Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

On 6/27/2020 at 7:22 PM, LHT28 said:

I just  had a look at P & O forum    YIKES  if they think Oceania is bad good thing  they did not book their local line

P & O is part of the Carnival Corporation & is a British-American cruise operator based in Miami, Florida. It is not local to anyone in the UK if that was your point. They also own the Princess Line.

13 minutes ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

P & O is part of the Carnival Corporation & is a British-American cruise operator based in Miami, Florida. It is not local to anyone in the UK if that was your point. They also own the Princess Line.

Sorry

I guess my point  was  P & O  are not  refunding  any faster  than Oceania

They  are usually British based  cruises

They do not usually sail from the USA  do they?

Carnival Corp own several lines  but usually independently run

On 6/28/2020 at 1:29 AM, HOLIDAYREADER said:

I can only speak for our situation which is the opposite to the one you describe; the refund arrived at the TA last Monday over 100 days after Oceania cancelled the cruise, so the TA has had the money 6 days. They were supposed to be actioning payments on Friday which could take 3 days to hit our bank accounts. They have been slow and unhelpful and they may be delaying things OR it may just be too difficult to allocate all the payments in less than a week with minimum staff; either way we will find out on Monday. Oceania, on the other hand, didn't send us any details of the cruise being cancelled, didn't authorise our payment for over 100 days and then told us they had paid the TA when they hadn't sent them the money. From our own roll call, all the people from the States were posting that they were being paid in April and May and in fact most are not posting at all now because they've been paid. The only people posting are from the UK, Europe and Australia who are still waiting.

Still waiting here in Australia... +1 Holidayreader….

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Are you in the UK  by chance?

What is  an EFT?      Cash?

NCLH  owns Oceania  the transaction was done in 2014   so not sure what your point is ?

All cruise lines were taking out loans  during the the pandemic

The concern was that NCL maybe forced to file for bankruptcy, however it since has raised $2.2 billion.
I’m from Western Australia.

Electronic Funds Transfer directly from bank account to bank account.

Edited by Squidlips
Spelling

18 minutes ago, Squidlips said:

Electronic Funds Transfer directly from bank account to bank account.

That's too bad - it's like paying cash and have nobody to fight for you.

You obviously had enough funds to pay in cash - should have used a CC and then re-paid the entire amount to the CC without any interest.

The CC would fight for you to recover your money.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

That's too bad - it's like paying cash and have nobody to fight for you.

You obviously had enough funds to pay in cash - should have used a CC and then re-paid the entire amount to the CC without any interest.

The CC would fight for you to recover your money.

That sounds like a good idea in future, even thou I’ll be charged a 2.9% surcharge fee, by the merchant to use my American Express Card.  I suppose  I can look at this fee as being insurance.

7 minutes ago, Squidlips said:

That sounds like a good idea in future, even thou I’ll be charged a 2.9% surcharge fee, by the merchant to use my American Express Card.  I suppose  I can look at this fee as being insurance.

Does Oceania  charge you to use a CC in Australia?

On 6/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, HOLIDAYREADER said:

I can only speak for our situation which is the opposite to the one you describe; the refund arrived at the TA last Monday over 100 days after Oceania cancelled the cruise, so the TA has had the money 6 days. They were supposed to be actioning payments on Friday which could take 3 days to hit our bank accounts. They have been slow and unhelpful and they may be delaying things OR it may just be too difficult to allocate all the payments in less than a week with minimum staff; either way we will find out on Monday. Oceania, on the other hand, didn't send us any details of the cruise being cancelled, didn't authorise our payment for over 100 days and then told us they had paid the TA when they hadn't sent them the money. From our own roll call, all the people from the States were posting that they were being paid in April and May and in fact most are not posting at all now because they've been paid. The only people posting are from the UK, Europe and Australia who are still waiting.

I am with this same travel agent and had instituted a CC dispute with them about 6 weeks ago I now find that they have disputed the amount for the cancelled cruise of May 13th and  Amex  have a debit on my account ??

