Oceania Refunds - Has anyone actually received any cash yet?

Pster55

10 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Your CC is your protection in case of bankruptcy and possibly also in case of FCC vs refund (if Oceania cancels).

Paul.....does my CC protect me even if I used it over a year ago?

31 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Yes, I'm fully aware of the policy of returning 100% of the fare if they cancel or a 125% FCC. Had that happen last spring. My concern was more should the policy change and a deposit be refunded in the form of an FCC.

If I remember correctly, cruiselines operating in the United States (regardless of their "flag of convenience"), are subject to a variety of requirements of the US Federal Maritime Commission, including specific provisions regarding their ability to provide monetary refunds for cruises they cancel.

i doubt that Oceania will ever change the dollar refund provision though they may add the newer FCC allowance as an optional choice for passengers.

5 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

i doubt that Oceania will ever change the dollar refund provision though they may add the newer FCC allowance as an optional choice for passengers.

Thanks. I hope you're right.

Royal London,

very good news that your CC has come through.

As I have previously stated we will probably be in the same position. We are going to give them time to refund but will use section 75 the moment the 90 days are up.

Makes me think we will have to book direct with Oceania or the one TA which ‘WHICH’ 

( a uk British consumer magazine) has come out top for cruise refunds.

strange really how the budget airline Jet2 have refunded incredibly quickly and acted honestly and yet the Luxury TA is busy ruining its reputation.

Our holiday plan at the moment is to wait until the last moment before booking anything. Might not get the cabins we like but we will be better able to judge the risks involved. 

• Like 2

I must say our TA who is a franchisee has behaved impeccably, we have had 3 cruises refunded one from O only through her persistence. Also for our Celebrity Cruise which was curtailed in February she booked our air fare through their business travel division and managed to get us refunds when Cathay were not normally giving them. 

All the refunds bar that one came direct to the CC we had paid with, only on the Celebrity refund did it go to the TA as we had paid in 3 separate payments the TA  in order to keep within a credit limit on the credit card we got points on. In that case they told us the day they received a transfer from Celeb and that it would take about a week to sort it out as there was no schedule with it and it was for a large number of cruises  not just ours. 

As for the future we are beginning to think that even next year looks problematic for cruising, I read a report recently that it may take up to 88 days for a cruise ship to be reprovisioned and ready for service after a "warm ' lay up in normal circumstances. And even when they do start it is not going to be the experience we remember. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jo-b said:

.....she booked our air fare through their business travel division and managed to get us refunds when Cathay were not normally giving them. ....

Perhaps another difference from the U.S. where the federal Department of Transportation requires ANY air carrier using a U.S. airport to offer a full airfare refund if the airline cancels the flight.

Today we received our deposit and final payment credited back to our CCs.

This is not from our TA but as a result of us initiating a section 75 on June 18th.

We now need to apply to our CC company to move this money to our bank.

We requested the refund on 16th March after our cruise was cancelled on the 14th March and due to sail on March 31st.

With regards to deposits in the UK we can cancel with return of deposit if we cancel 31 days or more before our final payment date. These are specific to Oceania's T&Cs in the UK.

However, the TA that you book with may have different T&Cs which may mean that they can keep your deposit.

This is unusual in the UK because usually if you cancel a cruise, even one or two days after the initial booking your deposit is forfeit.

We have booked a British Isles cruise for May 21 direct with Oceania.

Additionally, my O agent told me that I can cancel for any reason upto 48hours before sailing and monies paid will be transferred to another cruise.

Our TA is NOT based in Chorley.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glenndale said:

This is not from our TA but as a result of us initiating a section 75 on June 18th.

We requested the refund on 16th March after our cruise was cancelled on the 14th March and due to sail on March 31st.

With regards to deposits in the UK we can cancel with return of deposit if we cancel 31 days or more before our final payment date. These are specific to Oceania's T&Cs in the UK.

However, the TA that you book with may have different T&Cs which may mean that they can keep your deposit.

This is unusual in the UK because usually if you cancel a cruise, even one or two days after the initial booking your deposit is forfeit.

Additionally, my O agent told me that I can cancel for any reason upto 48hours before sailing and monies paid will be transferred to another cruise.

Good news  Glenndale.  My  Section 75 claim came good yesterday and will look to book direct with “O” when the time is right.

Regards

3 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Is there any benefit to booking with a TA  there ??

In N.A.  you can get perks from the TA   is there any incentives  in the UK?

Just curious

Glad you got your refunds ..sort of

18 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Is there any benefit to booking with a TA  there ??

In N.A.  you can get perks from the TA   is there any incentives  in the UK?

