Appalling behavior by Oceania management

laserboi

I’ve been off the boards for a quite a 

while.   Always considered myself to be reasonable.  We are huge O fans with a sour taste in our mouths.

we fall into a small window of cruisers who “cancelled “ a few days prior to O cancelling.  We canceled after hearing the US STATE DEPARTMENT ORDERED AMERICANS to stay off cruise ships.   Of course the CDC had already issued similar prohibitions. 

We accepted the FCC after being told nothing else to chooser from.  
a few days later full refunds were issued to those who canceled after  Oceania did.

My follow up   communication with O Keeps telling me I made the mistake canceling and I should have known O would be issuing a policy in a few days. But I’m not a psychic.

the FCC is of limited to no value due health issues.  Oceania is very vague about transferring to a third party but I think the answer is no.

I am very sad at how this ended. 

• Like 4

On 4/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, LHT28 said:

You cancelled on the 10th  then Oceania cancelled  later  & now you want them  to reinstate the booking  so you can get the refund??  😲

On 4/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, CintiPam said:

In my opinion there seems to be a lot of blaming of Oceania on many threads these past few weeks where the fault seems to more appropriately be mistakes made by the travel agent or poor communication/information exchanges between the client and his travel agent.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:15 PM, njhorseman said:

No..it's not abominable, it's the choice the poster made and they're not entitled to a second bite of the apple because they now regret making the choice. I canceled a cruise and paid a monetary cancellation penalty because I didn't like the looks of what was reading at the beginning of the pandemic,  before the cruise lines had even initiated their first modifications to their cancellation penalties. The cruise line (not Oceania by the way) eventually canceled my cruise. I'm not going back and complaining about the fact that I could have gotten 100% of my fare refunded if I had decided to wait out the situation. I made a choice that I decided was in my own best interests and knew full well that I would have to pay a cancellation penalty. I accepted that then, and I accept it now. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm the one responsible for the consequences of my decisions, not a cruise line nor any other person or organization.

Just now, Jodobbins said:

When it’s obvious a trip scheduled within a week can’t sail because of both US and other announced conditions and the cruise line (or whatever) deliberations delays the announcement (Oceania didn’t cancel a trip departing on 3/13 until 3/12) and I cancelled to fall in the ‘more than 48 hr notice’ category , there is no way I shouldn’t get the same reimbursement as everyone else still planning to travel within a week. Equal reimbursement not dependent on when I cancelled within the week is all I’m fighting for. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Re: Post #66

I have now finally, received the full refund. I won't bore you with the details - all the phone calls, e.mails, delays, "administrative erors" etc - it has been like pulling teeth.

After all the hassle, it is a relief and I'm pleased they eventually honoured their commitment.

It leaves me concerned about Oceania & their future tbh. Whilst we'd love to sample a Vista Suite on Marina/Riviera, just think it is far too risky to book anything until next year, at the earliest.

50 minutes ago, Doubt It said:

Oceania, really.

There is no future. They have been downgrading their product for 2 years. 
Add the pandemic .

Nothing would entice us to book Oceania.,

Who would you book with your next cruise?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doubt It said:

Oceania, really.

There is no future. They have been downgrading their product for 2 years. 
Add the pandemic .

Nothing would entice us to book Oceania.,

We average one cruise per year with Oceania, although only on Riviera or Marina since 2011.  I disagree with your perception regarding the last two years.  I believe that the product is better than ever.  Our last cruise (Riviera February 26 -March 11) delivered an upgrade in food, service and entertainment from our prior year’s cruise (May 2019.)

29 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

We average one cruise per year with Oceania, although only on Riviera or Marina since 2011.  I disagree with your perception regarding the last two years.  I believe that the product is better than ever.  Our last cruise (Riviera February 26 -March 11) delivered an upgrade in food, service and entertainment from our prior year’s cruise (May 2019.)

We've been on one O cruise and just loved it. And we're really into food and it was super.

A Terrace Cafe dinner.

IMG_7074 - Edited (1).jpg

1 hour ago, clo said:

We've been on one O cruise and just loved it. And we're really into food and it was super.

A Terrace Cafe dinner.

IMG_7074 - Edited (1).jpg

Everything on that plate appeals to me except please hold the peas.  (Too  vivid a reminder of those dreadful childhood mushy canned peas.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CintiPam said:

Everything on that plate appeals to me except please hold the peas.  (Too  vivid a reminder of those dreadful childhood mushy canned peas.) 

LOL. We have found that undercooked and chilled they're not bad in a salad 🙂 But the lobster tails, shrimp and lamb chops made up for any shortcoming. After about four or five days Bob claimed to be tired of lobster. That didn't last long )

On 7/1/2020 at 7:41 PM, CintiPam said:

I'm not sure about better than ever but our cruise on Riviera in Dec was great. There are things that if you know what to look for you'll see a change. One of them being the downgrade of the Oceania Club perks, but I'm not complaining about that, just pointing it out. It's still better than most Cruise lines loyalty perks. 

I definitely agree with you though that it is still an excellent product and the sky was not falling(when they were last sailing) nor has it been the last few years since being under the NLCH umbrella, as some people like to infer that it is.

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1

We were on Marina for a month Dec 2019, and found dining room service improved, and wine steward service much improved over the previous year's sailing on Marina.  No deterioration in service/product noted here.

• Like 1