Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Well, this will not be a routine day in lockdown.  We are getting packed for our 50 minute flight from FLL to Nassau. Our driver is picking us up at 1130 , and will be in plenty of time for our 340 takeoff. JetBlue says to arrive 3 hours before an international flight. Our arrival time to check-in for the ship is 530. WE booked a GTY and ended up in 6622,  nice location close to the aft elevators. Tonight we sleep on the ship.

Our last cruise was on Serenade , ending Feb 10, 2020. It was a B2B, 10 and 11 nights, so we did get 21 days in 2020.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Well, this will not be a routine day in lockdown.  We are getting packed for our 50 minute flight from FLL to Nassau. Our driver is picking us up at 1130 , and will be in plenty of time for our 340 takeoff. JetBlue says to arrive 3 hours before an international flight. Our arrival time to check-in for the ship is 530. WE booked a GTY and ended up in 6622,  nice location close to the aft elevators. Tonight we sleep on the ship.

Our last cruise was on Serenade , ending Feb 10, 2020. It was a B2B, 10 and 11 nights, so we did get 21 days in 2020.

Have a great cruise!  I'm jealous.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday week/ weekend.  My birthday is monday the 21st.  Usually first day of summer but that is thec10th this year.  I cannot believe I will be 55.  Uggghh!!!

Just a kid!!!! It's only a number (yeah - sure)!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sometimes I feel his presence still here on certain threads....in the shadows...the whispers...look closely & there may be a V4 out there.....incognito, of course. 🙂    Time will tell.

Shhhh, mums the word. lol

Good advice to keep suspicions to yourself😉

• Like 7

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Congratulations on Micheline's (such a lovely name) wonderful test results.

Micheline was supposed to be a boy and supposed to be named Michael, after her father's good friend.  They made a slight name change when she ended up being a girl.  We occasionally meet someone who knows someone with the same name, but it's rare.  We did find this place in Paris:image.thumb.png.873e71d0f63cce16432fec3543a17369.png

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I'm curious about this.  One of the largest makers of automotive glass says their windshields block 98% of UVA and 100% of UVB rays.  Your post says "from window" but I don't know if you meant the two front door windows or the windshield?  If you meant the windshield, I'm curious why you added the clear tint?

I do know that Laura's transition lenses don't operate in the car due to UV blockage. It's annoying

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Sometimes I feel his presence still here on certain threads....in the shadows...the whispers...look closely & there may be a V4 out there.....incognito, of course. 🙂    Time will tell.

Shhhh, mums the word. lol

Discussion is certainly missing Rory.

• Like 3

Well we don't have to water today.  LOL.  It is pouring and a little windy.  Not hurricane wind and rain though.  We lost power for a couple of minutes but it is back up now.  The good part is it will be in the 70s today.  The sad part is the Blueberry Festival is canceled and my husband was going to take a tractor to show.  He is going to be bored today but at least Red Power is coming up soon and he will go to that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Will there be a thread for you to take us along?

• Like 1

Dani Congratulations and enjoy the celebrations.

What great milestones.

Besides the words of wisdom for longevity of marriage............" I do and Yes Dear".

My brother informed my DH at our wedding  reception that it was one day done of his "life sentence".

Soon to be 30 years.

"............and they lived happily ever after.........."

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I make shrimp rolls every couple of months. Not as good as lobster, but almost. 

I make them at home as well!  Almost once a week for lunch. 😋

Used to make the shrimp sandwiches...but have switched to shrimp rolls ...or actually shrimp wraps using low carb soft tortilla shells.  Prefer them over the heavy bun.  I saute the shrimp with blacken seasoning and butter.  

Can't get the NE style hot dog buns in Florida...so wraps it is.  😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday week/ weekend.  My birthday is monday the 21st.  Usually first day of summer but that is thec10th this year.  I cannot believe I will be 55.  Uggghh!!!

Oh you are still just a baby.  😉  You still have 10 years to go for "traditional senior citizen" status.  😄

Happy Birthday in advance!  🙂  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I miss him. I was so blessed to be one of the few D+ folks that he found acceptable.😇

He asked me on at least 3 occasions how I was after my heart attack which I appreciated his concern.

As a doctor you would be on my list of people to talk to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Well we don't have to water today.  LOL.  It is pouring and a little windy.  Not hurricane wind and rain though.  We lost power for a couple of minutes but it is back up now.  The good part is it will be in the 70s today.  The sad part is the Blueberry Festival is canceled and my husband was going to take a tractor to show.  He is going to be bored today but at least Red Power is coming up soon and he will go to that.

Looks like Charlotte is trying to visit you. Hope you don't get much of that storm.   Stay safe!!  😮 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So two things Florida doesn't have... real hot dog buns and real lobsters.

Yup...not a fan at all of the "warm water tails"....the mushy kind with no claws from Florida and the Carib.  Yuck!  My sister loves them and actually dives for them during season from her other home in the Keys.  

And nope...have never seen the NE style rolls in Florida.  But we really do like the wraps anyway.

What I can't get up here....grits of any kind, and decent shrimp.   Sooo...Lobster and crab it is, and my suitcase was packed with grits from home.  😄 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

I make them at home as well!  Almost once a week for lunch. 😋

Used to make the shrimp sandwiches...but have switched to shrimp rolls ...or actually shrimp wraps using low carb soft tortilla shells.  Prefer them over the heavy bun.  I saute the shrimp with blacken seasoning and butter.  

Can't get the NE style hot dog buns in Florida...so wraps it is.  😉 

We have found the split top style buns in Publix - very close to the NE style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

What I can't get up here....grits of any kind, and decent shrimp.   Sooo...Lobster and crab it is, and my suitcase was packed with grits from home.  😄 

The grits part I understand but shrimp, seriously? What kind of shrimp are you looking for?

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Well, this will not be a routine day in lockdown.  .....Tonight we sleep on the ship.

Lucky you to manage to squeeze 3 weeks out of the ill fated 2020.

Enjoy your cruise and make the most of it. I'm sure all of us would like to sail vicariously with you 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

We have found the split top style buns in Publix - very close to the NE style.

Have seen those as well...and in fact they might work better than the NE style hot dog rolls I have been finding up here.  They seem to have gotten smaller than I remember from previous years...and fall apart when we stuff them.  Will try small sub rolls and slice the sides off next time.  Experiment time!  Fun to experiment when you have lots of time, and are far from a quick run to the grocery store.  😉 

In fact I bought salad mix to have with my left over chicken...straying away from Maine seafood for a bit.  But I forgot to buy salad dressing...so I am making my own today.  

Another experiment....Had leftover spaghetti and left over chili in the fridge...so last night we did "5 Way Chili".    Last time we had that was in Ohio during a flight layover.  Yumm!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Lucky you to manage to squeeze 3 weeks out of the ill fated 2020.

Enjoy your cruise and make the most of it. I'm sure all of us would like to sail vicariously with you 😁

I'll  keep in touch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1