Will the Gem sail to Bermuda on May15th

Margie 1221,

Thank you so much for your kindness.God bless. I expect you even believe in God.

You have renewed my faith in humanity. I am a retired RN who worked 40 years and would be out there now if I were able.Please pray for our nurses,I am.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, margie1221 said:

Wow - VERY sad to read such snarky sarcastic comments on this one - she’s a newer member looking to experienced cruisers for their prediction - NO official word from NCL has been issued for this date yet, so why don’t you nicely say “I don’t think it will sail” and provide any source of information that you have - either factual or conjecture - that would be helpful for her to learn what may or may not happen

Good grief. This has nothing to do with being an experienced cruiser or not. Unless you are living in a shell you realize cruises will not be returning next Month. 

• Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, Marygracie C. said:

We are booked on NCL Gem sailing from Boston to Bermuda leaving on May 15th.We are hopefully hoping it will sail;we however are not clueless about the situation in the world.Any ideas?

Uh - here’s the original post: “Any ideas”- presumed she meant, “in your experience, what will happen next?”  refund, rebook, etc - also says she’s ”not clueless” - OR living in a shell (like me?!) - OK so roll your eyes, shake your head, throw your arms in the air, utter an expletive if you need to - then move on to the next thread in which you could potentially make a valuable contribution 

Edited by margie1221
Spelling
  • Like 1

I agree with you Laszlo! I think the biggest issue will be persuading, possibly even guaranteeing, port of call that all pax will be Covid-19 FREE!  Otherwise, the Ports won't want any cruise ship to dock and disembark pax which could easily spread this horrid virus.  

Patience, it's all we have to have right now.  We're not going any where for a while.  Keep safe, stay home, stay healthy.  All the best to everyone. 

• Like 4

Let me make this clear.......Until there's a vaccine, we're either going to need to continue doing what we're doing now, or, we'll see the rate of increase resume shortly after businesses reopen. Can't have it both ways. We won't see "normal" until there's a vaccine. No MLB, NHL, or NFL seasons this year. No sports period. No concerts. No bars, no restaurants, No cruising..... Nothing that involves a group gathering. People will need to continue to wear masks. Only hope between now and when a vaccine is readily available is that there are treatments available so fewer people will die from the coronavirus. But until there's a vaccine, the virus is in control

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Marygracie C. said:

Thank you.This is fairly new territory for me. I will try to follow the thread.There have been many insightful and helpful responses and I thank you.However,if you go to the thread for this cruise,many people think it is a go.The cruise in part is sponsored by a popular NCL duo .My guess is I would be surprised to see the Gem sail on May 15th,However,This has been a time of surprises.

Faith is believing in what you know isn't so.  Think said by W.C. Fields.

• Like 1

A guy I work just came to me & told his Princess cruise for July to the western Caribbean was just cancelled.  His travel agent told him he heard all the cruise lines were cancelling until July. 

I worry if my parents will make it thru this will I ever see them again? Will I see my son or grandson again? Will my husband, other son and I survive. I work in a nursing home as a nurse exposed everyday. Have not seen my family for 4-7 weeks because I am afraid of exposing them to the virus. I get it. People are upset that their cruises are being canceled but we are talking about lives here. Cruises are not a priority or even feasible for a very very longtime.

• Like 2

These cruise ship passengers just wanted to get off their ship and go home - but will not be taking their chartered flight before a mandatory quarantine; and, most likely be subject to additional quarantine in their home country.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/americas/greg-mortimer-cruise-ship-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html

There are still, a good # of cruise ships at sea, some with passengers and crew, and, some with crew only ... with either confirmed and/or suspected respiratory illness.  

13 hours ago, hladygirl said:

I worry if my parents will make it thru this will I ever see them again? Will I see my son or grandson again? Will my husband, other son and I survive. I work in a nursing home as a nurse exposed everyday. Have not seen my family for 4-7 weeks because I am afraid of exposing them to the virus. I get it. People are upset that their cruises are being canceled but we are talking about lives here. Cruises are not a priority or even feasible for a very very longtime.

I truly hope you remain well and stay safe.  But, respectfully, this is a board about cruising so it's only natural for people to ask/chime in about that topic.  We should not chastise those who still want to discuss cruising just because we are in the midst of a pandemic.  (not suggesting your post is chastising, but many posts are).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hladygirl said:

Sending you good thoughts and prayers that you get through this.

On 4/5/2020 at 7:34 PM, seaman11 said:

why not use the may sailing thread ?

You can also look at the Bermuda board. That is where I first read Bermuda was locking down nobody in or out after a certain date. We are booked for June 12th. not sure that will happen but will continue to hope the island is Ok and will open by then. If no Bermuda then no cruise until later in the year.

Take care and be safe everybody (and please be nice).

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

You can also look at the Bermuda board. That is where I first read Bermuda was locking down nobody in or out after a certain date. We are booked for June 12th. not sure that will happen but will continue to hope the island is Ok and will open by then. If no Bermuda then no cruise until later in the year.

Take care and be safe everybody (and please be nice).

i love bermuda, i was looking to go back this summer,. we shall see. 

I know how you must be feeling.  I have a trip booked May 19 to fly to Vegas and meet my son for our birthdays. Supposed to fly to Lake Tahoe for a week and Idaho for a week and meet my sister in Seattle before flying home. 

I am waiting til mid May before cancelling my flights.  I haven't seen my son in a year, so we are hoping the west coast is less dangerous by then.  Hoping the HOT temp and dry air knock out the virus sooner there.  

WOW !!! India, Australia, Egypt, Florida etc. a hot climate does not make a difference to this virus. Please read the science, don’t risk you or your family’s life on any other “ expert “. Thanks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PAPAx5 said:

WOW !!! India, Australia, Egypt, Florida etc. a hot climate does not make a difference to this virus. Please read the science, don’t risk you or your family’s life on any other “ expert “. Thanks.

Clinical/health science as in medicine, not political or social science. That fixed your post up and clarify it further, IMHO, of course.  I trust you don't mind.