Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

On 5/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, TOLISTravellers said:

For us, it's the ATW 2020 deposit and then some additional payments toward it.  I just got the "received cancellation" and then nothing further except the 90 days statement at the time I canceled on March 14.  I am pretty sure what has been paid exceeds the CC charge back limits so that is upsetting in the extreme, and I won't call the CC company yet because if you ask about it they just start it (I know because this happened with AMEX once before when all I wanted to do was ask about the process).  I am so sorry now we booked the second it opened up for booking which was over a year ago.  Never again will I let someone hold onto money this long, even if I miss what I want to do it isn't worth the risk.   

Update--I received the refund for the deposit and the other payments this morning.  And the amount was correct.  So a little under the 90 days.  My TA wasn't notified either, it just showed up on the AMEX.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TOLISTravellers said:

Update--I received the refund for the deposit and the other payments this morning.  And the amount was correct.  So a little under the 90 days.  My TA wasn't notified either, it just showed up on the AMEX.

And, once again, we see how Oceania is fulfilling its promises.

I'm not so much defending O as I am reminding folks that these are truly extraordinary times.

Just now, Flatbush Flyer said:

I'm not so much defending O as I am reminding folks that these are truly extraordinary times.

I just hope they survive and the product is the "same".  I don't like 2022 ATW itinerary but if all OK, they will have my business for ATW 2023 if it's similar to 2021's itinerary.  I'd have re-booked 2021 if had stabilized by August, but with the way things are going, I think it is too close with too many changes to take the risk. 

I've had 21 Oceania cruises under my belt so far so I really am for the line and its services.

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You mean they pushed it up to the time limit to reduce cash outflow. 

23 minutes ago, TOLISTravellers said:

I just hope they survive and the product is the "same".  I don't like 2022 ATW itinerary but if all OK, they will have my business for ATW 2023 if it's similar to 2021's itinerary.  I'd have re-booked 2021 if had stabilized by August, but with the way things are going, I think it is too close with too many changes to take the risk. 

I've had 21 Oceania cruises under my belt so far so I really am for the line and its services.

With the understanding that life responsibilities exclude ATW for us, we have done multiple segments during each of several past ATWs (we're supposed to be on two right now). And, given our O itinerary history, future ATW announcements always find me checking off all the ports to which we've been (some multiple times) and then focusing on those segments with the most new destinations.

31 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

With the understanding that life responsibilities exclude ATW for us, we have done multiple segments during each of several past ATWs (we're supposed to be on two right now). And, given our O itinerary history, future ATW announcements always find me checking off all the ports to which we've been (some multiple times) and then focusing on those segments with the most new destinations.

We usually do the same, but the ATW was my Mom's advanced age celebration (she wanted to do it while still healthy since she is getting up there) so it was a one time kind of thing as 180 days was complicated to get coverage at our business.  Husband was going to join on segments for places he hasn't been yet, so he was home for most of the 6 months to take care of everything.  We had it organized though, which kind of makes it worse to lose all that time and energy on getting that time together.   Oh well, hopefully it's on in the future.

No invoice - only a confirmation from TA that both the booked cruise and deposits were cancelled and full refunds are pending (up to 90 days).

I was looking back at email and realized we had no confirmation of cancellation and wrote TA, asking if it indeed was in the queue. We had a response 2 days later saying yes, that it would take “at least 90 days” whereas previously it was “up to 90 days”. Received the invoice 2 days after that. The credit took about 3-4 days more to show up, about 60 days post cancellation. My husband received one credit whereas mine was broken into 3. No extra purchases. 🤷‍♀️. Maybe send a gentle query.

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Just got our refund this morning.  Was about 4 weeks.  All in all not too bad.  Thanks O . 

I wouldn't call 4 weeks "not too bad', I 'd rate it EXCELLENT!!

Good for you

Good News!  Along with two other couples, now I have received my refund from my April 29th, 2020 cruise that was cancelled by O on March 31st.  Got everything back except for around 1,200 which is supposed to be coming.  

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

..also exceptional.

Just looked at our notification and it said four to six weeks. Six weeks will be June 10. I'll rattle some cages the following day.

