Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

40 minutes ago, Medeba said:

Hi Glenndale

Just thought I'd let you know that I decided to contact Oceania direct about my deposit refund.  They replied today to say that the deposit was sent to my TA on 13 May (3 weeks ago!).  The refund was processed by Oceania 7 weeks after my TA requested the refund on my behalf. Needless to say I've sent an email to my TA asking when they intend to send the money to me.

Hi Medeba,

I was browsing the O website on Tuesday looking at non fly cruises from UK and afterwards had a call from one of their cruise consultants and whilst chatting asked where was my refund. She said it was in the system (as per the email) and said I should get it in the next two weeks, which would bring me up to the 90 days.

As soon as I receive it I will post on this thread.

I think it’s outrageous that your TA would hold onto your money like that, no doubt once you’re ready to cruise again you’ll be looking for another agent!

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Will it hurt to ask ??

Maybe ask your TA to put some pressure on Oceania  ..seems like  a long enough time to get your refund 

Back in early April, the TA called Oceania and said it is taking up to 90 days.   At the end of April, Ocenia said my request is in week 9 and it can now take up to 12 weeks.  Now in week 15.

18 minutes ago, royallondon said:

That’s disappointing to hear Medeba.  I hope that your TA does the right thing and pass the refund to you soonest.  

Regards

And herein lies one of the sometimes forgotten things about this refund business. For many folks, it's not just Oceania in the mix. 

So, I again urge everyone to provide complete details of your situation. Even then, the numerous variables still make a general rule or guideline for when to be concerned is virtually impossible.

My TA called yesterday morning and told me she had followed up on my refund as it has been a while.(unprompted) She asked them to expedite it and said the refund has now happened and I should see it as soon as my CC processes it. I have 100% confidence in what she tells me. As of yet my Chase card has not shown it. I keep checking a couple of times a day. Perhaps tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Hi Medeba,

I was browsing the O website on Tuesday looking at non fly cruises from UK and afterwards had a call from one of their cruise consultants and whilst chatting asked where was my refund. She said it was in the system (as per the email) and said I should get it in the next two weeks, which would bring me up to the 90 days.

As soon as I receive it I will post on this thread.

I think it’s outrageous that your TA would hold onto your money like that, no doubt once you’re ready to cruise again you’ll be looking for another agent!

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

That’s disappointing to hear Medeba.  I hope that your TA does the right thing and pass the refund to you soonest.  

Regards

What I forgot to say was that I got an automated email from my TA saying that it could take 14 days to get a reply!  If I don't hear anything in a couple of days, I think a phone call will be in order.  And yes, Glenndale, after many years of my business and recommending them to friends, I think I may well be looking for another agent (if we ever decide to cruise again).

9 hours ago, Medeba said:

What I forgot to say was that I got an automated email from my TA saying that it could take 14 days to get a reply!  If I don't hear anything in a couple of days, I think a phone call will be in order.  And yes, Glenndale, after many years of my business and recommending them to friends, I think I may well be looking for another agent (if we ever decide to cruise again).

May I suggest that you open a dispute with your credit card company , it worked for me money back in 3 weeks .

2 minutes ago, roger b said:

May I suggest that you open a dispute with your credit card company , it worked for me money back in 3 weeks .

Yes, we have thought of that but want to give them one last chance to redeem themselves.

1 minute ago, Medeba said:

Yes, we have thought of that but want to give them one last chance to redeem themselves.

It will cost you nothing to open a dispute and aleast you will have peace of mind that you will get your money back ,no point in waiting no love lost with O.

16 hours ago, rim2rimhiker said:

Back in early April, the TA called Oceania and said it is taking up to 90 days.   At the end of April, Ocenia said my request is in week 9 and it can now take up to 12 weeks.  Now in week 15.

After 101 days, the refund showed up today!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roger b said:

It will cost you nothing to open a dispute and aleast you will have peace of mind that you will get your money back ,no point in waiting no love lost with O.

O refunded the money to her TA three weeks ago.  The TA has been holding the money. 

5 hours ago, roger b said:

I think her gripe is with her TA

Oceania paid  up  according to her post #500

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I think her gripe is with her TA

Oceania paid  up  according to her post #500

Yes but in the U.K you pay the T.A and i opened my dispute against the T.A There is no case for them not to pay !!

36 minutes ago, roger b said:

Yes but in the U.K you pay the T.A and i opened my dispute against the T.A There is no case for them not to pay !!

I guess I misunderstood your comment  on O

Hi

Our 1st April cruise was cancelled on 14th March, the same day we requested a cash refund as opposed to FCC. 83 days later we still haven't received this.

Has anyone in the UK received a refund yet after cancelling same date or later than ours?

I have emailed Oceania several times and they keep saying "it is moving through the process", whatever that means.

Really disappointed with Oceania. 

2 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Hi

Our 1st April cruise was cancelled on 14th March, the same day we requested a cash refund as opposed to FCC. 83 days later we still haven't received this.

Just curious 

Did you use a TA or book direct with Oceania ??

14 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

We used a TA.

And now, the really important question: who charged your CC? Does it say Oceania or the TA (which is often seen in the U.K. but, almost never (hopefully) in the US).

From numerous foreign posts here on CC, its clear that some folks' problem is with the TA and not Oceania.

Yes, received credit on credit card today.  Had to call O to find out what it was for.  Turns out it was for taxes/fees for our March 10, 2020 cruise which was cancelled on March 3 for which we received our FCC in April.   Taxes and fees are paid either by check or returned as credit if card used to pay.  Nice surprise to get 289.00 credit.

13 hours ago, LoveChops said:

We used a TA.

Look at your credit card bill ,in the U.K most T.A take the final payment  120 days in advance 30 days longer than O asks for ,so my guess  is the T.A took your payment.

Just open a dispute againt them !

On 6/5/2020 at 8:41 AM, roger b said:

We have decided to take your advice and have initiated a charge dispute with our credit card company today.  Thank you.

On 6/4/2020 at 4:21 PM, ORV said:

My TA called yesterday morning and told me she had followed up on my refund as it has been a while.(unprompted) She asked them to expedite it and said the refund has now happened and I should see it as soon as my CC processes it. I have 100% confidence in what she tells me. As of yet my Chase card has not shown it. I keep checking a couple of times a day. Perhaps tomorrow. 

Refund showed up on my CC acct this morning. I cancelled Apr 3rd, deposit only for a cruise in March of 2021. So about 55 days total. I'm curious how long it would have taken without my TA inquiry? 

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Refund showed up on my CC acct this morning. I cancelled Apr 3rd, deposit only for a cruise in March of 2021. So about 55 days total. I'm curious how long it would have taken without my TA inquiry? 

My first refund of a deposit came in at 43 days w/o TA inquiry. The other 2 followed in a couple of days.

OTOH, we got our refund for the full cruise but my SIL traveling with us has not yet - not sure what the answer is.