When Do You Plan To Cruise Again?

SargassoPirate

We sailed last week On the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska. Felt very comfortable with fully vaccinated guests & Crew (NO Exceptions). 95% used masks in interior spaces, most everybody took masks off immediately after sitting when dining. Compliant masking (mostly) on tours. Masks were a bit annoying, but truly made up by the act of cruising again. 

Another HAL cruise in early December (currently same rules), and then in late January a Carnival which will have little Kiddos around (First cruise on Carnival). Since school will be in session - I assume they will be mostly teeny tiny cookie monsters - and not free roaming teens.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:03 PM, Lois R said:

I sailed In July and then I went again last month to Alaska and I leave on Oct 6th for another cruise out of Lisbon🙂 I am making up for lost time.😀

Today's the day Lois.  Bon Voyage!  Lisbon is a lovely city so I hope you have a little time there before you sail.

• Like 1

Hi Tea😀 actually I am sitting at the airport now. Flying to Newark then on to Lisbon. Have tomorrow there and sailing on Friday. Also have a day there after my cruise too.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Connie & I are booked on the Island Princess for the 34 day Fire, Ice & The Arctic Circle Grand Adventure on May 26, 2022.  Then we have another cruise booked on Holland America on December 22, 2022 - Caribbean Holiday - 17 days including Christmas and New Years on the Volendam.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DD and I did a Boardwalk Balcony on Royal’s Oasis of the Seas on Sept. 19, 2021.  Getting to and from NJ was a pain, so we’ll probably stick to NY and Boston from here on.  The ship was at reduced capacity, wearing masks didn’t bother us (I was just happy it wasn’t an actual N95! Those things are NOT comfortable!), the two-top dining tables were too close together, we had a great view of the water and the AquaTheater, I spent too uch money on handbags I didn’t need (but I like them!) and we had a great time. Have an NCL coming up in April and another Royal in Sept.  SO glad to be cruising again. 

30 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

What's a "Boardwalk Balcony"?

I think it is one of those that does not open to the water.......one of the reasons I would never book one.

I think the balcony overlooks a promanade........I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. 

Then again, I would never book one of those ships............too big for me. 

• Like 1

Hi folks! We retired at the start of the pandemic. Cruising for the first time since 2019 next week. (Mariner to the the Bahamas.) Booked on another Bahamas cruise in September on Independence. We are so excited to be back at sea! Retirement has been great so far but we've missed cruising. Look for me on board. I'll be the fat, old guy with the bald head, the aloha shirt and a drink in his hand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MusicManSC said:

Hi folks! We retired at the start of the pandemic. Cruising for the first time since 2019 next week. (Mariner to the the Bahamas.) Booked on another Bahamas cruise in September on Independence. We are so excited to be back at sea! Retirement has been great so far but we've missed cruising. Look for me on board. I'll be the fat, old guy with the bald head, the aloha shirt and a drink in his hand!

Enjoy. Now is the time! We work long and hard for this.

We cruised Athens to Barcelona (18 days) in October/November 2021 - felt lucky to get the cruise in during the lull between Delta and Omicron. We prefer small ships, mostly Windstar, so the cruises had about 130 passengers, all vaccinated. The 3 Italy ports only allowed going off ship with a ship tour and that was less than ideal. Greece, Cyprus and Spain all allowed independent excursions or exploring on your own. 

I'm planning on a solo trip in March/April. My husband isn't interested in ocean crossings so he isn't coming along. It will be 23 days for a Transatlantic followed by a Lisbon round trip to the Canary Islands. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

We cruised Athens to Barcelona (18 days) in October/November 2021 - felt lucky to get the cruise in during the lull between Delta and Omicron. We prefer small ships, mostly Windstar, so the cruises had about 130 passengers, all vaccinated. The 3 Italy ports only allowed going off ship with a ship tour and that was less than ideal. Greece, Cyprus and Spain all allowed independent excursions or exploring on your own. 

I'm planning on a solo trip in March/April. My husband isn't interested in ocean crossings so he isn't coming along. It will be 23 days for a Transatlantic followed by a Lisbon round trip to the Canary Islands. 

I was in Lisbon and the Canary's back in October solo.......hope you LOVE IT😃...even with protocols and stuff, it was one of my best cruises EVER!

• Like 1