Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

20 minutes ago, bissel said:

Excellent memory, fizzy! That (and one other that I won’t) bring up) was one of the best ever! 

Suspect that all the controversial topics have one person in common. I haven’t followed CC closely until recently but there certainly seems to be a pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

TC - Are you saying that a number of the negative posters have never travelled on Regent, or have not done so in a while? This type of information should be disclosed to the forum so that we can determine underlying motives in their posts. Sounds consistent with other expectations here....yes?

Yes - that is exactly what I'm saying!

Bissel - Agree - that is his story to tell, however, IMO, knowing whether or not a person has ever sailed on Regent (that many posters do disclose) and those that have not sailed in a heck of a long time which, in and of itself is not an issue, disclosure is helpful to all of us in terms of how we respond to posts (how was that for a run-on sentence?) My favorite posts to respond to are to people that have not sailed on Regent.  They are eager to learn as much as possible.  Unfortunately, some of these "newbies" are put off by the personal attacks.

fizzy - of course I remember the Ebola thread.  There was one case of Ebola in a country where Regent was planning on making a stop.  The thread became very contentious.  Before Regent decided to cancel the port, there were more cases in the U.S. than the port they were discussing.  While I prefer to look forwards rather than backwards (hopefully many of us have learned a lot since that time), it is pertinent in a way since we are now going through a pandemic that affects ports that Regent ships are allowed, or chooses to stop at.  

bissel - IMO, what you are discussing was not because of the topic being discussed but the personal attacks. 

My constant message (for years and years) has been to debate, discuss or argue the topic without making it personal.  

Pcardad - that is a long way of answering your question.:classic_ninja:

But TC, you always took it “personal”. Whatever the topic you frequently said others were being unkind or rude. It gets real predictable. That’s my takeaway from all these years of reading CC. You always keep the conversation going though, I must say.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bissel said:

But TC, you always took it “personal”. Whatever the topic you frequently said others were being unkind or rude. It gets real predictable. That’s my takeaway from all these years of reading CC. You always keep the conversation going though, I must say.

Please reread post #205 (especially the last sentence).   This was not only personal but untrue.  If you really follow my posts, they are polite back and forth discussions ....... until a personal comment comes up.  There is no need to even mention a poster by name if you discuss/debate/argue the topic.  

Actually, I do not like to keep threads going for so long.  I had hoped (and asked) that this thread end as it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.  So, if anyone wants the last word go for it.  I will not respond (unless it is about me).

Edited by Travelcat2

I'm trying to remember what I used to do to fill my time other than reading these posts.

I started this thread 230 posts ago with a very simple idea.  Who has received a full cash/credit card refund on a cruise cancelled by Regent (not including those which were underway) starting (as I recall) on or about March 13.  When did you apply?  When did you receive your refund?

To date, not a single post meets this criteria. 

And this thread has been hijacked (not uncommon on CC) more times than I will recount to topics which do not bear on the length of time Regent is taking to refund these cruises.  Personally, today is day 45 for our May cruise cancellation in the second tranche.  I fully expect, for reasons that have been discussed earlier in this thread, that we will see the refund about day 80.  On day 90, we will file a complaint with our credit card company...but I think this is what is driving to 90 day policy, so probably will be avoided.

If Regent had said up front that there will be a Regent-imposed 90 day delay before refunds are processed, at least it would match reality.

We  have over 200 nights on Regent and love their product (with 2 upcoming cruises still on the books), but they are failing us big time right now.  An please don't bring up the backlog canard...if that's the problem, why are the first folks who requested refunds still waiting?

BTW, I like the spreadsheet...thanks SusieQft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TC. Post #128 belies your above statement that you asked for this thread to be shut down. In order to restrict this thread to its original title SusieQ kindly began the spreadsheet format. And thanks be to her for doing so!

Obviously Portalon raised an issue that a lot of people wanted to have hard information about. Particularly those who had $$ in the game. Irrelevant comments weren’t cutting it. Now that we have the spreadsheet I guess anyone can say anything they want here. Doesn’t matter at all.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bissel said:

TC. Post #128 belies your above statement that you asked for this thread to be shut down. In order to restrict this thread to its original title SusieQ kindly began the spreadsheet format. And thanks be to her for doing so!

Obviously Portalon raised an issue that a lot of people wanted to have hard information about. Particularly those who had $$ in the game. Irrelevant comments weren’t cutting it. Now that we have the spreadsheet I guess anyone can say anything they want here. Doesn’t matter at all.  

Guess that you could not resist posting about me again (lol).  I responded to that previously (and referred to it again in post #230 - three posts ago)  - unfortunately you must have missed it.  IMHO, it does matter what we post.  There are guidelines that we must follow in order to remain CC members.  

Trying again - no further response from me (unless it is about me).

Edited by Travelcat2

2 hours ago, bissel said:

I agree!
Comments on this thread should only be from “ those who had $$ in the game”. 
I wish those who do not have any money involved with Regent at this time, should start another thread about whatever they want to ask or discuss. 

