More cruises canceled?

4133raw

I have been looking at cheap Carnival May cruises and now you can't book anything in May. I then read where they were temporarily furloughing employees in Port Canaveral for port cruise operations to last until at least May 30.

Yes, It looks like all of May is not bookable fleet wide. They are still visible but if you try to get a rate it won’t allow you.

looks like they will be canceling all of May. Unless it’s some sort of glitch which I doubt.

14 minutes ago, slavens_09 said:

Yes, It looks like all of May is not bookable fleet wide. They are still visible but if you try to get a rate it won’t allow you.

looks like they will be canceling all of May. Unless it’s some sort of glitch which I doubt.

I just now logged in to Carnival.com and tried a mock booking on Carnival Dream May 21 - May 25  and it is all working

26 minutes ago, 48traveler said:

I just now logged in to Carnival.com and tried a mock booking on Carnival Dream May 21 - May 25  and it is all working

Not working for that ship and dates now: " No rates available for the stateroom category and the number of travelers you selected. Click here to return to search results.

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Me? The 21st of May shows for the Dream and when you go to select a cabin for 2 persons it says what I quoted above. 

Nope you’re good. Working from my iPhone didn’t get the other post quoted.

I think this is a good thing if true that they are cancelling all cruises until Memorial Weekend, a very optimistic but somewhat reasonable date. The 30 day at a time with the cruisers at the front end getting a 10 day or less notice is unacceptable, I am confident they know that.  

The delayed refund for cancelled cruises from a PR standpoint is also unacceptable and hopefully is resolved soon now that Carnival has secured financing for the near term . 

I have the Panorama booked leaving May 23rd. Yesterday I got an email from the hotel in Long Beach for the night before my cruise that my reservation has been cancelled. I assume this isn’t a good sign. I hope they go ahead and announce next week that the rest of May is cancelled. I booked this cruise over 18 months in advance. It’s a bummer but with everything going on I realize I am extremely fortunate.

1 hour ago, mslhb said:

I have the Panorama booked leaving May 23rd. Yesterday I got an email from the hotel in Long Beach for the night before my cruise that my reservation has been cancelled. I assume this isn’t a good sign. I hope they go ahead and announce next week that the rest of May is cancelled. I booked this cruise over 18 months in advance. It’s a bummer but with everything going on I realize I am extremely fortunate.

I wish they'd make an announcement since I'm booked in May also, but suspect they'll wait till the end of the month. The sooner Carnival officially canx, the sooner they're on the hook for refunds, not a good money move for them. And to make my May cruise worse, it sails outta NYC. 😷 BTW, loved Panorama + the itinerary!!!

Edited by CRocks

11 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Not working for that ship and dates now: " No rates available for the stateroom category and the number of travelers you selected. Click here to return to search results.

Just checked again and poof, it's gone.

4 minutes ago, 48traveler said:

Just checked again and poof, it's gone.

yes. i was looking at cruise on the sunrise last night for the end of may and now that cruise is gone and now there is no sailings out of NYC until june .looks like they are removing some cruises

We were booked on the Sunrise May 25th cruise. Looks like that is gone and we're not surprised. We just booked the same cruise on September 7th and even that isn't a given, but it's something to look forward to. If that one gets canceled then we won't be cruising this year. The first time in many years. 😎

• Like 1

My guess is cruises won't start up again until the fall at the earliest. Until more people get serious about social distancing, listening to the medical experts and staying home, Covid-19 is only going to keep expanding. I have been receiving some great offers from Carnival for the fall, but am hesitant to book.  We have a cruise booked on Holland out of Tampa for Dec. and am waiting for my future cruise credit email to add it to our Lanai to upgrade to a Neptune Suite. We had a Neptune booked on a Holland cruise for this week but of course it was cancelled. Sure hope we get to go on the Dec. cruise.