Visas

rrgator

We are booked on the Russia cruise in late September. Hopefully everything will be up and running by then. My problem is the visa company Viking uses is closed and not excepting any new applications currently. Not sure what to do at this point. Is anybody else dealing with this issue. 

I would take guidance from Viking.

When I had to get my Russian visa - I went through a company (ZVS) that this company acquired: https://visacentral.com  You can see if Viking can send the invitation to them or to you to provide to them. There are other visa services out there.

You are in a weird situation as you need to get a visa and it takes awhile to get a visa. You may not be traveling in September. I believe Russia now allows for a multi-year visa. I would advise getting that in case your trip doesn't happen so you don't have to go through this process again at a later time.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

You can see if Viking can send the invitation to them or to you to provide to them. There are other visa services out there.

Before asking Viking, I believe that there is a copy of your invitation letter posted on MyVikingJourney.

6 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Before asking Viking, I believe that there is a copy of your invitation letter posted on MyVikingJourney.

Good idea. I haven't sailed Viking previously so am not used to their website.

If you have the Invitation letter, you can use any visa service. Both times I went to Russia - the company forwarded the invitation letter to the visa service so I never saw it.

Thanks for posting.

Edited by Coral