Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, mo&fran said:

At 10 my driver is coming to bring me to Ft Lauderdale for 5 weeks of cruising on Freedom of the Seas. My first venture into solo cruising. I already had the email letting me know that I will not be allowed to visit the suite lounge. I guess there will be a lot of Pinn's this cruise. In the past, we rarely visited the lounges anyway, I figured that might change now. 

I just got off adventure last Saturday and they did the same thing, I might be wrong but it seems to me like they just decided no more pinns in the suite lounge. On harmony they let the top 30 in, now I was told 0 ...yes 0. We had 55 pinnacles onboard. I have all the counts written down. So pinns used the crown lounge and all diamonds were kicked out from 430 to 8 pm. How many is a lot idk, but seems to me now they are just always kicking out all pinnacles. I have the numbers of D+ etc too. I was on adventure. It's the new normal. I dont think any more the count matters, its how it is now. 

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We had a lovely church service this morning then sat looking out to sea with a light snack.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all are having a great day.

IMG_20240929_095713.jpg

IMG_20240929_114818.jpg

Wishing you and Pauline a pleasant evening, Graham!

• Thanks 1

DH took so many pics of beautiful Bologna, that I had trouble choosing just some of them.

PXL_20240923_105215196.thumb.jpg.51962feb475c81bf9ca5fa0eb4aeeabf.jpg

PXL_20240923_123116909.thumb.jpg.f04826d9a51ef848f21685483a0cc9b0.jpg

DSC_6966.thumb.JPG.5f2f1455d29812ae06b584d85bb26f31.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.5c23483e7f423f81ed32a8540c3fcf43.jpeg

PXL_20240923_170605225.thumb.jpg.767aade7b784aeca11c3bee0aa4e5498.jpg

PXL_20240923_122937896.thumb.jpg.8c107f7ec07e667bcaba4c9529ba8d31.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.42476b4023f1c2b50f2c1100152ba3b3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.463235bb97d6c105b7943fadbcaa7605.jpeg

and finishing with my favorite meal from this vacation -- gyro in Athens....

image.thumb.jpeg.fd68d973d8627bb1285d566c361d4153.jpeg

Musings....

Our first RC cruise since January 2018. Diamond after this one.

We cruised with Celebrity since then, we cruise mainly for itineraries and X offered better and varied ones.

So I got to visit the Diamond Club for the first time on Voyager OTS. Small room, deck 5, no windows. DH used it during the day, the only place to get some quiet time. The music was loud everywhere, but on the Royal Promenade it was just crazy when an orchestra was playing.

Being foodies, the biggest disappointment was the food - repetitive and very low quality.

The only meal we enjoyed was "thanks" to the "tardies"... Their toilet failed flushing several times and all they've been offered was a free "lobster meal" at the MDR. Cousin had the "chutzpah" to ask for a free meal for us too, so I've enjoyed the "surf and turf" filet mignon very much (and the lobster), and DH had 2 lobsters instead of the filet.

Hopefully, the food on Bella 2 will be much better. When the "tardies" asked me when is our next cruise, somehow I've forgot to mention Bella's cruise 😜

The most important thing for us is that it afforded a much needed respite from our "daily reality".

Of course, the moment we landed, we were thrown right back, with force.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

and finishing with my favorite meal from this vacation -- gyro in Athens....

image.thumb.jpeg.fd68d973d8627bb1285d566c361d4153.jpeg

That gyro looks amazing.  Not like what we get around here. 

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The most important thing for us is that it afforded a much needed respite from our "daily reality".

Of course, the moment we landed, we were thrown right back, with force.

I was glad you got a break from your daily nightmare.  It appears that things are escalating somewhat, and I fear for what may happen as the one year anniversary of October 7th approaches.  Hoping for a resolution, and wishing you better times ahead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That gyro looks amazing.  Not like what we get around here. 

I was glad you got a break from your daily nightmare.  It appears that things are escalating somewhat, and I fear for what may happen as the one year anniversary of October 7th approaches.  Hoping for a resolution, and wishing you better times ahead

+1 @dani negreanu.

So, I have a question for those of you who get the Deluxe Beverage Package from Royal Caribbean.  

I have been following some threads on the Princess boards, since our next cruise is on a Princess ship.  They have a Plus package (which we have on our cruise), that has a limit of 15 adult beverages a day (plus other benefits), and they have a Premier package which is unlimited.  They recently notified their passengers with the Premier package, that they would have to pay for their drinks until they were in international waters, for sailings from NY, CA, and TX.

The conjecture is that at least a couple of those states (NY and CA) have laws that do not permit all you can drink packages.  I would have to think that some legal action was threatened for them to come out with this policy.  

Has there been any talk of Royal doing this for sailings from those states?  I haven’t seen anyone mention it here.