Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I took my mom’s recycling down for her, and I was rewarded with an amazing sunset. 

F3B57623-AF1B-4D8F-B552-0EB9B2D3830B.thumb.jpeg.341e29a3f83715a235a606368cdee4d6.jpeg

It just got better the further down the laneway I went. 

3F0AD4D4-9332-4CD1-B1AC-D2442839970B.thumb.jpeg.3912ea9341d32ef14e1e332f936f3a20.jpeg

The finale; the neighbour’s field had a pond of melted snow. The wind is so strong the pond had wavelets.  Wonderful end to the day.

EF804FA9-E1E8-48C5-BD8D-42C2C35ABA3B.thumb.jpeg.a41a1497c4eba8ec8d8b68baa19afdd7.jpeg

• Like 23

Today was a beautiful spring teaser.  Nice sunny 75 degree day.  Working from home has its advantages.  I was able to do some yard cleanup for 1.5 hours then we bought out of shed some basic patio furniture.  I worked on laptop on patio for a bit then we went for a nice walk around the neighborhood.  

Sure felt good feeling warm sun again. 

Tomorrow back to the 50s.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I took my mom’s recycling down for her, and I was rewarded with an amazing sunset. 

F3B57623-AF1B-4D8F-B552-0EB9B2D3830B.thumb.jpeg.341e29a3f83715a235a606368cdee4d6.jpeg

It just got better the further down the laneway I went. 

3F0AD4D4-9332-4CD1-B1AC-D2442839970B.thumb.jpeg.3912ea9341d32ef14e1e332f936f3a20.jpeg

The finale; the neighbour’s field had a pond of melted snow. The wind is so strong the pond had wavelets.  Wonderful end to the day.

EF804FA9-E1E8-48C5-BD8D-42C2C35ABA3B.thumb.jpeg.a41a1497c4eba8ec8d8b68baa19afdd7.jpeg

Gorgeous 💥

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

One of my sons went to / graduated from Boston College. Does that count for something New Englandy? 😉

Yes!  That's wicked pissah!  

Andrew, gorgeous photos, as usual.  One day, we'll be able to travel again, I can't wait to see you and Lisa again.  LOL, I accidentally wrote you and Lucy.  Nutmeg killed a mouse a few months ago and was thoughtful enough to leave it in front of my chair where she knew I'd see it first thing in the morning.  Thank God she didn't put it IN my chair!  Can you imagine me running around the house with a dead mouse stuck in the crack of my a$$!  🤪 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Well..435 pages later I would like to raise my hand and join. I have stalked this page since the beginning, so thank you all for you regular days. I am Leanna. I live in the middle of nowhere Kansas and cannot wait for a cruise. I had 3 cruises cancelled, one of which was a bucket list. Oh well! We have now rebooked for March 2022  and august 2022. 

@A&L_Ont we have the puke room for most cruises. Lol. 

my days are generally very boring. I get up. I get my daughter ready for school. I sit at my home office desk and have call after call. I then pick up my daughter and try to make dinner, work out, get her a bath and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. 

But! It was windy yesterday. I was going along to pick up my daughter and niece from school when I see a trash can on the side of the road. Wind was about 50mph...wind and fire warning ... I see the lid lift and think .... that trash can is blowing in the road. My dad always taught me to never swerve, so I just go in the left lane (it was empty) and boom. I could have had a deposit on a suite for 4 for my deductible. The funny thing? I paid it off this month. I mean, it depends how you look at it...  No loss of life. It’s plastic.

Hope you all are well. 

EA852517-50CC-47DA-A6BA-47FF97AF223F.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

No, my pictures fell out, like all my other reviews. But, if someone wants to Hop over and see those pictures,  they can. 

That photo is permanently engraved in my mind.  I don't think I stopped laughing the whole time I read that thread.  Andrew, was it yours?

I am very lucky. I am 40, but work in agriculture (HR). Our company managed to work with a local pharmacy to get a shipment of vaccine dedicated to our company. We are the largest employer in the town and we also had a huge outbreak in 2020 at the factory.

that said, I get my Pfizer vaccine (1st shot) tomorrow. My sister, who teaches human reproduction (sex Ed) gets hers from

the same pharmacy on Tuesday. She is 43. Mom and dad are already over two weeks past their 2nd dose. We have to convince my BIL to keep nagging the local Pharmacies. He is an essential worker; he delivers fuel.

I am considering signing my daughter (9) up for the trials, if and when they come to where we live. I want her vaccinated ASAP. I travel a lot to Europe for my job and she is Swiss American (this my username). Her dad could not come now for over a year to visit and right now, we would still have quarantine if we go to Switzerland. Suck. I am scheduled to travel again in June but she will

have to wait...

We have now scheduled a land vacation for end of May. This is all 8 of us: mom, dad, me, PJ, my sister, BIL, and two nieces.  We are driving down to Texas to the JW Mariott in San Antonio. Lots of pools and fun.. plus lots to do in the city! Andwide Open Spaces. We do wear our masks and are thinking we may be able to safely enjoy the outdoor dining! 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a cousin with blue eyes that was told the same thing. She was a nervous wreck over it. We have always been quite happy with our blue eyes. I did do a bit of teasing.😇

Wait, Italians have blue eyes?