Just curious

Glad you got your refunds ..sort of

Yes there are often incentives, e.g. hotels pre-cruise, extra obc, occasionally pre-paid gratuities, lower prices.

I have been with my TA for over 10 years but it seems they have dropped the ball on this occasion, (as have the cruise lines) not really surprising to be fair, as the scale of this virus has been unprecedented.

I really didn't want to have to take the section 75 route, but even my patience was exhausted.

4 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Is your TA in Redditch 

34 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Yes there are often incentives, e.g. hotels pre-cruise, extra obc, occasionally pre-paid gratuities, lower prices.

I have been with my TA for over 10 years but it seems they have dropped the ball on this occasion, (as have the cruise lines) not really surprising to be fair, as the scale of this virus has been unprecedented.

I really didn't want to have to take the section 75 route, but even my patience was exhausted.

Then it is worth it  to use  a TA  there  then

To be fair  to expect the rule of refunds in 14 days under normal times   is unrealistic  in a pandemic

JMO

Stay well

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

To be fair  to expect the rule of refunds in 14 days under normal times   is unrealistic  in a pandemic

JMO

Stay well

how about 13 weeks and still no refund, 

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

JMO

Stay well

How about 103 days and no refund.?

5 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Good news!! 

3 minutes ago, jo-b said:

Good news!! 

Yes, but it’s all very sad really, so many jobs at stake.

There didn’t seem to be any logical order in the way that Cruise Lines and agents were going about making the refunds, that was the biggest problem.

No unsolicited communication from either the TA or the cruise line, only getting information after having to ‘poke’ them.

I hope ‘lessons have been learnt’. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glenndale said:

Yes, but it’s all very sad really, so many jobs at stake.

There didn’t seem to be any logical order in the way that Cruise Lines and agents were going about making the refunds, that was the biggest problem.

No unsolicited communication from either the TA or the cruise line, only getting information after having to ‘poke’ them.

I hope ‘lessons have been learnt’. 

So do I but I doubt it, seemingly of the UK budget airlines Jet2 handled this best by closing their call centre, emailing passengers saying don't call us we will call you and then contacting passengers in date order of the flights and offering refund or credit note and the refunds went onto the CC next day. Counterintuitive, but they coped better by not having a mass of people ringing them. 

Glad you got it sorted and Good Luck for next May you are more adventurous than us we are doing nothing at the minute but wait and see! 

Keep safe 

39 minutes ago, royallondon said:

How about 103 days and no refund.?

I am confused

So Oceania gave the refund to your TA  correct?

The TA is refusing or stalling to pay you ? correct?

It was an Azamara cruise (I was able to push back the Oceania cruise), cancelled by them on the 14 March.  Monies paid in two instalments from “A” the last being on the 1 June.  Despite emails & calls into TA no monies refunded hence the need to instigate a S 75 CC claim last week.

I was more then willing to wait the 30 days, then 45, then 60 etc as communicated by both the cruise line and TA in appreciation of the unprecedented circumstances but as the weeks ticked by so did my interest in retrieving my monies.

Regards

46 minutes ago, jo-b said:

So do I but I doubt it, seemingly of the UK budget airlines Jet2 handled this best by closing their call centre, emailing passengers saying don't call us we will call you and then contacting passengers in date order of the flights and offering refund or credit note and the refunds went onto the CC next day. Counterintuitive, but they coped better by not having a mass of people ringing them. 

Glad you got it sorted and Good Luck for next May you are more adventurous than us we are doing nothing at the minute but wait and see! 

Keep safe 

Only the British Isles so not that adventurous 😀

Looking forward to seeing Sirena after the update, enjoyed seeing the photos you posted, they’ve whetted my appetite.

6 hours ago, Glenndale said:

I hope it doesn't take as long for you to get the cash from your cc company as it did for us.  It took nearly 4 weeks from initiation of the request to receiving a check for the cruise refund from one company (They said it was too large to make a direct transfer to our checking account and needed several levels of approval).  And it took over 4 weeks to get a direct deposit for the airline refunds  from another company.  Interesting that in the case of the airlines, we got the refunds from the airlines to our cc in 3 days for two different airlines and two different trips.

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, royallondon said:

It was an Azamara cruise (I was able to push back the Oceania cruise), cancelled by them on the 14 March.  Monies paid in two instalments from “A” the last being on the 1 June.  Despite emails & calls into TA no monies refunded hence the need to instigate a S 75 CC claim last week.

Regards

Thanks for clarifying

So basically nothing to do with Oceania   unless the next cruise with them is cancelled