4 hours ago, roger b said:

I am with this same travel agent and had instituted a CC dispute with them about 6 weeks ago I now find that they have disputed the amount for the cancelled cruise of May 13th and  Amex  have a debit on my account ??

Oh no!  How can the TA dispute the amount when there is a record of what you've paid on your CC?

1 minute ago, Medeba said:

Oh no!  How can the TA dispute the amount when there is a record of what you've paid on your CC?

Well I thought that it was closed Oceania did not dispute the refund this is the deposit £1200, This one of the biggest T.A and it seems from posts on C.C that most people have been refunded for this cruise

10 minutes ago, roger b said:

Well I thought that it was closed Oceania did not dispute the refund this is the deposit £1200, This one of the biggest T.A and it seems from posts on C.C that most people have been refunded for this cruise

Not sure what you mean.  Is the TA holding onto the deposit because of their T&Cs (ie you lose the deposit of you cancel)?  I almost had this problem but was fortunate that my TA did refund the deposit.

1 minute ago, Medeba said:

Not sure what you mean.  Is the TA holding onto the deposit because of their T&Cs (ie you lose the deposit of you cancel)?  I almost had this problem but was fortunate that my TA did refund the deposit.

No Supposed to receive the full amount according to cancellation invoice Some from O and the balance from T.A

• Thanks 1

I refer to the issue regarding the TA mentioned in post 685 holding refunds.

I’ve been chasing them with regard to an April Azamara cruise cancelled in March.

With no joy, I rang Azamara direct 15 mins ago.  The monies were wired to said TA in two payments on the 18 May & 1 June!

Must go, I have a phone call to make.........

Regards

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, piscean said:

Hello HolidayReader

I hope you have received your monies from our Chorley TA?

I have now been waiting over 100 days....today I was informed that they( Regent) have paid my TA.

next problem is getting the TA to pay. They are saying they are still waiting for suppliers of flights, hotels and transfers.

My application for a credit card cash back was made 2 months ago...only just being addressed!

Hi

We have had some news to update in that we have been contacted by our Chorley TA to check financial details with a view to payment! Needless to say, we haven't received payment yet but it is promised for this week. I have not posted until we have some news because I have been upset by the unsympathetic attitude of some on this thread who presumably have been paid but think it's a good idea to lecture to other people who haven't about the error of their ways. Sharing the information we have been given, when Oceania say they've 'refunded' it just means that the paperwork has been passed to another department who approve it and then it is passed for payment. Hence, in our case the 2 week delay between Oceania saying they've paid and the monies being received. The travel agent apologised for the service which had not been as professional as they would like but because staff have been furloughed and are also working from home they have, apparently, one lady in the accounts department trying single handedly to pay the thousands of people who are owed money! This sounded genuine. I know when cruise firms pay the TA they just give them the money and a list and it is up to them to work out who is owed what. This may be the case with Regent, who we haven't used again since they cancelled our flights mid-cruise and rebooked them both in the same name consequently leaving my husband without a flight home from New Zealand, but that's another story! Hoping that all of us who are waiting DO get paid and can put this nightmare behind us.🤞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

Hi

We have had some news to update in that we have been contacted by our Chorley TA to check financial details with a view to payment! Needless to say, we haven't received payment yet but it is promised for this week. I have not posted until we have some news because I have been upset by the unsympathetic attitude of some on this thread who presumably have been paid but think it's a good idea to lecture to other people who haven't about the error of their ways. Sharing the information we have been given, when Oceania say they've 'refunded' it just means that the paperwork has been passed to another department who approve it and then it is passed for payment. Hence, in our case the 2 week delay between Oceania saying they've paid and the monies being received. The travel agent apologised for the service which had not been as professional as they would like but because staff have been furloughed and are also working from home they have, apparently, one lady in the accounts department trying single handedly to pay the thousands of people who are owed money! This sounded genuine. I know when cruise firms pay the TA they just give them the money and a list and it is up to them to work out who is owed what. This may be the case with Regent, who we haven't used again since they cancelled our flights mid-cruise and rebooked them both in the same name consequently leaving my husband without a flight home from New Zealand, but that's another story! Hoping that all of us who are waiting DO get paid and can put this nightmare behind us.🤞

Hello

I fully understand about the lack of sympathy. Over the years I try only to post carefully...
did you get an Abta credit note valid until 31st July that if monies were not paid then our TA would pay! I think they are dragging it out ...I refused the credit note.