We had an FCC (future cruise certificate, to be clear) purchased onboard Apr 2019, emailed TA on Mar 28, 2020 to cancel and TA was able to cancel Apr 8 (delay due to our email hitting their spam).  Got partial refund yesterday May 28 (might be complete, would have to check 2019 credit card records -oops, sunny outside no time for that lol) - so basically 7 weeks.

I realize the amounts are tiny vs. some folks' outlay, but one more data point shouldn't hurt 🙂

We had an FCC instead of a cruise because we had 2 trips to France and a big wine conference in Canada for 2020 - nope, none of that happening either.  Ah, the best laid plans...suddenly find myself paying more active attention to our garden!

I’ll add our experience here now that it is complete.
In Aug 2019 we booked a 10-day Greek Isles cruise for Nov 2020 through our usual local travel agent (deposit in Cdn $).  
Cancelled this trip on Apr 6/20 & received a “Guest Cancellation Statement” same day from Oceania (forwarded by our TA).
Received the deposit back on to our Mastercard credit card yesterday, so 1 business day short of 8 weeks…satisfactory enough in these times.
Not sure what our plans might be for cruising on Oceania in future.  We’ve had 2 cruises with them...just finished a Feb-Mar S. Pacific cruise, & were back home 5 days before WHO declared COVID-19 as a pandemic.  I had requested a refund for unused port charges (3 missed ports for us), but just got the reply in the negative this week (as expected, but I wanted to make the request).
We are still holding a Celebrity booking, cruising around Japan for late March 2021, so the decision on that can be made as late as Dec 24.
We are hoping to do a Viking river cruise in the next 2-3 years (we took a FCC on a cancelled Rhine one which would have been next week).
We agree with the Canadian Govt’s position re no cruises being allowed in Canadian waters until at least Oct 31.  The actual limit is 100 people or less, but I’m not aware of any ships that size that cruise here.

49 minutes ago, bornfreenowexpensive said:

Mine came today also!!!

I'll add my good news.

Received 2 out of 3 deposit refunds pretty promptly. Refund requested 4/15 and received 5/29. One more deposit pending but the big bucks are for a paid cruise - no word on that yet.

O is certainly doing better than most other lines from my reading here on CC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

I'll add my good news.

Received 2 out of 3 deposit refunds pretty promptly. Refund requested 4/15 and received 5/29. One more deposit pending but the big bucks are for a paid cruise - no word on that yet.

I cancelled a Celebrity and a Oceania within a couple of days of each other. I've had the Celebrity refund for 4 weeks now. So I've waited twice as long on and still have nothing from Oceania. I guess whether they are doing better is in the experience of the beholder. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORV said:

I cancelled a Celebrity and a Oceania within a couple of days of each other. I've had the Celebrity refund for 4 weeks now. So I've waited twice as long on and still have nothing from Oceania. I guess whether they are doing better is in the experience of the beholder. 

I think I figured out at least part of the methodology!

To as many days as it actually takes to coordinate the various departments' actions on all purchases made for any particular cruise, O adds 3-5 business days delay for every "I'm still waiting for my refund" CC post that the affected passenger makes. 😳

1 hour ago, googler55 said:

The actual limit is 100 people or less, but I’m not aware of any ships that size that cruise here.

The only  one I know of is Blount

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

I'll add my good news.

Good news Paul  maybe the balance will come in soon

On 5/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, docmark said:

I wouldn't call 4 weeks "not too bad', I 'd rate it EXCELLENT!!

Good for you

I call it not too bad since when I book a cruise with them I have to give my deposit within 2 days or so.  When they give me my money back in 2 days I will call that  excellent.  All in all I am happy to get it back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I guess whether they are doing better is in the experience of the beholder. 

I can’t argue with that.

Were both your rebates for the same thing - both for deposit or a paid cruise?

I have a paid cruise with O that I suspect will take a lot longer than the deposits - deposits are “cleaner” with no taxes, port fees, loyalties, etc to consider and probably handled by a different dept.

2 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I have a paid cruise with O that I suspect will take a lot longer than the deposits - deposits are “cleaner” with no taxes, port fees, loyalties, etc to consider and probably handled by a different dept.

You may be right, Paul.  We cancelled our December cruise (prior to final payment) on May 4.  Received our refund today.  But we only had our deposit in play.

Katie