Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

53 minutes ago, jshape said:

We were booked on an Oceania cruise leaving Lisbon in September and ending in Southampton. We canceled on Feb. 29 and got 100% of our deposit back. 

I am guessing it was well before the final payment date???

Those  refunds seem to come fairly quickly

We cancelled a May cruise on Sirena on 9 March when some of the ports changed from Italy to Greece/Turkey 

TA said they offered a FCC but we asked for a refund under Package Holiday terms in UK (cruise only booked) on 26 March TA confirmed we would get a refund but it could take up to 90 days. We will wait and see. 

I had a cruise booked for Oct 26 from Montreal to Miami.  I booked through Vacations To Go and initial deposit was $1500.  Balance was due soon, so called VTG and said I was cancelling.  Initially the TA said $1000 refund, and $500 voucher, then she called us back and said Oceania said to refund all $1500.  I thought when I booked this last year that VTG told me it was completely refundable until balance due, but I did not have that in writing.  It said it could take up to 60 days to show up on my CC.

1 hour ago, bornfreenowexpensive said:

Initially the TA said $1000 refund, and $500 voucher, then she called us back and said Oceania said to refund all $1500.  I thought when I booked this last year that XXX  told me it was completely refundable until balance due, but I did not have that in writing.  It said it could take up to 60 days to show up on my CC.

Do you not have an invoice  from the TA?

It should have the cancellation terms  on the invoice

You cancelled prior to 181 days  for a 15 day cruise  the deposit is fully refundable

The agent  was wrong on the first call

Cruises 15 days or more except 180-Day Voyages: 

DAYS PRIOR TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT 
151-180 Days Prior - $250 per guest administrative fee+
121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare 
91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare 
61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare 
0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

On 4/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, jo-b said:

We cancelled a May cruise on Sirena on 9 March when some of the ports changed from Italy to Greece/Turkey 

TA said they offered a FCC but we asked for a refund under Package Holiday terms in UK (cruise only booked) on 26 March TA confirmed we would get a refund but it could take up to 90 days. We will wait and see. 

We cancelled a December cruise on 26 March.  Our TA said we should receive the deposit refund within 6 to 8 weeks.

3 minutes ago, bigedwin said:

Had April 4 Oceania Regatta Cruise.
Requested refund for 2 rooms.
Both rooms were refunded and all cash in bank early this last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s great.

When did you actually cancel and request the refund?

That’s great.
When did you actually cancel and request the refund?

Oceania Cancelled the Cruise on March 12.
The same day the cruise was cancelled by them they emailed offering FCC at 125% of value or 100% full refund.

8 minutes ago, bigedwin said:

Oceania Cancelled the Cruise on March 12.
The same day the cruise was cancelled by them they emailed offering FCC at 125% of value or 100% full refund.

So it took about 4 weeks - that's good.

I think the earlier cancellation were processed a little faster as the volume was not as large as it is now (and maybe they still had more people working?)

Well, we were booked on riviera on 20th and contacted TA immediately the cancellation of the cruise was notified on 13th March.  Neither we nor or TA have had any contact from O. So why are bookings for sailings subsequent to ours being refunded? 

Hi

Cruise was cancelled by Oceania and they sent email to TA on March 12.

Oceania gave until March 20th for refund request unless you wanted a Future Cruise credit. 

TA called Oceania and placed request for refund that same day March 12.

We did not want a FCC because we would have had to use the FCC in 1 transaction and the cruise was 28 days so we did not feel like limiting ourselves to options longer than 28 days in order to redeem the Future Cruise voucher. Plus the FCC can only be used by the person who booked originally only so if we wanted to split the credit for 2-3 shorter trips it would have been imposible. 

So I’m gathering they processed all FCCs first then they processed cash refunds based on request date not sail date.

1 hour ago, bigedwin said:

Hi

Cruise was cancelled by Oceania and they sent email to TA on March 12.

Oceania gave until March 20th for refund request unless you wanted a Future Cruise credit. 

TA called Oceania and placed request for refund that same day March 12.

With all the cancellations  they are saying up to 90 days for a refund

I believe I posted this in another thread, but I was booked on Regatta for the March 15th sailing.  O cancelled on March 12th (we were en route to Tahiti).  They said it would take up to 90 days for credit back to CC, but I received everything in full in one credit to my CC by March 31st.  I was quite pleased considering the total upheaval within the industry.  

And, as for me, I want to be the first one back on one of O's ships ASAP!!  The sooner, the cleaner, lol!

Our April 1 cruise was cancelled on March 13th and we requested a refund on March 15th.

We received 2 separate refunds to our CC account on April 3, but it was about $725 less than what we are owed.

Today I asked my TA to contact Oceania. They acknowledged that I am still owed money and said they are in the process of refunding.

My TA asked that we be patient, but it just seems strange that some are receiving their full amount owed while we are getting ours in pieces.

12 minutes ago, bbqoug said:

....My TA asked that we be patient, but it just seems strange that some are receiving their full amount owed while we are getting ours in pieces.

Are you reading all the posts in the several threads about Oceania refunds??? 

Depending on what you have spent (e.g., deposit, final pay, tours, other optional purchases) and how many credit cards and/or FCCs you've used), you may receive multiple refunds spread out over days to weeks.

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Are you reading all the posts in the several threads about Oceania refunds??? 

Depending on what you have spent (e.g., deposit, final pay, tours, other optional purchases) and how many credit cards and/or FCCs you've used), you may receive multiple refunds spread out over days to weeks.

Yes I have been reading the threads.

I just posted this to chronicle my refund experience to this point. It may be helpful to someone going through the refund process themselves.

37 minutes ago, bbqoug said:

Yes I have been reading the threads.

I just posted this to chronicle my refund experience to this point. It may be helpful to someone going through the refund process themselves.

Thanks for your good intentions. However, saying that the relatively normal experience (of multiple refund amounts) is "strange"' will surely cast doubt for folks just starting to deal with their own cancellations.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Thanks for your good intentions. However, saying that the relatively normal experience (of multiple refund amounts) is "strange"' will surely cast doubt for folks just starting to deal with their own cancellations.

I still find it strange that some people are getting their refunds in one lump sum while others are getting theirs in bits & pieces.

I only used one credit card, no optional purchases, no tours involved, and almost everyone getting a refund in one lump sum likely paid an initial deposit.

Like I said, I am just stating my refund experience to this point in a thread about refunds. I see nothing wrong with that and will continue doing so.

We also received our refund in partial payments but still owed $1140. Cruise would have been today April 14. Cruise cancelled on March 12 by O, and I requested refund March 13. Nice to receive almost all of the $ anyway but would love to know how they arrived at the amount they did. Have the question posed to my TA who is among the hardest working (for no income), most gracious people I know.