Where in the world...?

The bridge, could it be from around Hong Kong? How about a clue (I'm a bit stumped) does it span a river or does it go between islands?

The white thing I wouldn't like to have a guess but I'm sure I would remember where in the world this was if I had come seen it. It sort of stands out.

Vada's photo, no idea but it looks tropical and on a holiday resort type island with all those villas and boats. Is that pollution haze over the island? If so I'll rule out the south pacific islands.

OK, I have had a think about it and will give my incorrect but best answer for the white monument.

Is it from Easter Island and instead of a giant head they have used another body part?

• Haha 1

I have walked around that clock . Quite historic and famous . I will wait for others to guess the location We were there on a Sunday and l remember  passing a local church and being wowed by the harmonies coming from the singing . 

17 minutes ago, sewgood said:

OK, I have had a think about it and will give my incorrect but best answer for the white monument.

Is it from Easter Island and instead of a giant head they have used another body part?

no, its in the south pacific

Vada, have you been lucky enough to go to the  Galapagos Islands?

Though the  clock is saying a former colony and the signs point to somewhere in Southern Africa.

And the cars on the left hand side of the road tell me south western Africa.

My husband has done some detective work based on the photos and not to give it away is it a town starting with V in a country starting with S?

We enjoyed the puzzle.

4 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Vada, have you been lucky enough to go to the  Galapagos Islands?

Though the  clock is saying a former colony and the signs point to somewhere in Southern Africa.

And the cars on the left hand side of the road tell me south western Africa.

My husband has done some detective work based on the photos and not to give it away is it a town starting with V in a country starting with S?

We enjoyed the puzzle.

Yes, it is. It is an Aldabra tortoise - we are due to go to the Galapagos next year, but time will tell

Edited by vada_9
updated info

If you have been here you will remember this big painting.

I don't know if the guy is still alive or not. He hadn't been seen for a few years when we were there.

His yacht hadn't moved from the harbour in a while.

DSC08781.JPG

DSC05868.JPG

DSC08910.JPG

DSC08808.JPG

Hi everyone,

It  Muscat in Oman.

I thought it was the most traditional looking city that we visited on our cruise.

They put in building codes early enough so that Muscat still has an arabian feel to it unlike Dubai.

Muscat has a natural beauty about it with its rocky hills and cliffs and the colours and the layers in the rock sediments look beautiful in the sunshine.

My photos don't do it justice, I just have a cheap point and click camera.

DSC08748.JPG