DELTA AIRLINES NEW E CREDIT POLICY

edgekid

Just announced .

Delta has extended their E credit travel date to May 31st 2022.. it was December 31st 2020, which was ridiculous.  Good news for all cruise travellers that had their cruises cancelled and were planning on using Delta to fly to cruise departure ports

Exactly my thoughts. Celebrity may think that giving people until December 31st 2021 is enough time to make new plans and travel.

But knowing that a vaccine will probably not be available until late summer/ early fall of 2021 does not give us a lot of wiggle room. For us,  going on a cruise is 100% out of the question until they have a vaccine available.

Edited by edgekid
  • Like 1

So they'll give you a credit but not a refund, correct?  Partner is canceling a one day hotel stay before our cruise in December.  He thinks there might be a better rate out there *or* we just cancel if things are still bad.

I would be happy if we can cancel our Delta flight and get credit for later.

Edited by zitsky

16 hours ago, zitsky said:

So they'll give you a credit but not a refund, correct?  Partner is canceling a one day hotel stay before our cruise in December.  He thinks there might be a better rate out there *or* we just cancel if things are still bad.

I would be happy if we can cancel our Delta flight and get credit for later.

If Delta cancels your flight, you are eligible for a refund; that hasn't changed.  If you cancel your flight, you get a credit.

16 hours ago, scrapcreator said:

I hope other airlines will do the same.

Doug Parker at American Airlines is probably pounding the walls with his fists right now and crying like a baby, "Dammit Delta, why'd you have to go and do the right thing; now our pax will be out for blood if we don't do the same."  Parker absolutely hates doing anything that benefits the passengers. 

8 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

If Delta cancels your flight, you are eligible for a refund; that hasn't changed.  If you cancel your flight, you get a credit.

Doug Parker at American Airlines is probably pounding the walls with his fists right now and crying like a baby, "Dammit Delta, why'd you have to go and do the right thing; now our pax will be out for blood if we don't do the same."  Parker absolutely hates doing anything that benefits the passengers. 

Really?  We just received a full refund for canceled MIA-CDG-MIA flights for a two-week France river cruise this June.  AA at first wanted $900 each in fees, but when the refund came through to our cc earlier this week it was for the full amount.  And they did in in two weeks.  Well Done American Airlines.

3 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Really?  We just received a full refund for canceled MIA-CDG-MIA flights for a two-week France river cruise this June.  AA at first wanted $900 each in fees, but when the refund came through to our cc earlier this week it was for the full amount.  And they did in in two weeks.  Well Done American Airlines.

Well sure, because American knows darn well they are almost certainly not flying that route in June.  Most international itineraries have been canceled by the airlines.  Domestic itineraries on the other hand, are not being canceled far in advance by the airlines.  They are still flying them, albeit with super low passenger loads, and waiting until the last possible minute to actually cancel any specific flights.  That leaves the passenger as frequently being the one to cancel, and when the passenger cancels a non-refundable ticket, they are generally offered a credit only.  For flights that are only eligible for a credit, the industry standard is that the new flight must be flown within a year of initial purchase; Delta's announcement greatly extends that deadline.

Edited by waterbug123

I have actually been impressed with Delta.

They have sent e-mails about how they are increasing their cleaning procedures to deal with Corona.

Crickets from the cruise lines and other air lines.  Delta is a class act.

• Like 1

The wording in my e-mail says you need to know your cancelled "ticket number". All I can see is the code for the record locator. Is that my "ticket" number, please? If not, the only other numbers I see are the flight numbers, times and seat numbers. Please help Delta fliers. 

21 hours ago, 39august said:

The wording in my e-mail says you need to know your cancelled "ticket number". All I can see is the code for the record locator. Is that my "ticket" number, please? If not, the only other numbers I see are the flight numbers, times and seat numbers. Please help Delta fliers. 

19 hours ago, 39august said:

Thanks so much. I scrolled down further than what I had previously printed and there it was, a slightly different number for each of our tickets. 

Correct.  The 6 digit alphanumeric code is the PRN, or passenger record number.  This is your confirmation number.  The actual ticket number is 13 digits.  For anyone else:  If you have the Delta app, open it and go to "My Trips."  From there, select the trip in question.  Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see 3 things in small print:  privacy policy, baggage and service fees, and receipt.  Click "receipt" and you will see the full ticket receipt.  Toward the bottom of it you'll see "Flight Ticket #" with a 13 digit number following.  All ticket stock issued by Delta will begin with 006 as the first 3 digits.  If the first 3 digits are different numbers, it means you must have purchased your ticket from another airline and gotten a code share flight number and will need to check the policy for the airline from whom you purchased. 

• Like 1