What to do if no more cruising??

AndyMichelle

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To  be a true P&O convention,  everyone would have to have been to the hotel at least 20 times before, and would constantly be telling everybody how it was not as good as it was in 1998!

True wowzz how true. However we can start our own post-covid non-cruise new traditions. 

Avril 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Is there a clubhouse?

Is it all freedom dining? 

Will it have pointy toilet rolls? 

Well seen you have never roughed it with a chemical toilet it an old fashioned caravan before young man.

Yes the toilet roll will be pointy. The end of the stick used for ramming the toilet paper (and indeed anything else which needs to be persuaded down the very narrow aperture) is very pointy the narrowness of the aperture  being required to avoid splash back from chemical “loo blue” which leaves a very nasty stain on anything it touches.

On a slightly higher tone I am an expert at caravan cooking so volunteer as head chef and yes there will be freedom dining, the freedom to take it or leave it.👩🏻‍🍳

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Am I the weird one that likes hearing people's cruising stories... 

Andy 

I like hearing stories,  but too often they end up just being a list of what cruises people have been on, how suite service is not what it was,  and how the loyalty club lunches are of poor quality compared to 20 years ago ! 

• Like 1

If there were no more cruising we'd be snookered. Frank won't fly after a panic attack on the plane so it would be good old blighty. We love watching Antiques Road Trip and some of the little places you see are gorgeous. Names of places I've never even heard of. I could happily do that. If I really REALLY had to (sigh)😕

Avril 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I like hearing stories,  but too often they end up just being a list of what cruises people have been on, how suite service is not what it was,  and how the loyalty club lunches are of poor quality compared to 20 years ago ! 

Unless you're inviting us back to your suite for drinks and canapes, then you might be slow hand clapped for boasting.:classic_cool:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If there were no more cruising we'd be snookered. Frank won't fly after a panic attack on the plane so it would be good old blighty. We love watching Antiques Road Trip and some of the little places you see are gorgeous. Names of places I've never even heard of. I could happily do that. If I really REALLY had to (sigh)😕

Avril 

I remember flying on Dan Air(dare) years ago.

I also remember a Spanair MD80 with the 2 engines at the back.We were next to 1 engine that kept misfiring.🙈😵

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why don't I meet these people? 

We always stumble across interesting people who love cruising and are very passionate about it. 

But there was Malcolm... We don't talk about Malcolm... 😊

Andy 

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry but no one has the priorities for this little venture sorted correctly yet.

1. dress code

2. tipping regime

3. chair hogging rules

discuss

How long will it take for our refund back to our credit card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Why don't I meet these people? 

We always stumble across interesting people who love cruising and are very passionate about it. 

But there was Malcolm... We don't talk about Malcolm... 😊

Andy 

You've got me curious now.

Tell us about Malcolm

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

That'll do for me... 

Harry has been telling us P&O is like Butlins on sea... 

Andy 

Costa del Seaburn or

Costa del South Shields.

Or Costa del Whitley Bay for Daib and Les.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry but no one has the priorities for this little venture sorted correctly yet.

1. dress code

2. tipping regime

3. chair hogging rules

discuss

Dress code - optional,  but be smart. 

Tipping  - optional 

Chair hogging -  were all too polite for that.😊

Avril 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember flying on Dan Air(dare) years ago.

I also remember a Spanair MD80 with the 2 engines at the back.We were next to 1 engine that kept misfiring.🙈😵

Our first flight was a BAC111 with two engines at the back.  We were seated at the back as well and it gave Frank a shocking headache. 

Avril