Shore excursion question

jhenry1

I have never cancelled a cruise so need to ask a question regarding shore excursions. We are book on the Africa cruise in early Dec and our shore excursions become available for booking the second Monday in April. Most of the excursions I am going to book have a charge. Do I pay for these when they are booked ? Also if we do not make the final payment which is due in Aug only because of the virus situation will we be refunded for those or get future cruise credit?

Never before have I had such a hard decision to make regarding a Regent cruise. Not a fun time.

If you have onboard credit, Regent will use them when you book your excursions.  If the amount of the excursions exceed your OBC’s, you pay for them when you book the excursion.  Should Regent cancel your cruise, you will get the money back. 

There is one area that I’m not certain about ........ if you cancel within 48 hours of the cruise (or within the penalty phase).  I don’t have the Regent contract in front of me but I recall that some items are not reimbursable beyond certain dates.

We are in the same boat (so to speak).  We have a November cruise booked and have paid for excursions.  We remain confident that the November cruises will sail.

Based on my experience you will pay for your excursions at the time of booking by credit card if booked direct with Regent (might be different if you book via your TA). We are due to cruise with Regent at end of August and we have been advised that any refund via Regent Reassurance will include the full price paid of shore excursions 

Thank you both for the info. I have never had to encounter this so had no idea how it works. I am sure hoping we go in Dec. as we are so excited . At age 75 we are running out of time to go to some of these areas although we are both pretty fit. 

3 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

Thank you both for the info. I have never had to encounter this so had no idea how it works. I am sure hoping we go in Dec. as we are so excited . At age 75 we are running out of time to go to some of these areas although we are both pretty fit. 

You are going to one of our top three places in the world.  Hope that you enjoy every moment!

We paid for our excursions for November 2020 sailing when we booked them mid March. Our information from Regent is that they can be cancelled and a refund issued if cancelled within 36 hours of departure.