Where in the world...?

Just to lighten things up a bit I thought that I would start a thread where you can post pictures from your cruises and people can guess what port stop these were taken from. Therefore they could be shots from a day tour from your cruise or just around the port.

Does anybody know what port the following pictures were taken from?

If you have some photos you would like to share please post them and do come back and tell us if people guessed correctly or where it was if they didn't guess correctly.

DSC05518.JPG

DSC05547.JPG

DSC05582.JPG

DSC07190.JPG

• Like 1

Maybe Cartagena, Columbia.?   Not sure, having been there some of the infrastructure looks familiar.   Looks like the Coral Princess or Island Princess.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

No not there. These were taken on a Sapphire Princess cruise last year.

Somewhere in Europe then, Sapphire was working Europe when we did Baltics/Scandinavia on her in 2018.

Actual port has me stumped.  You have to keep the quiz going for a bit longer get the smarties in.  So the prize is 7 days Asia cruise on Diamond Princess B2B with 7 days on Ruby Princess, Qld coastal? 😆

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Just now, NSWP said:

Somewhere in Europe then, Sapphire was working Europe when we did Baltics/Scandinavia on her in 2018.

Actual port has me stumped.  You have keep the quiz going for a bit longer get the people in.  So the prize is 7 days Asia cruise on Diamond Princess B2B with 7 days on Ruby Princess, Qld coastal? 😆

I will even throw in an extra 14 days for free on the Diamond or you can go for the fast track disembarkment on the Ruby.

2 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I guess Rhodes but not really confident about the answer.

You are correct. Well done. The last photos are of the Grand Master's Palace. Originally built for the Crusades.

Now you don't have to really take that cruise.

6 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I will even throw in an extra 14 days for free on the Diamond or you can go for the fast track disembarkment on the Ruby.

We are holders of the coveted 'Black Card'  with priority, so thanks for your offer, but I would accept the Penthouse Suite in lieu or perhaps half a dozen bottles of Johnny Walker 'Blue' to ward off the virus as we cruise along.😆

8 minutes ago, sewgood said:

You are correct. Well done. The last photos are of the Grand Master's Palace. Originally built for the Crusades.

Now you don't have to really take that cruise.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Smart Alec young Rassa. Now if you decline the cruise I sticks me hand up.😆

You can have the cruise Les.   I will stick around Oz so I don't catch that virus.

We had one of these years ago, so what is the next question?

• Like 1

Last one for the day from me, before I head into town.

Anybody else please feel free to look through your photos and post them and help the rest of us have an armchair cruise.

DSC04979-2.JPG

DSC05015-2.JPG

DSC04997-2.JPG

3rd pic down maybe Southampton ye olde city gate or Winchester also in Hampshire.   Middle one also maybe Southampton Wall.  Top one got me stumped, Ansett Flying boat...perhaps Temora Air museum? 

Edited by NSWP

The photos are all  from the same city. But you are right Uncle Les it is Southampton.

There is a terrific little aviation muesum within walking distance of the port.

And that is the Bargate in the centre of town. Southampton is an old walled city and you still walk around and on some of the walls left standing after the bombing of the Second World war.

Here's some more photos to promote that museum. It is only a few pounds entry and is run by volunteers.

DSC04963-2.JPG

DSC04967-2.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks, been into Southampton several times.  Went to the big Maritime museum there but not the little aviation museum.

Ok off  to town, Dan Murphys for some urgent medicine perhaps? 

3 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Looks like Vancouver? Love that city! 🤔😁

Looks like the cruise terminal but way too long ago for me to remember the surrounds.

Sewgood I hope you feel refreshed with your happenings yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Looks like the cruise terminal but way too long ago for me to remember the surrounds.

I thought the building looked like the Convention Centre, down a bit from the cruise terminal? 🙂

34 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

I thought the building looked like the Convention Centre, down a bit from the cruise terminal? 🙂

You are probably right I just remember the huge glass cruise terminal.

50 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I was only kidding about what I did in town. Sounded better than going to town for groceries. It never hurts to dream.

Busy Mum you are right it is Vancouver.

I bet the background gave it away. This lego whale is very near to the cruise terminal.

I thought I would have to come back and post another photo of the city, perhaps the supension bridge or the float planes.

Well done.

Here's a photo of a ship at the terminal for ship spotters.

DSC00431.JPG

The ship looks like it has run a ground, so it's a port I have never been to.

I have spotted one palm tree so maybe somewhere tropical.

I've never been to the West Indies.

I'll say Jamaica, even though I have no idea what the city looks like.

A total guess, but hey I'm trying.