Shore Excursion refunds

matymil

We rebooked our March 21st cruise afew weeks ago, I know people that got cruise refunds were told that it could take up to 3 months for refunds. However I just looked at my email from March 15th and it says that I would receive all of my excursions etc back on my CC in 5-7 business days. Its been 18 business days....just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with the excursions being refunding or is this normal? Thanks 

We cancelled our cruise on March 14th.  We received an email from Carnival on March 15th stating our excursions were cancelled due to a full-booking cancellation.  I’m guessing it’s the same one the OP received; it stated refund in 5-7 days.  Three weeks have passed now and we still haven’t seen the refund.

I’m sure it’s the same situation as the cruise refunds that’s taking slow long, but I honestly fail to see the need for the delay.  Refunds can be done at the same speed of technology that handles the initial charge to your credit card.  We’ve all had refunds from other companies and they take a couple days to process through the credit card system.  Carnival sent the email in a day.  There’s no reason the refund process shouldn’t use a similar automated technology.

If you cancelled on the March 13/14 policy change, you'll be trapped in the "90 day refund" window.  Carnival is probably doing some behind the scenes accounting and assessments prior to HOPEFULLY finally refunding everyone.

I'm not too happy that they're taking so long, but thus far, NO ONE has received any refunds after their mid-March policy update.

• Like 1

I cancelled my excursion more than two weeks before the cruise was cancelled by Carnival.  I received the 5-7 day email on March 14 and questioned my PVP about it while we were rebooking the cruise 16 days later.  He said the email is outdated and hasn’t been updated to reflect the 90 days that we can expect to wait for our refunds.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I cancelled my excursion more than two weeks before the cruise was cancelled by Carnival.  I received the 5-7 day email on March 14 and questioned my PVP about it while we were rebooking the cruise 16 days later.  He said the email is outdated and hasn’t been updated to reflect the 90 days that we can expect to wait for our refunds.  

What was the date you cancelled your excursion?  Did you do it over the phone or online?

We cancelled our excursion for our March 26 cruise around March 9/10th via phone and got it refunded within about 3 days.  Once everything went crazy with the March 13/14 cancellations was when Carnival started the "90 days" window.  Still waiting on our FCC back-to-cash refund.

Edited by DWolf2020

18 minutes ago, DWolf2020 said:

What was the date you cancelled your excursion?  Did you do it over the phone or online?

We cancelled our excursion for our March 26 cruise around March 9/10th via phone and got it refunded within about 3 days.  Once everything went crazy with the March 13/14 cancellations was when Carnival started the "90 days" window.  Still waiting on our FCC back-to-cash refund.

I canceled online on March 13th.  Looks like I just missed the sweet spot.  I use a lot of different credit cards, depending on the best rewards.  The excursion was on the Carnival MasterCard,  to get a 10% discount.  Unfortunately, I don’t use the card for anything else.  When the refund shows up (someday), I will switch from my everyday 2% off everything card long enough to use up the money.  I will wait to book the same excursion on the rebooked cruise on board, to use some of the OBC.   I have refunds due on three other cards, had to make a spreadsheet to keep track of what is due to be refunded.

• Like 1

I canceled an excursion for myself and 3 family members on March 11th for our March 14th cruise.  I got the email saying I'd be refunded in 5-7 days.  They canceled our cruise on the 13th.  I have not been refunded for anything regarding that cruise.  Not excursions I canceled before hand or FTTF or items from Fun Shops or anything.

on  the newer shore excursion cancel emails they been sending out:

A refund has been processed for the credit card(s) and/or Carnival gift card(s) used to make your purchase.

For credit cards, please note this unprecedented situation is delaying our processing times so calling/emailing us will not expedite the process. We appreciate your patience. For Carnival gift cards, you will be receiving a newly issued Carnival gift card as a replacement.

• Like 1

I too am in the same boat. ( No pun intended). I cancelled by beverage package and shore excursion on the changed trip and was told 5-7 days for refund.  I re-booked another cruise and paid for the beverage package and shore excursion expecting the credit to show up. It has not come.  I realize that they are having a hard time financially but for them to be taking new money and not refunding us is wrong. These are the type of things that leave a sour taste in loyal carnival travelers.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:07 PM, bury me at sea said:

All monies paid on a cruise cancelled by Carnival were moved to a new booking, except FTTF.  The new booking was completed March 18.  No refund on FTTF yet.

Yeah I was told that to but not extras like; spa, excursions, in room gifts etc. Were you told something else? I wouldn't be surprised that happens a lot with Carnival. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:54 AM, shof515 said:

on  the newer shore excursion cancel emails they been sending out:

Awesome thank you for that info. Yeah we canceled way back when on March 15th....seems like a year ago doesn't it lol

1 hour ago, matymil said:

Yeah I was told that to but not extras like; spa, excursions, in room gifts etc. Were you told something else? I wouldn't be surprised that happens a lot with Carnival. 

I was told FTTF, which is sold as an excursion, would be refunded to the form of original payment.  I didn't have any other extras.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 1