Crew fund

Peachypooh

The last time we cruised i believe there was a way to contribute to a crew fund

in addition to the gratuities. Is Norwegian accepting donations for the crew during

this time? I am thinking of our butler on the Encore who is from Eastern Europe who

most assuredly is stuck on the ship because his contract wasn't ending until

June and there would be no flights back home. This type of scenario bothers me

so much that I was wondering if Norwegian has any way of taking contributions from

people who are not on the ship.

• Haha 1

I personally would not donate any money through NCL.  I'm afraid their "administrative fees", and just general corporate confusion at the moment,  might take a big portion of it before the crew ever got it.   If I knew a crew member personally and they needed it, I'd give direct if that's even possible now.  

• Like 2

On a side note: NCL can follow RCL.  Royal Caribbean is moving forward with a plan to deploy several ships within their fleet, including inter-ship transfers, to take their crew members home instead of trying to book flights when key gateway cities are either closed or on lock down ...  Read an article yesterday about a faith-based non-profit charity known for their work to the mariner's community in reaching out to help and giving support, assistance, etc.  Cannot find the link at the moment from my tablet. 

Given all the discussion by "others" about not being able to get a refund on a reasonably timely basis during this exceptional period vis-a-vis FCC, not sure if I would depend upon #trust #cough #cough NCL to properly handle, manage and ensure that a restricted "donation" will be directly given ... without taking an administrative overhead, like 20%, for the convenience - IMHO, of course. 

Alas, the old saying ... we strongly believe in the notion of "charity begins at home"  with millions already unemployed, including many millennials on Main Street America with equally pressing financial needs.  Of course, we each have our own priorities and preference on how & where, how & what to do about helping the neediest of the needy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, phillyguy31 said:

Keep in mind we don't even know who is still on the ships. All of the line are sending people home.

Apparently, they wish!   Here is an article about that from yesterday. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-restricts-new-air-travel-for-cruise-ship-passengers/ar-BB12cww2?ocid=spartandhp

Your heart is in the right place but nobody should be donating money to NCL in the hopes they donate it to their crew members. NCL should step up and take care of their employees on their own or through lending/grants etc they can obtain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

On a side note: NCL can follow RCL.  Royal Caribbean is moving forward with a plan to deploy several ships within their fleet, including inter-ship transfers, to take their crew members home instead of trying to book flights when key gateway cities are either closed or on lock down ...  Read an article yesterday about a faith-based non-profit charity known for their work to the mariner's community in reaching out to help and giving support, assistance, etc.  Cannot find the link at the moment from my tablet. 

Given all the discussion by "others" about not being able to get a refund on a reasonably timely basis during this exceptional period vis-a-vis FCC, not sure if I would depend upon #trust #cough #cough NCL to properly handle, manage and ensure that a restricted "donation" will be directly given ... without taking an administrative overhead, like 20%, for the convenience - IMHO, of course. 

Alas, the old saying ... we strongly believe in the notion of "charity begins at home"  with millions already unemployed, including many millennials on Main Street America with equally pressing financial needs.  Of course, we each have our own priorities and preference on how & where, how & what to do about helping the neediest of the needy. 

And I believe that too and am already helping those in the NY area and in my hometown. Numerous care packages

have gone out from me  to people in our own country.