Grandiosa March 12th - Any refunds yet?

lovetoholiday

Hi, wondering if anyone who was due to sail from Barcelona on the Grandiosa on 12th March has heard anything from MSC yet about refund or FCC.  I emailed them a few days after I got home and said I would like to take the FCC offer of 125% as per the letter given to us as we left the ship.

I received a reply 2 days later thanking me for my request to book another cruise and that they would get back to me in due course. This was on the 19th March. 

Has anyone else heard anything from them?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

Still waiting for our refund.Could take up to 8 weeks.

Are you saying you still havent received the refund from the Meraviglia, or just a refund in general?

We were told 30 days while we were still on board. I just don't understand why they have already refunded people who didn't even sail before those of us who actually incurred travel expenses! Its just beyond me??!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisgalwv said:

Are you saying you still havent received the refund from the Meraviglia, or just a refund in general?

We were told 30 days while we were still on board. I just don't understand why they have already refunded people who didn't even sail before those of us who actually incurred travel expenses! Its just beyond me??!!

We were on the Grandiosa March 12th.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

We were on the Grandiosa March 12th.

Good luck to you! I'll update if I ever get mine. At this point, I think its pretty much hopeless. Mine should have been being worked on before I ever stepped foot off the ship 😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisgalwv said:

Good luck to you! I'll update if I ever get mine. At this point, I think its pretty much hopeless. Mine should have been being worked on before I ever stepped foot off the ship 😞

Fingers crossed for you.

You may want to ask on your roll call to hear what others are saying. That is what I am doing so we all know what is being said and done.  I asked the others to let us know and everyone seems to be willing to.

Edited by Nymich

8 hours ago, Nymich said:

You may want to ask on your roll call to hear what others are saying. That is what I am doing so we all know what is being said and done.  I asked the others to let us know and everyone seems to be willing to.

Unfortunately there were only 3 posts on the roll call and the last one was December last year.  I admit to being guilty of looking but not joining in. So not a lot of help there I'm afraid.

On 4/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, Nymich said:

No posts there 😞

• 2 weeks later...

STILL NO REFUND, and I am beyond annoyed. My boat sailed on 2/23, the very first "coronacruise". There are zero excuses why others have been refunded (for trips they didn't even go on) and I have yet to receive even a phone call, much less a refund.

Gross lack of customer service to say the least. I did find out my refund is being handled in Italy which is the DUMBEST thing Ive heard yet. They have until May 2nd, that's double the time they said it would be....then I'm done messing around.

• Like 1

An update - I received a reply today, saying that the UK was slower than the USA and Canada as their procedures are less strict over there, and that they had planned to send our FCC's last week but had to wait due to changes from ABTA, which meant that they have had to change some wording. 

They have been told that these should be getting sent out imminently and that I should watch my emails - yippee!!

Watch this space.......

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, chrisgalwv said:

STILL NO REFUND, and I am beyond annoyed. My boat sailed on 2/23, the very first "coronacruise". There are zero excuses why others have been refunded (for trips they didn't even go on) and I have yet to receive even a phone call, much less a refund.

Gross lack of customer service to say the least. I did find out my refund is being handled in Italy which is the DUMBEST thing Ive heard yet. They have until May 2nd, that's double the time they said it would be....then I'm done messing around.

On the couple threads here not seeing many, if any, of us before or after your date having been refunded.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 9:46 AM, lovetoholiday said:

Hi, wondering if anyone who was due to sail from Barcelona on the Grandiosa on 12th March has heard anything from MSC yet about refund or FCC.  I emailed them a few days after I got home and said I would like to take the FCC offer of 125% as per the letter given to us as we left the ship.

I received a reply 2 days later thanking me for my request to book another cruise and that they would get back to me in due course. This was on the 19th March. 

Has anyone else heard anything from them?

Can you post a pic of that letter? We were on that ship as well.  We never received any letter! My TA has spoken to a res agent who stated that the letter proves you were on the cruise. We have boarding cards. Please, anything would help?

On 12/5/2020 at 5:46 PM, notme2012 said:

Can you post a pic of that letter? We were on that ship as well.  We never received any letter! My TA has spoken to a res agent who stated that the letter proves you were on the cruise. We have boarding cards. Please, anything would help?

375690395_20200317_00001_001(2).thumb.jpg.f9c075f60830761151f2f539ac8eb093.jpg375690395_20200317_00001_001(2).thumb.jpg.f9c075f60830761151f2f539ac8eb093.jpg375690395_20200317_00001_001(2).thumb.jpg.f9c075f60830761151f2f539ac8eb093.jpg

On 12/7/2020 at 6:49 AM, lovetoholiday said:

Sorry no idea why there are so many copies showing.  I just tried to upload the file I had saved.  Hope you can do something with it and it helps you though.  Good luck!

Thank you so much!