budweiser). In about a half an hour going to have a glass of wine, cheese and crackers with Kathy while watching Judge Judy. For diner grilling burgers with sauteed onions and for the side, homemade shrimp dip and chips. Hope everyone is having a good day. Cheers... 😎🍻🍷

Bud Light for me and maybe a Tito’s later. 

• Like 3

I've contributed to the 28.5 million more spent on alcohol this  March as opposed to last March.

Spend WAY to much time on CC. It's better than going to the movies with all the drama, comedy, and fights/bickering.

Happy hour seems to be  earlier some days.

A stroll down to the mailbox is like a field day!

Edited by beerman2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Seems like the cruise planning has come to a screeching crawl.... We lost our bucket list trip to Bermuda for May, but still have an 8 day Bahamas trip planned for February 2021.  I half-hardheartedly planned a dolphin excursion for that (!! SHHHHH !!! don't tell hubby!!!)

Thankfully we are retired and can socially distance our walks on the beach every day. Even our neighborhood wine salute at sunset is socially distanced.  😉   

I manage to get in my 10,000 steps every day.  

I think we will be back to 'work' soon.  

Flatten the curve and wash your hands!

Thank goodness for this site!

• Like 3