Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

37 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Mine showed up within 48 hours after I found out about the refund.  All is well.

I'm happy for you Wendy.  It must be a huge relief to have those funds back on your account.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes indeed.  It will be interesting to see how we end up using the money.  If we can't travel, maybe renovations.

Yes! A few years ago, we decided "no more cars and no more house renovations; we will cruise the world". Last week, a beautiful tent and colorful planters went up in the back yard; a fire pit is on order - and we haven't even got our refunds back yet.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Yes! A few years ago, we decided "no more cars and no more house renovations; we will cruise the world". Last week, a beautiful tent and colorful planters went up in the back yard; a fire pit is on order - and we haven't even got our refunds back yet.

I'm breaking out and going to the cottage next Monday, for a whole week.  I'll probably try to get the screen tent up for the summer, since it's mosquito high season!  Enjoy your back yard!

8 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

I'm still thinking at least one more new car and maybe a kitchen reno...but both modest enough to still cruise.  🙂

Still putting off any reno's or cars... because we are still hoping against hope that a world cruise my be in our future.

On the other hand, we were home enough this year to actually put in annual plantings, which hasn't happened the last few years - we were gone too much.

15 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Still putting off any reno's or cars... because we are still hoping against hope that a world cruise my be in our future.

I know, I feel the same.  That door has probably closed for us, but sure would like to cruise again, or travel in some form.

Since I started this thread, and even though it has diverged wildly from its stated intent (fortunately SusieQft's thread hasn't been similarly affected), I'll make my final post:

Today (June 13) we received the last of 5 separate credit card refund postings (culinary kitchen classes, excursions, deposit, cruise fare minus port fees and taxes, and port fees and taxes) which totaled the full refund amount for our Regent-cancelled 4 May cruise.  Refund request confirmed on 31 March with final refund credited today.  74 days.

Just as an FYI for those still waiting: Regent is refunding the port fees and taxes separately from your cruise fare even though you (at least in the US) never received anything that broke those charges out from the cruise fare listed on your guest statement.  The amount will vary--ours came to about 13%--and it will possibly/likely not show up at the same time as the other bits and pieces (ours arrive a day after the rest).

Happy to finally get the refund since it barely posted before Regent charges the deposit for a new cruise we added this week.

• Thanks 3

And many thanks to you Portolan, for getting this off the ground! Indeed this has been very important information for many others too and SusieQ has been terrific for creating the easy to read spreadsheet. Kudos 😇

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 8:00 AM, Anchorbuoy said:

Reason for refund:  Cruise cancelled by Regent/world events (Explorer, 3/24)

Type of refund requested:  125% FCC, but refund of port fees/taxes

Dated requested:  March 16

Date that refund received:  crickets

Refund received to my credit card (finally) June 15.

Refund processed by Regent on June 12.

• 2 weeks later...

My question is kind of still on topic.  I'm curious (and a bit nosy).

I see people saying that refunds were made to more than one credit card.  I have always just used my Amex, is there some benefit to spreading the charges around?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, bissel said:

The 2% cash back was good enough for me. I buy ( or would in the future) insurance through Steve at the insurance store.

Are there benefits or perks offered that are better than 2% cash back? 

Absolutely

My cruise Lima to Miami on 25 April with 3 day pre tour was cancelled by me on 31 March following Regent’s cancellation.  It’s now 91 days and still waiting for refund! My TA reassured me Regent had not refunded them when I called on Friday. Can’t say I’m impressed with their treatment of regular customers. 

• Thanks 1