Has anyone that received the incorrect cancellation Invoice...

amajaa

Has anyone that received an incorrect cancellation invoice received a corrected invoice yet?

We got the incorrect one charging us 50% even though I was previously assured by the girl I spoke to at P & O we would get the full amount. She even told us how much would be credited back to our credit card and the £85 we paid to Thomas Cooke for the deposit we would get by cheque. We cancelled when they first said that over 70s and anyone with an underlying condition could cancel and get a full refund and before they appeared to change the cancellation policy. 

I e-mailed them straight away and contacted on Facebook but on each occasion they just gave a standard reply about the standard cancellation invoices being sent out automatically and we should get a full refund. Should being the operative word here. 

Has anyone had a corrected invoice with the correct amount on?

Edited by amajaa

Hols4

We got the same e-mail as you amajaa charging us 50% for cancelling but was told this would happen, heard nothing since. Our cruise was for the1st of May so we will be waiting a while yet I think.

P&O have stated that their cancellation invoices are incorrect, because they show cancellation charges that are not applicable. 

Sometimes you do wonder if P&O could arrange a small candle light buffet in a brewery!

11 hours ago, Stokie33 said:

I cancelled on the day they cancelled the first batch of cruises and haven't received any email at all not sure whether to wait and see or who to contact 

Bizarrely I found mine in my junk folder! They don’t normally go in there from P&O! 

I also cancelled in the first batch of cruises but I thought about it for a day or two before I did it.

I applied for a full refund for 2 bookings on a May cruise on Monday, as soon as the cruise was cancelled. Received what I assume were cancellation notifications (although it wasn’t clear) later the same day. These mentioned that the cancellation invoices would state the incorrect refund amount. On Friday, I received the cancellation invoices, which both showed approx 25% deduction (not 50%) but am obviously expecting 100% refunds as stated. 

I find it simply incredible that a company as large as P&O is so completely and utterly incompetent when it comes to IT. This has been the case for years and years and manifests itself in so many ways, including stupid things like the inability to put the correct boarding time on e-tickets for those on higher loyalty tiers. There has been a message that the time is incorrect and ‘we are working on a fix’ for at least 5 years! I could name many other examples. I am just staggered that the Head of IT has held on to his or her job for so long, assuming that it’s the same person. I would have fired them years ago. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I applied for a full refund for 2 bookings on a May cruise on Monday, as soon as the cruise was cancelled. Received what I assume were cancellation notifications (although it wasn’t clear) later the same day. These mentioned that the cancellation invoices would state the incorrect refund amount. On Friday, I received the cancellation invoices, which both showed approx 25% deduction (not 50%) but am obviously expecting 100% refunds as stated. 

I find it simply incredible that a company as large as P&O is so completely and utterly incompetent when it comes to IT. This has been the case for years and years and manifests itself in so many ways, including stupid things like the inability to put the correct boarding time on e-tickets for those on higher loyalty tiers. There has been a message that the time is incorrect and ‘we are working on a fix’ for at least 5 years! I could name many other examples. I am just staggered that the Head of IT has held on to his or her job for so long, assuming that it’s the same person. I would have fired them years ago. 

I applied for our refund on Monday as well. Since then I have received absolutely nothing from P&O. I'm tempted to re-send the refund request, but who knows what that will do to the P&O IT system.

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I applied for our refund on Monday as well. Since then I have received absolutely nothing from P&O. I'm tempted to re-send the refund request, but who knows what that will do to the P&O IT system.

I originally applied on the 16th March for our Easter cruise but didn't get an email to either my spam or inbox. I refilled the form in last week even though it says to only fill it in once 😂 and still nothing

My experience.

I applied for the refund last Monday, via the webform link, the day they advised the cruise had been cancelled.

Tuesday I received notification of cruise cancellation.

Friday I received the cancellation invoice, for the incorrect value however there was a notice in the earlier email to say this would be incorrect. It does state on the invoice the total value paid so I’m optimistic that they will process the full value of the refund when they get round to my application.

FG😊

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

If they do go bust Selbourne, maybe we could lobby for Amazon to take them over, their IT system always seems to work perfectly.

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If they do go bust Selbourne, maybe we could lobby for Amazon to take them over, their IT system always seems to work perfectly.

So true John. The World is be imploding and P&O is managing to take 2 months to press the button for a refund, but I can still order the most obscure thing on Amazon and it will arrive at my house out in the sticks the very next day!

• Like 1

It does seem bizarre that if they knew it was going to automatically send out incorrect cancellations why they just didn’t stop them sending any out. As I said we got the incorrect one but didn’t receive anything telling us it would be incorrect, I read about that on here and Facebook. I e-mailed them because I wanted it in writing saying the whole amount would be refunded just in case down the line they do go bust ( oh I hope not) we would need the correct cancellation invoice to claim on insurance or ABTA or they change what they are refunded and try and give us a FCC instead.
I wouldn’t normally have minded as FCC but we already have enough for next years cruises with Princess. We cancelled a Princess Cruise 2 days before we were due to fly to LA to join a cruise to Hawaii so had to take the FCC. Good job we did as we would have been inflight when all cruises were cancelled and then possibly stuck in LA. We also cancelled a Princess July cruise round the British Isles, fortunately had only paid the deposit which we have had to take as a FCC.

9 hours ago, Selbourne said:

So true John. The World is be imploding and P&O is managing to take 2 months to press the button for a refund, but I can still order the most obscure thing on Amazon and it will arrive at my house out in the sticks the very next day!

I think the difference is that P&O don't want to refund quickly, by dragging their heels they can hope the the law changes and they don't have to refund. I cannot see how it can take 45-60 days to process the refunds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I think the difference is that P&O don't want to refund quickly, by dragging their heels they can hope the the law changes and they don't have to refund. I cannot see how it can take 45-60 days to process the refunds.

I am making the assumption that, even if the law changes, those of us who have requested a cash refund prior to any change will still get one, but you are quite right. There’s no way on earth that it can take 60 days given that they have an army of staff for bookings who would otherwise be twiddling their thumbs. It is, without any doubt whatsoever, a deliberate tactic to bolster their cash flow - using ours! Most companies have set up their staff to work from home but that requires sound IT - and we all know about P&O and IT 🙄

• Like 2