Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

My refunds showed up on American Express today.  Four deposits, four final payments.  Exactly the amount I had sent.

We would have departed Seward on 6/24.

• Thanks 1

I was just reading some of the older posts;  our port fees and taxes weren't broken out; I got eight solid credits, four deposits and four final payments, exactly in the order I had paid them.

And I am curious; if nobody wants to answer me, I won't get my feelings hurt.  But do cruisers in the UK make payments to their travel agents, instead of the travel agent simply giving Regent your credit card number?  My invoice is from Regent, and my refund was from Regent;  in fact, I knew about the refund before my travel agent did, I let her know.  I am always interested in how people live.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pam said:

I was just reading some of the older posts;  our port fees and taxes weren't broken out; I got eight solid credits, four deposits and four final payments, exactly in the order I had paid them.

And I am curious; if nobody wants to answer me, I won't get my feelings hurt.  But do cruisers in the UK make payments to their travel agents, instead of the travel agent simply giving Regent your credit card number?  My invoice is from Regent, and my refund was from Regent;  in fact, I knew about the refund before my travel agent did, I let her know.  I am always interested in how people live.

Hello Pam
I am still waiting my refund ....over 100 days.

To answer your question reference TA’s in the UK...

My preferred TA would pay Regent direct and refund direct to my card. They offer a straightforward package from Regent (flights, transfers etc)

On this occasion I was offered a price they couldn’t match (substantial difference) with a TA that takes Regents cruise and adds on flights, transfers, hotels etc. My contract is with them .

I pay them and they should pay me. UK law is that they should refund in 14 days.

I am advised that they have my monies (I had confirmation from Graham Sadler that it was wired to the TA last week) but it will be 2 weeks before I receive it.

I have raised a cc chargeback but that has taken 9 weeks for someone to contact me.

If I hadn’t chased my TA at every stage it would have been much longer!

Due to Covid-19 the route of our cruise from Sydney to Singapore departing Sydney March 1, 2020  had to be changed.  REGENT offered a 50% refund if one accepted the changed route. After all we read in the press and heard from other Cruisers, we did not believe to get any refund. But finally, after about 100 days we received the full 50% back from REGENT via our travel agency. Thank you REGENT!

• 2 weeks later...