Orion in Melbourne Australia

spw1947

Viking Orion  arrived in Melbourne Australia on March 15 and as no Covid on board all 700+ passengers disembarked safely. Great work Viking.

However it is a mystery why she is still in Port Phillip Bay  and seems to charge position every few days? Can anyone shed light on this?

We enjoyed a cruise on board this great ship in December 2019 from Bali to Sydney.

1 hour ago, Nippy Sweetie said:

We were due on an Alaska cruise on Orion in July and looking forward to being aboard. Oh well. Another time maybe. 

We are also booked on the Orion in July.  Specifically the July 25 sailing.  Haven't received any notice of cancellation yet.  Trying to remain positive that somehow we will still be going, but it doesn't look promising.

3 hours ago, ElaynaB said:

We are also booked on the Orion in July.  Specifically the July 25 sailing.  Haven't received any notice of cancellation yet.  Trying to remain positive that somehow we will still be going, but it doesn't look promising.

We're on the previous cruise. I really can't see it going ahead. We were to have done the 7 day Rockies trip first. I'm going to phone on Monday. Final payment not due till next month but I want to clarify the situation as far as possible. 

Edited by Nippy Sweetie

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

She has been underway for a few days, heading west from Melbourne.

As of this morning:

image.png.ed5ebb68e0bea0090b1d9365311b1e7c.png

Many thanks, glad she's not on the bottom of Port Phillip Bay, although I think that would have made the news!