Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

16 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I do agree that there is some randomness to the process. Of the 4 refunds (1 cruise + 3 deposits) the very first refund I received was for the very last cruise.

Maybe different people are handling things in their own batches - who knows?

As long as it will get here eventually. 🙂

Got my third and final deposit refund. Refund dated 5/28 but didn't post til today 6/2,

Now just the refund for the May cruise. 

Much better response than some other cruise lines (Seabourn, Crystal, Princess) - nice going O!.

Edited by Paulchili

Just an fyi. We cancelled a Dec/Jan cruise on Apr 6 and were told 60 to 90 days before money back. On Friday I received the initial deposit back on one credit card and last night the rest of payments made on another credit card. So although it took a while it was still less time than originally stated. Much better than Princess who still owes me money, keeps moving the goalposts and with no refund in sight yet.

Good luck to all! 

I received my deposit back for an October 2020 cruise I canceled April 12 back today.   Well,  it is pending on the CC but close enough. 

My TA is looking into the April 2021 cruise canceled on March 18th and still not refunded.

I still have an NCL cruise that NCL canceled in April that I am waiting on.  

We received our deposit back yesterday via our T/A for a cruise cancelled on 20 March. We were told at the time Oceania would be keeping NZ $800 as a credit for a future cruise which we were not particularly happy about but had to accept. I asked our T/A for a confirmation re this money as nothing on our acct. with Oceania. We received this yesterday too. Very draconian conditions, in my view, with the worst being that the credit cannot be used as a deposit. There is no future cruise the same as the one we had to cancel. The closest is shorter, $2000 pp dearer for same category and only the choice of one add on versus the three we had included for our August cruise. I know times are tough but this is not making me feel like booking a cruise with Oceania in the future. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Parapara said:

We received our deposit back yesterday via our T/A for a cruise cancelled on 20 March. We were told at the time Oceania would be keeping NZ $800 as a credit for a future cruise which we were not particularly happy about but had to accept. I asked our T/A for a confirmation re this money as nothing on our acct. with Oceania. We received this yesterday too. Very draconian conditions, in my view, with the worst being that the credit cannot be used as a deposit. There is no future cruise the same as the one we had to cancel. The closest is shorter, $2000 pp dearer for same category and only the choice of one add on versus the three we had included for our August cruise. I know times are tough but this is not making me feel like booking a cruise with Oceania in the future. 

Sure sounds like you may have been the one cancelling and doing so during the penalty phase for your cruise. 

If that's not the case, you have good reason to be upset (unless there's some other circumstance why the money was held back (e.g., if you had a book onboard SBC bonus already used for the cruise during which you  booked, which is normally recouped by O if you cancel the cruise.

If it is the case where YOU cancelled during the penalty phase (and O had not cancelled the cruise yet at that point), you may want to thank O for the courtesy of giving you a quasi-FCC in the form of SBC for a future cruise you may book.

So, complete/accurate details would help others in the same or similar situation.

• Like 1

I had canceled a November 2020 cruise prior to final payment on April 16th and just received the $1500 deposit back from Oceania on the cc as well as the payment made for excursions as a separate credit. Now I'm waiting for the travel agency's portion of monies to be credited back to my cc.  Took longer than I wanted but certainly less than 90 days.  I'm kind of annoyed at the travel agency since they have already charged for their portion of a new booking but have yet refunded the monies that they have.  Lesson learned here, maybe I should not have booked so many cruises so far in advance.  

7 minutes ago, SM77 said:

I had canceled a November 2020 cruise prior to final payment on April 16th and just received the $1500 deposit back from Oceania on the cc as well as the payment made for excursions as a separate credit. Now I'm waiting for the travel agency's portion of monies to be credited back to my cc.  Took longer than I wanted but certainly less than 90 days.  I'm kind of annoyed at the travel agency since they have already charged for their portion of a new booking but have yet refunded the monies that they have.  Lesson learned here, maybe I should not have booked so many cruises so far in advance.  

Wrong lesson. You may want to search for a TA who doesn't charge any fees.

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Wrong lesson. You may want to search for a TA who doesn't charge any fees.

The TA doesn't charge an additional fee; they get a cut of the cost of the cruise.  Part of the monies goes to the TA, part goes to the cruise line.

Also, what we are charged for the cruise is less than what Oceania would charge...

Edited by SM77
additional info

20 minutes ago, SM77 said:

The TA doesn't charge an additional fee; they get a cut of the cost of the cruise.  Part of the monies goes to the TA, part goes to the cruise line.

Also, what we are charged for the cruise is less than what Oceania would charge...

Where are you located (country)?

Our U.S. based  TA's commissions were included in our refunds from Oceania for two affected cruises regardless of whether the TAs had been paid. (In essence then, O and TA worked their deal adjustment amongst themselves). 

As for a lower "cabin" price through a TA, and with the understanding that in the USA that would only happen with a group booking discount, quiet sale (O and a rotation though its Connoisseurs Club member TAs), use of O incentive funds, etc., published TA prices are not supposed to be lower than what O publishes.

That said, of course a U.S. TA can share commissions in the form of refundable SBC or a $$$ rebate and other perks like coverage of gratuities.

