Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

You are entitled to that impression based on your experience but just know that you  are a true exception.

You and a few others from Insignia's WC received refunds very promptly early on. I bet you represent less than 5% with that type of response on Oceania or any other cruise line that I am following.

Seabourn is just one example (and that table is now 5 days old - add 5 days to most of those numbers):

Just to be clear, I also got a promised 50% refund plus 25% FCC for modified February  Nautica cruise.

But, clearly, being at the front end of this mess was helpful.

FWIW....we were on ATW20 and did NOT get our thousand$ of refunds immediately.

Like others, our various refunds have come intermittently throughout the past 2 months but today we received the last big lump sum.  It was dated May 13 so our wait was 2 months from the announcement of cancellation.

We do not have stock in NCHL;  we are not travel agents.   We are patient.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cbb said:

Like others, our various refunds have come intermittently throughout the past 2 months but today we received the last big lump sum.  It was dated May 13 so our wait was 2 months from the announcement of cancellation.

I could be mistaken but all the refunds I have read about so far were from Insignia's WC.

Perhaps they were treated differently/cancelled earliest?

34 minutes ago, cbb said:

Would be nice if Oceania  was as patient when they want our money.  Will cancel us out right away.   Will not wait 2 extra months. 

Guys, I just think that we are sitting at our keyboards and are underestimating the sheer amount of money and numbers of customers that O (and other cruiselines) are facing trying to refund $. 

It is my understanding that destination services & overlands have people refunding $, OBC comes from another group, airlines and hotels from still another group. 

Yes, we are all impatient and want our $ back, but it's not like Oceania has hundreds of staff working on this. 

We don't even know how many workers have been furloughed from the Miami offices.......

Edited by cbb

33 minutes ago, cbb said:

Guys, I just think that we are sitting at our keyboards and are underestimating the sheer amount of money and numbers of customers that O (and other cruiselines) are facing trying to refund $. 

It is my understanding that destination services & overlands have people refunding $, OBC comes from another group, airlines and hotels from still another group. 

Yes, we are all impatient and want our $ back, but it's not like Oceania has hundreds of staff working on this. 

We don't even know how many workers have been furloughed from the Miami offices.......

I'll give you all that but I had cancelled two separate Viking River cruises (deposits only) and received BOTH refunds in 3 days. Just think how many reservations Viking has to deal with between their river & ocean ships.

With Seabourn I am at 85 days and waiting. How could it be that different?

Somewhere in the middle between these two extremes +/- a few days would be reasonable for me.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 4

On 5/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

"Gimme a break" (as we say in the US). You know exactly what I mean in terms of "value" as relates to premium/luxury cruise lines.

Have you been on an Oceania ship?

"Finest cuisine at sea" (just ask Bon Appetit, Saveur et al.)

Excellent crew and space ratios with stellar service.

Unusual itineraries with plenty of long cruises to choose from.

Heavenly cabin amenities (people can and do buy the mattresses from the manufacturer).

A well-traveled, professionally accomplished, adult passenger demographic.

And then there's what you don't get:

Nickel/diming 

Obnoxious photogs and art auctions

Thundering herds

etc.

O's "value" is that you get a relatively great price for an outstanding experience.

Flatbush, you are without a doubt the most reliably consistent 100% pro Oceania cheerleader on Cruise Critic. One has to wonder.....meanwhile....still no refund here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pster55 said:

Flatbush, you are without a doubt the most reliably consistent 100% pro Oceania cheerleader on Cruise Critic. One has to wonder.....meanwhile....still no refund here.

What can I say? I'm a left handed Sicilian Leo originally from Brooklyn. And I am cursed with good looks, great personality and skill as a raconteur (well, maybe just the raconteur part is accurate 👀). 

In any case, it all adds up to my being very PASSIONATE about people, places and things I find to be at "the top of their game." And when it comes to cruising, Oceania (literally and figuratively) floats my boat.

I trust that O will do the right thing for you. But, if it doesn't and you've got a legitimate dispute, I'd be on the phone to my TA, CC issuer, and (if all else fails), "my cousin Vinnie."

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I want his phone number 😀

Oddly enough - I actually have a cousin Vinnie who, though his business card says Funeral Director, pretty much fits the bill of the "cousin Vinnie" you may (or may not) want to know.

This chat reminds me that it's about time for millionth viewing of Goodfellas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What can I say? I'm a left handed Sicilian Leo originally from Brooklyn. And I am cursed with good looks, great personality and skill as a raconteur (well, maybe just the raconteur part is accurate 👀). 

In any case, it all adds up to my being very PASSIONATE about people, places and things I find to be at "the top of their game." And when it comes to cruising, Oceania (literally and figuratively) floats my boat.

I trust that O will do the right thing for you. But, if it doesn't and you've got a legitimate dispute, I'd be on the phone to my TA, CC issuer, and (if all else fails), "my cousin Vinnie."

I am not an Oceania cheerleader.  I booked my first Oceania cruise about 1 1/2 years out from the cruise date.  I cancelled it for none-Covid reasons around 26 February before the Covid problems really exploded so I should have been first in line to get my refund and I am still waiting.  As you suggested, I did contact my TA on this and to quote her response - "The told me TS and your customer can just wait w everyone else".  Seems to me that if they and the rest of the cruise lines are having so many problems getting refund out, they should be retaining office staff and not laying them off.  Oceania may give you a good cruising experience but I will probably never find out since I doubt if I will ever book on them again based on my one booking experience.