Following confirmation from the MD of Regent UK on Friday that the monies had been paid I notified our TA ...no response but on checking our bank account today I find a very small sum has been credited. No notification...
As one of the largest TA’s why would they furlough their staff?
I do hope we all get our monies soon but I don’t have a lot of faith....

8 minutes ago, piscean said:

Hello

I fully understand about the lack of sympathy. Over the years I try only to post carefully...
did you get an Abta credit note valid until 31st July that if monies were not paid then our TA would pay! I think they are dragging it out ...I refused the credit note.

Following confirmation from the MD of Regent UK on Friday that the monies had been paid I notified our TA ...no response but on checking our bank account today I find a very small sum has been credited. No notification...
As one of the largest TA’s why would they furlough their staff?
I do hope we all get our monies soon but I don’t have a lot of faith....

16-20 sales consultants working making new sales and just 1 person dealing with 6 months of cancelled cruises?  What an embarrassing situation. 

Regards

2 hours ago, royallondon said:

I refer to the issue regarding the TA mentioned in post 685 holding refunds.

I’ve been chasing them with regard to an April Azamara cruise cancelled in March.

With no joy, I rang Azamara direct 15 mins ago.  The monies were wired to said TA in two payments on the 18 May & 1 June!

Must go, I have a phone call to make.........

Regards

Further to the return of my refund was just assured by the agent that the £1200 was sent on the 28th June and might take 10 days to reach my account, Can't understand why it would take so long as my to reach my account .

I have full sympathy for all those that are still waiting for their refunds as I am waiting for them from Seabourn and Crystal.

That said, as I see it most if not all complaints come from UK an Oz. N Americans receive their refunds directly to the CC they used. The system in UK is very different and I think the problem there is with your TAs and not Oceania. I really cannot see why they would refund the money to Americans (often under 60 days) and not Brits.'

JMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

Hi

As an update to my previous post of today, we have now been fully refunded for our cruise and the money is safely in our account! For those who are still waiting, please don't give up hope! As far as we are concerned, although the communication from the customer service department of our TA has been poor, our cruise concierge was as helpful as she could be. It was 109 days after our cruise was cancelled before we were refunded; 101 days before Oceania refunded the TA and 8 days (6 working days) before the TA repaid us. So who do we blame for the delay- Oceania! For those who can't find any reason why people in the States are repaid first, a suggestion that probably the majority of their clients are American so they are protecting their market. Understandable of course, but not when they've had your money for 9+ months as an interest free loan and they are using it to pay back people on cruises that go after yours.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HOLIDAYREADER said:

As an update to my previous post of today, we have now been fully refunded for our cruise and the money is safely in our account! For those who are still waiting, please don't give up hope! As far as we are concerned, although the communication from the customer service department of our TA has been poor, our cruise concierge was as helpful as she could be. It was 109 days after our cruise was cancelled before we were refunded; 101 days before Oceania refunded the TA and 8 days (6 working days) before the TA repaid us. So who do we blame for the delay- Oceania! For those who can't find any reason why people in the States are repaid first, a suggestion that probably the majority of their clients are American so they are protecting their market. Understandable of course, but not when they've had your money for 9+ months as an interest free loan and they are using it to pay back people on cruises that go after yours.

Glad you got your money but I am not buying your story of preference to US clients.

I still think the UK agents are playing a game and blaming Oceania.

JMO.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

So I don't know what to say, but we had an OS booked on Oceania for December 2020 and I cancelled a few weeks ago and I got my refund within two weeks.  I guess it all depends.

Deposit, or full fare after final payment refund? That seems to make a difference.