Regent Refund Experience (please limit to received refunds)

Portolan

We have NOT made final payment.

Not going to make final payment.

Our deposit is in the penalty dates so the deposit can be used as FCC if we cancel prior to May 29th. Instead of the deposit being used towards a cruise we wish we could just get it refunded to our credit card.

In order to get the deposit back I would need to make final payment and pray Regent cancels the cruise. 

There is a FAR greater chance Regent will cancel a July cruise vs. going under. The only thing you know for sure is that you are losing money if you cancel...everything else is an educated guess and the odds favor cancellation.

Best of luck!

Pcardad:  As long as I cancel in writing to my TA prior to May 29 my deposit can be used as a FCC towards one of the two cruises that I have booked in 2021.

We booked this cruise in 2018.

We have it in writing in 2 emails from our TA regarding this. Using the deposit in the future isn’t losing money.

I understand the argument for a cash refund or FCC's. Both have merit depending on your circumstances.

As the old saying goes, "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush". I'll take my money and the flexibility it gives me to cruise when I want and with whom I want. I am not in the camp where I will only cruise with Regent. There are 3-4 cruise lines that I will sail with so the itinerary is what is most important to me. I am not that concerned about Regent going bankrupt but given these crazy times, it is not impossible that we will see some cruise lines go belly up or change dramatically.

• Like 1

I am also waiting for my refund. However, I am quite calm.
If we had been on the cruise, the money would have been spent. Since we didn’t have the cruise, I will be getting my money returned. Either way, it is not money I expected to have, while planning the cruise. Before March 1st, we had spent the money and were looking forward to our cruise. 

I hope Regent remains solvent and I can take my next cruises in November and February. Certainly, if I took the FCC or get our refund, I will apply it to our next cruises on Regent. It wasn’t  their fault they couldn’t provide us with the cruise. 
We have lost much more money in recent days than the amount of this cruise. Every dollar is important to us. But, we are not ranting about it, just hoping Regent makes it through this crisis. 
We have lost a family member and have several friends very ill with COVID -19.  I will continue to be patient regarding our money. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Current turn-time on FCC is about 4-5 business days.

Remember, the taxes/paid shore excursions will be refunded and not credited as FCC.

And, IMHO, this yet another reason why refunds and FCC's take longer to calculate!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

And, IMHO, this yet another reason why refunds and FCC's take longer to calculate!

Not really, the one cruise we took FCC, it took 4 days to credit the cruise we'd put a deposit on, and about 6 days for the excursions /port taxes to be applied to our credit card.  I think that was pretty fast.  

5 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Not really, the one cruise we took FCC, it took 4 days to credit the cruise we'd put a deposit on, and about 6 days for the excursions /port taxes to be applied to our credit card.  I think that was pretty fast.  

That is very fast.  Was that during the current pandemic? 

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Funny how they can do that, and not process larger refunds.

I know, we're still waiting for the one we asked for a full refund.  That one was a week before and we are still waiting..........

2 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Well, I’ve been waiting more than a month for taxes and excursions money to be refunded. 

42 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

50-55 days currently I heard.

Does that consider that some requests may have been submitted by a TA after Regent's deadline (I believe it was in mid-April) or for paperwork that was submitted incorrectly and had to be clarified?  

P.S.  I seem to remember that someone's TA did submit after Regent's deadline.  Do you know if they are honoring these TA mistakes?  Thanks much!

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I'm sorry - I don't know. All that is is data from a person I know who is sharing what they are seeing in the system.

That's okay - I was just trying to figure out why some refunds are taking longer than others.  Are they seeing a lot of cancellations this week (hope not).

Edited by Travelcat2

You know that I started this thread to get actual data about how long it takes to get a full refund for a cruise Regent shut down after they stopped no sailings (not those already underway or cancelled on the date of sailing).

To date, not a single report of somebody who requested a full refund after the cruise was cancelled.  Lots of reports of people who have requested a refund (but there are lots of us...so not new data), people who received refunds of port costs and excursions when they requested FCC credit, or people who opted to cancel cruises for which they had only placed deposits.  All of those are relatively small amounts unlike a full cruise refund.  I also see people stating timeframes shorter than the 90 days Regent tells you at cancellation, but again with no actual reports of refunds received within those anecdotal shorter time frames.  Our cruise was in the second group of cruises cancelled and it's been just over 30 days.  Those in the first group should be nearing 50-60 days...and still no reports.

The excuse often cited is how long it takes to do the refunds by hand and determine things like port costs, etc, which is patently false.  I have an invoice from Regent which shows all the money we paid for our cancelled cruise (which we expected to be on right now): cruise fare including all port costs and taxes, Regent Choice shore excursions, Culinary Kitchen classes...everything.  There is nothing to calculate...we expect the full amount refunded.  

Please stop adding non-sequiturs or anecdotes and just report actual refunds (and being a bit of a cynic though an ardent Regent fan), I mean you've received a check or a credit  card posting and not a vague promise. 

• Like 5