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

How do u see someone's signature?😕

It’s the same like you have your name, the diamond picture and the Celebrity Elite. Search for member Saint Greg and you can see a link to his blog. On his blog he has a link to the bar hop thing.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

I am very lucky. I am 40, but work in agriculture (HR). Our company managed to work with a local pharmacy to get a shipment of vaccine dedicated to our company. We are the largest employer in the town and we also had a huge outbreak in 2020 at the factory.

that said, I get my Pfizer vaccine (1st shot) tomorrow. My sister, who teaches human reproduction (sex Ed) gets hers from

the same pharmacy on Tuesday. She is 43. Mom and dad are already over two weeks past their 2nd dose. We have to convince my BIL to keep nagging the local Pharmacies. He is an essential worker; he delivers fuel.

I am considering signing my daughter (9) up for the trials, if and when they come to where we live. I want her vaccinated ASAP. I travel a lot to Europe for my job and she is Swiss American (this my username). Her dad could not come now for over a year to visit and right now, we would still have quarantine if we go to Switzerland. Suck. I am scheduled to travel again in June but she will

have to wait...

We have now scheduled a land vacation for end of May. This is all 8 of us: mom, dad, me, PJ, my sister, BIL, and two nieces.  We are driving down to Texas to the JW Mariott in San Antonio. Lots of pools and fun.. plus lots to do in the city! Andwide Open Spaces. We do wear our masks and are thinking we may be able to safely enjoy the outdoor dining! 

Welcome to our happy Cruise Critic place.  Of course, when you're in San Antonio don't miss the Riverwalk & the Alamo. End of May, perfect weather.

My sister's twin 13-year old grandkids are in the vaccine trials.  After 1st shot, he was fatigued for 1 day, his sister was fine. Nobody knows if they got a placebo or the real deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm ready to get the convertible out of winter storage in garage and put roof down🤩

On 3/9/2021 at 7:18 PM, A&L_Ont said:

We have a good 4-6 weeks to go here before I will even consider it.  

So, I guess the one good thing about having an all weather convertible that's also my everyday  driving car is that it's ready to drop its top at the touch of a button.  Just need to wash the winter grime off to make it really shine.

The knock against it is that it's probably not nearly as much fun to drive as the cars that need to be stored for winter or the various 'Stang or SLK convertibles pictured here before. But once that top goes down,  all that is forgotten.  Lol

925014424_20210311_1545112.thumb.jpg.9d79a1b1b1543cea27ffbcb9ccf67d31.jpg460727775_20210311_1615402.thumb.jpg.670eff193150d7c390fc16c0510a0f91.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

I mean, it depends how you look at it...  No loss of life. It’s plastic.

Welcome, Leanna.

Sorry it had to be in those "circumstances", but, after all we've been through in the past year, your look at life is the right one 💐🌺

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, I guess the one good thing about having an all weather convertible that's also my everyday  driving car is that it's ready to drop its top at the touch of a button.  Just need to wash the winter grime off to make it really shine.

Always ready for summer weather. Love the exterior and interior colours.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wait, Italians have blue eyes?

Well thank you for asking. Blue eyes are very common in Italians,  especially from mid to northern Italy.  When I was obtaining my Italian citizenship I had to obtain all sorts of documents which enabled me to be able to trace the genetics back to my great grandparents, on both my mother and father's side, that created my blue eyes.  Now, just remember, I have never claimed to not being a little weird.😊

• Like 6

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The knock against it is that it's probably not nearly as much fun to drive as the cars that need to be stored for winter or the various 'Stang or SLK convertibles pictured here before. But once that top goes down,  all that is forgotten.  Lol

925014424_20210311_1545112.thumb.jpg.9d79a1b1b1543cea27ffbcb9ccf67d31.jpg460727775_20210311_1615402.thumb.jpg.670eff193150d7c390fc16c0510a0f91.jpg

I started driving in the 80s and bought my first used Chrysler 400 convertible around 1989.  Had to unzip the back vinyl window before putting top down.  That was annoying as sometimes I fought with zipper but like you said as soon as that roof is down you forget all of that.  I have had a convertible almost every year since then.  😎

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

Well..435 pages later I would like to raise my hand and join. I have stalked this page since the beginning, so thank you all for you regular days. I am Leanna. I live in the middle of nowhere Kansas and cannot wait for a cruise. I had 3 cruises cancelled, one of which was a bucket list. Oh well! We have now rebooked for March 2022  and august 2022. 

@A&L_Ont we have the puke room for most cruises. Lol. 

my days are generally very boring. I get up. I get my daughter ready for school. I sit at my home office desk and have call after call. I then pick up my daughter and try to make dinner, work out, get her a bath and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. 

But! It was windy yesterday. I was going along to pick up my daughter and niece from school when I see a trash can on the side of the road. Wind was about 50mph...wind and fire warning ... I see the lid lift and think .... that trash can is blowing in the road. My dad always taught me to never swerve, so I just go in the left lane (it was empty) and boom. I could have had a deposit on a suite for 4 for my deductible. The funny thing? I paid it off this month. I mean, it depends how you look at it...  No loss of life. It’s plastic.

Hope you all are well. 

EA852517-50CC-47DA-A6BA-47FF97AF223F.jpeg

Welcome onboard.  As said before to join this group you need to clean out your fridge or freezer...we are on our 2nd cleaning a year later...hehe

Ouch on the car, at least noone hurt, amazing what the impact with a trash can did to your car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1