DON

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

I am not an Oceania cheerleader.  I booked my first Oceania cruise about 1 1/2 years out from the cruise date.  I cancelled it for none-Covid reasons around 26 February before the Covid problems really exploded so I should have been first in line to get my refund and I am still waiting.  As you suggested, I did contact my TA on this and to quote her response - "The told me TS and your customer can just wait w everyone else".  Seems to me that if they and the rest of the cruise lines are having so many problems getting refund out, they should be retaining office staff and not laying them off.  Oceania may give you a good cruising experience but I will probably never find out since I doubt if I will ever book on them again based on my one booking experience.

DON

Don, raise a dispute with your credit  card Company  , i did with my my cancelled  cruise and the money is back on my card can't  spend  it yet until finally resolved  on July 8TH, But  I feel better knowing  I am not in limbo. 

Definitely do the credit card dispute, works as described above.  If you have any paperwork from a TA and or Oceania regarding terms and conditions of a refund, have it PDF'd so you can send to the Dispute Resolutions dept of your card.

All the cruise lines can process your credit card deposit/payment ASAP when thousands of people are booking all around the world - humm, but they can't be efficient when reversing the process - give me a break.

My friends are fighting with Oceania for the past 2 months on an early March cancellation - seen nothing yet. They want a refund not a FCC, they are fed up with the declining Oceania experience. They are proceeding to the credit card dispute.

Move forward as a consumer, put yourself first.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Doubt It said:

My friends are fighting with Oceania for the past 2 months on an early March cancellation - seen nothing yet. They want a refund not a FCC, they are fed up with the declining Oceania experience. They are proceeding to the credit card dispute.

Move forward as a consumer, put yourself first.

I have the same problem, Oceania put me a 100% FCC where I wanted a refund for a cruise due to start 19APR2020.

I have opened a case withe their "OCI EU Customer Relations", they stick to their position, regardless of Chapter 11 of the European T&C's. Is there a possibility that some unsatisfied customers can group themselves for a common "class action" ?

We were on the Regatta April 4 cruise. It got cancelled on March 12 or so. Had first the excursions refunded , a week later had the rest of the refund... we are in USA
For us it was less than a month, but we were on the first group of cancelations right after China ports. The number of cancelled passengers grew exponentially afterwards. Not all personal works in ACCOUNTING , so not everyone can process the refunds. It’s not an easy press a button process. Funds will come from different areas, tours, transfers, taxes, ports fees, cruise fare, pre paid grants, it’s not just one big bucket of cash to pay everyone back , it’s from many smaller buckets or accounts. So patience is key....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, Francis06 said:

I have the same problem, Oceania put me a 100% FCC where I wanted a refund for a cruise due to start 19APR2020.

I have opened a case withe their "OCI EU Customer Relations", they stick to their position, regardless of Chapter 11 of the European T&C's. Is there a possibility that some unsatisfied customers can group themselves for a common "class action" ?

Whaow, last minute information : it seems that there is a fair chance of negotiating an improved FCC. If it is confirmed, I will be satisfied with this compromise and will let you know. A satisfied customer will bring several new customers, and vice versa a customer having lost the price of the flight and obliged to book again a new cruise not to lose a 100% FCC will spread his bad feedback and discourage other clients. As long as they are not going bankrupt, their long-term interest is to keep customers satisfied. For information, the town of Cannes (film festival) is ready to accept ships from 15th July onward, let's see what the other Mediterranean cities will decide.

Petoonya

You must be lucky!---or have Connections!----we cancelled a March 21 Cruise on March 10 when only a FCC was on Offer which we have 2 years to use-------but still wait for a $1000 Refund for Shore Cruises-----------just wish we had waited a few more days before cancelling.

24 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I got the second part of my refund today so all funds are back in my account. Cruise for Apr 14 was canceled March 12 and requested refund same day.

Glad to hear that you now have all of your refund.

Hopefully the remainder of our refund will arrive soon as well.

16 minutes ago, Dick Barton said:

Petoonya

You must be lucky!---or have Connections!----we cancelled a March 21 Cruise on March 10 when only a FCC was on Offer which we have 2 years to use-------but still wait for a $1000 Refund for Shore Cruises-----------just wish we had waited a few more days before cancelling.

I have a really good TA. Not that your's isn't. Mine is just really good to me.

11 minutes ago, bbqoug said:

Glad to hear that you now have all of your refund.

Hopefully the remainder of our refund will arrive soon as well.

It'll come. I was really losing patience there for a bit but some good people here said enough "there, there dear"s to make me relax. Have no doubt- you'll see it soon.

I’m only on week 5 of waiting for my May 1st cruise refund.  Judging from what I read here, I guess I need more patience.    Like others have said, it’s hard when Oceania expects us to pay ASAP, but takes forever to refund our money.  Yay for those of you who got yours back!

42 minutes ago, workstocruise said:

I’m only on week 5 of waiting for my May 1st cruise refund.  Judging from what I read here, I guess I need more patience.    Like others have said, it’s hard when Oceania expects us to pay ASAP, but takes forever to refund our money.  Yay for those of you who got yours back!

Betcha anything by the 4th of July you'll be saying "alright, alright, alright!"

22 hours ago, donaldsc said:

26 February

Was that 'just' a deposit? I canceled in mid-March, deposit only, and had the refund in four days. Canceled a second one a month later and still waiting. I agree: hire temps to help with this. Not rocket science indeed.