Sheila 

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Canceled our b/b Oct cruise two weeks ago, one week before final payment. Received credit for deposit yesterday. 
Some people just have good luck and others not so much. Now, just hope our b/b in Jan will still float.

22 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I'm wondering if they're pushing out smaller refunds first.  Mine is bigger than any full payment I've ever made for a cruise before (and it's just a deposit.)

It’s certainly looking that way. Susie commented that on the refund thread it appears it’s the deposit refunds that are being processed first. 
Let’s hope they start to play a bit of catch up with the full payment refunds soon. Jean.

• Like 2

This is the first time since our Splendor cruise was cancelled (14 March from San Diego to Miami) that I have been able to bring myself to read threads on CC - that's how bad it hurt.

I heard this morning from a fellow passenger from Australia that he had received a refund of the cruise fare but nothing so far for his out-of-pocket return flight costs.    I have not yet received anything...

Edited by Hambagahle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

This is the first time since our Splendor cruise was cancelled (14 March from San Diego to Miami) that I have been able to bring myself to read threads on CC - that's how bad it hurt.

I heard this morning from a fellow passenger from Australia that he had received a refund of the cruise fare but nothing so far for his out-of-pocket return flight costs.    I have not yet received anything...

I’ve been thinking about you and your husband. You had a really distressing and emotional time with your travels and the last minute cancellation of your cruise.

I can imagine it’s very hard to post here . 
Regent has really fell down here with refunds for cancelled cruises paid if full, while they are concentrating on future deposit refunds only. Makes me wonder ??

Like you we have no refund for our Splendour April 16th cruise, but I do hope that they begin the process via date order in which cruises were due to sail and cancelled.
Best wishes to you and hope you have refunds for all expenses soon, Jean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Hambagahle, I have missed you and your sensible, informative comments.  I was very sad to hear that Regent had you travel all the way from Switzerland to San Diego, only to cancel the cruise at the last minute and tell you to go back home.  You should have been at the top of the list to receive refunds, including your transportation cost.

37 minutes ago, liptastic said:

Regent has really fell down here with refunds for cancelled cruises paid if full, while they are concentrating on future deposit refunds only. Makes me wonder ??

This is just a subjective impression, right?  My albeit subjective impression is that they are processing small refunds before big ones.  MIght be totally wrong, both of us.

• Like 1

They are processing smaller amounts and delaying the larger ones if the responses on the spread sheet are representative, which I suspect are.

liptastic, you seem to be a very kind and helpful person, judging from your many responses.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bissel said:

They are processing smaller amounts and delaying the larger ones if the responses on the spread sheet are representative, which I suspect are.

liptastic, you seem to be a very kind and helpful person, judging from your many responses.

Oh Bissel thank you for your kind words,  Jean.

11 minutes ago, bissel said:

Not sure totally true. If you look on spreadsheet for refunds of taxes and excursions which would be considered smaller, most (including me) are still waiting 2 months later.  

55 minutes ago, bissel said:

That’s odd, isn’t it? I wonder why this is so. I did not notice this because I am more focused on the fully paid up ones.

We were fully paid but cancelled before they finally canceled it so did fcc and return of taxes and excursions.  It was our best alternative at the time. 

We haven’t seen the cash yet, bur Regent did just refund approx. $69K to us on May 12 for a lengthy cruise we cancelled on April 3 (that’s 39 days processing time, if my arithmetic is correct). The money was partial payment for a Grand Voyage on Explorer leaving Barcelona in November.

The money is now shown as credits on the credit cards we used to make the payments originally. Regent refunded 100% of what we paid, with the exception of a $200 cancellation penalty, which we’ve been told will be a FCC voucher.

The challenge now is getting through to the correct customer service people at the credit cards and ask them to either send us a check or wire transfer the money to our bank. We’re considering using this pot of money for a 2022 World Cruise. Hopefully, politics and the coronavirus will have dissipated by then.

Jim & Ginny

1 hour ago, fogchase said:

The money is now shown as credits on the credit cards we used to make the payments originally. Regent refunded 100% of what we paid, with the exception of a $200 cancellation penalty, which we’ve been told will be a FCC voucher.

I would count that as you having the money.  At least it is in your possession instead of Regent's.  I am not trying to minimize the issues getting it back from the credit card company, but Regent has fulfilled its obligation.

2 hours ago, fogchase said:

We haven’t seen the cash yet, bur Regent did just refund approx. $69K to us on May 12 for a lengthy cruise we cancelled on April 3 (that’s 39 days processing time, if my arithmetic is correct). The money was partial payment for a Grand Voyage on Explorer leaving Barcelona in November.

The challenge now is getting through to the correct customer service people at the credit cards and ask them to either send us a check or wire transfer the money to our bank. We’re considering using this pot of money for a 2022 World Cruise. Hopefully, politics and the coronavirus will have dissipated by then.

Jim & Ginny

It’s really easy to get your funds. Just phone your credit card and keep pressing buttons. You will get to an agent and request your funds to  be mailed to you. We have done this recently, and promptly received our money. 
sheila

• Like 2