Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

I can’t argue with that.

Were both your rebates for the same thing - both for deposit or a paid cruise?

I have a paid cruise with O that I suspect will take a lot longer than the deposits - deposits are “cleaner” with no taxes, port fees, loyalties, etc to consider and probably handled by a different dept.

On the Celebrity cruise I had a non refundable deposit, $900, which I got a Future Cruise Credit for, minus $200 admin fee. To take advantage of an Amex offer I had paid an extra $500 towards the cruise. That is what I got back. The silver lining, if there is one, is that they refunded that to the card that I made the deposit with, RCCL card that earns points for OBC, no annual fee. Every couple of cruises we would earn $100 obc. So I had got $150 from Amex originally on their offer of spending at least $500 with Celebrity, so in essence I only lost $50 on the admin fee. If they had put it back on the Amex card I'm sure they would have taken the credit back. More info than you wanted I'm sure. 

The Oceania one I'm waiting on is a straight deposit for a cruise in March of 2021. With all the reports lately of people getting money back I'm hopeful that I'll get it back soon. I cancelled April 13th. 

Hello everyone.  We had booked a Transatlantic crossing on Riviera from Oct 28, 2020 to Nov 13, 2020.  Rome to Miami.  We paid a $1,500 deposit plus $224 for dinner (for 2) in La Reserve.  We cancelled our booking on April 10, before incurring any admin fees or penalties.  We received the total refund last night ($1,724) back to our payment credit card. So it took (only) 49 days from time of cancellation to receipt of refund.  Regards.

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The only  one I know of is Blount

Yes, had heard of them, but not familiar & not in this area.

I see their website mentions "no more than 84 guests", but do not say how many crew...although it lists 10 positions, I would think there might be more than one of 2 or 3 of those positions, so total could be very close to that 100 mark.  They list some June & July 2020 departures...interesting.  Not cheap either!

4 minutes ago, googler55 said:

I see their website mentions "no more than 84 guests", but do not say how many crew...although it lists 10 positions, I would think there might be more than one of 2 or 3 of those positions, so total could be very close to that 100 mark.  They list some June & July 2020 departures...interesting.  Not cheap either!

Aha...just found info on cruisecritic--mentions crew of 20, so they would have to reduce # of passengers.

Canceled my November cruise on 4/13/20. Was told it would take 90 days to get my deposit back. Just received the credit. It took about 6 weeks so I'm happy. If it looks like the November cruise will happen, I will book in late October. I'm no longer willing to let any cruise line hold a deposit. 

Edited by potterydog
typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Hello everyone.  We had booked a Transatlantic crossing on Riviera from Oct 28, 2020 to Nov 13, 2020.  Rome to Miami.  We paid a $1,500 deposit plus $224 for dinner (for 2) in La Reserve.  We cancelled our booking on April 10, before incurring any admin fees or penalties.  We received the total refund last night ($1,724) back to our payment credit card. So it took (only) 49 days from time of cancellation to receipt of refund.  Regards.

Same cruise - same deposit - same cancellation date - also received last night on our credit card. 

3 hours ago, googler55 said:

They may have 10 crew   but not much more

they do east coast & they did go up to Canada  not sure if they still do

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I'll add my good news.

Received 2 out of 3 deposit refunds pretty promptly. Refund requested 4/15 and received 5/29. One more deposit pending but the big bucks are for a paid cruise - no word on that yet.

O is certainly doing better than most other lines from my reading here on CC.

Very happy to see this news, Paul.  Hope your “big bucks” arrive soon! 

3 hours ago, googler55 said:

Aha...just found info on cruisecritic--mentions crew of 20, so they would have to reduce # of passengers.

Do not think they would sail full even in good times LOL

I cannot imagine 20 crew

the waitstaff double as housekeeping

I think the Government regulations go by the capacity of pax/crew  or the larger ships could just cut the numbers of Pax/crew

34 minutes ago, roger b said:

Hi Pauĺ,

Did you get the refund for our 13th May cruise ?.

No - nothing on that as yet. The refunds were for deposits for Marina Fall cruises (1 more to come).

The May refund will be a mess as it was on several credit cards (for miles purposes).

12 hours ago, oxypete said:

Same cruise - same deposit - same cancellation date - also received last night on our credit card. 

We too.  Same cruise and just about the same wait. 

15 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

Or the short answer would be "No".

I had actually read through all 19 pages and could only see speculation and that those around mid-March were possibly in a bit of a mess.  I guess that's me!  Thank you for your response, FF's was uncalled for but that seems to be their thing. 😕

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jean163 said:

I had actually read through all 19 pages and could only see speculation and that those around mid-March were possibly in a bit of a mess.  I guess that's me!  Thank you for your response, FF's was uncalled for but that seems to be their thing. 😕

Actually, what would be very clear from a review the entire thread's responses is that there is no "one size fits all" algorithm.

Each day, the demand for refunds and the curcumstances, as well as the personnel handling each department's piece of the puzzle, may change. And, as often been referred to in the thread, other factors including which CC company and w/wo a TA in the mix (and what country), add to making the question unanswerable.

• Like 1

I do agree that there is some randomness to the process. Of the 4 refunds (1 cruise + 3 deposits) the very first refund I received was for the very last cruise.

Maybe different people are handling things in their own batches - who knows?

As long as it will get here eventually. 🙂

3 hours ago, jean163 said:

We cancelled March 10 and still no refund of our deposit for a cruise August 15..  Does anyone know what order they're working on?

I canceled two 2021 cruises on March 18.  Received one deposit back in 4 days, still waiting on the other.  If there is a rhyme or reason to the order I certainly do not know what it is.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

I canceled two 2021 cruises on March 18.  Received one deposit back in 4 days, still waiting on the other.  If there is a rhyme or reason to the order I certainly do not know what it is.  

That does seem pretty extreme.

Have you inquired about the second deposit from your TA or O?

9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

That does seem pretty extreme.

Have you inquired about the second deposit from your TA or O?

I have inquired, but not lately.  I should.  

Edit -

Email to TA sent.  

Edited by KS&JW