Perhaps your TA's "lower price than O" was for one of the above mentioned adjustments -all of which are what folks should/do expect from a good TA.

Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Where are you located (country)?

Our U.S. based  TA's commissions were included in our refunds from Oceania for two affected cruises regardless of whether the TAs had been paid. (In essence then, O and TA worked their deal adjustment amongst themselves). 

As for a lower "cabin" price through a TA, and with the understanding that in the USA that would only happen with a group booking discount, quiet sale (O and a rotation though its Connoisseurs Club member TAs), use of O incentive funds, etc., published TA prices are not supposed to be lower than what O publishes.

That said, of course a U.S. TA can share commissions in the form of refundable SBC or a $$$ rebate and other perks like coverage of gratuities.

Perhaps your TA's "lower price than O" was for one of the above mentioned adjustments -all of which are what folks should/do expect from a good TA.

Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

Located in the US, our TA always gives us a $$$ rebate hence the actual price is less than the published Oceania price.  Part of the cruise costs is paid to the TA(I'm assuming that is their commission), the rest goes to cruise line.  It was unusual for this cruise that the TA portion was already paid before final payment to Oceania. 

Hi, it took about a month to get a refund of a cruise deposit  from Oceania. Not bad, compared to the time it gets Princess to refubd the second leg of a cruise from Buenos Aires  to FLL. I filed for a refund on March 25th and still no news. I sent an email to inquire last week, no answer.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:27 AM, Paulchili said:

Now just the refund for the May cruise. 

Much better response than some other cruise lines (Seabourn, Crystal, Princess) - nice going O!.

Today I received most of the Marina May cruise fare back.

It was made in 4 different payments (some on different cards for miles purposes) - the first payment was on a card that had to be cancelled due to fraud and that is the one that is missing.

I am sure it will go to the card that replaced it.

Very nice - thanks Oceania 🙂

Edited by Paulchili

4 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Today I received most of the Marina May cruise fare back.

My present status : Marina cruise 19-29th April suffered a major itinerary change (France instead of Italy). According to European T&C's, O should have let the customer decide between : 1) accepting the change + bonus FCC, 2) cancel & FCC with bonus, 3) refund. They only proposed 1) or FCC 100%. After a very long fight, first with the concierge, then a second concierge, then the legal department, we finally settled the dispute onto a 125% FCC. Now it seems difficult to book a new cruise at low price in November 2020, they rather propose cruises 2021 at a higher price. For your information, from today onwards, Ponant (French equivalent of Oceania) has rearranged the July cruises only on the French seashore, as it it now perfectly legal to cruise again in France in July. The cruises of August seems to be unchanged in Europe, as Spain, Italy, Greece, Croatia have reopened their frontiers. Sanitary conditions are on the Ponant.com website for those who can read French. They ask for a medical questionnaire and a nasal test to be performed 2 days before departure + temperature check when boarding. I personally think the pandemic is disappearing, at least in Europe. But a similar Covid 20 or Covid 21 could happen again !

19 minutes ago, rim2rimhiker said:

It has now been 100 days since I cancelled my cruise and still no deposit refund from Oceania.  Although within 7 days of my cancellation, they sold the cabin and collected another deposit.

When was the cruise supposed  to be??

7 minutes ago, rim2rimhiker said:

June 2021

well I guess  you could  go through your CC to get  a charge back

100 days  is plenty of time  to get the refund

JMO

48 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

well I guess  you could  go through your CC to get  a charge back

100 days  is plenty of time  to get the refund

JMO

The deposit was made a year ago, so pretty tough for the CC company to get a charge back on a 1 year old charge.

7 minutes ago, rim2rimhiker said:

The deposit was made a year ago, so pretty tough for the CC company to get a charge back on a 1 year old charge.

Depends on the CC company - I've had much better responses from Citi than Chase.

You have nothing to lose - why not ask them.

PS My claim with Citi was a just about 1 year old charge and had no problem.

Edited by Paulchili

2 hours ago, rim2rimhiker said:

It has now been 100 days since I cancelled my cruise and still no deposit refund from Oceania.  Although within 7 days of my cancellation, they sold the cabin and collected another deposit.

What does your TA say?  He/She should be going to bat for you with Oceania.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rim2rimhiker said:

Will it hurt to ask ??

Maybe ask your TA to put some pressure on Oceania  ..seems like  a long enough time to get your refund 

On 5/29/2020 at 11:03 AM, Glenndale said:

O cancelled our 30th March TA on 14th March, we requested a refund thru our agent on the 16th March.

I have chased this up thru our agent and O.

O responded on the 6th May with the following, we are still waiting 🙁

Good morning,

Thank you for your email and your continued patience in these unusual times.

I can see that your reservation has been updated and noted accordingly. The request for your refund is now with our accounts team who are working through these requests as fast as they can.

We are advising that refunds may take up to 90 days but we hope the funds will be with you before this time.

Hi Glenndale

Just thought I'd let you know that I decided to contact Oceania direct about my deposit refund.  They replied today to say that the deposit was sent to my TA on 13 May (3 weeks ago!).  The refund was processed by Oceania 7 weeks after my TA requested the refund on my behalf. Needless to say I've sent an email to my TA asking when they intend to send the money to me.