Celebrity Crew

MarkWiltonM

I just read that RCL is planning to use some of its ships (including Celebrity) to get crew members home.  They will also fly some crew members home.  Meanwhile, I know that there are some crew members/entertainers on the Silhouette who are self-isolating in guest cabins.  I'm not sure if that is everyone, or if it's because those crew members have become symptomatic and/or tested positive for coronavirus, or what. For the first couple of weeks after the Silhouette disembarked its last guests, at least most of the crew and entertainers were mingling onboard and appearing to have a great time.  I'm guessing there must have been some asymptomatic carriers of the virus who have since infected other crew members.  Anyone else have more info on the crew of Silhouette or other Celebrity ships?

15 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I just read that RCL is planning to use some of its ships (including Celebrity) to get crew members home.  They will also fly some crew members home.  Meanwhile, I know that there are some crew members/entertainers on the Silhouette who are self-isolating in guest cabins.  I'm not sure if that is everyone, or if it's because those crew members have become symptomatic and/or tested positive for coronavirus, or what. For the first couple of weeks after the Silhouette disembarked its last guests, at least most of the crew and entertainers were mingling onboard and appearing to have a great time.  I'm guessing there must have been some asymptomatic carriers of the virus who have since infected other crew members.  Anyone else have more info on the crew of Silhouette or other Celebrity ships?

Flying crew home ended at least for the USA.  Getting crew home will be a challenge.  Just think about Cunard that has dropped off passengers from Australia to the USA and is continuing on to Southampton. 

Will be months before cruising resumes.

The Captain from the Edge on Sunday was showing video of some of their crew disembarking in Port Everglades to head home so as of yesterday crew members were still leaving.   I knew someone on Silhouette and they were sent home when it came into Port Everglades on 4/1.  At first they thought they were going to have to stay on but at the last minute got new orders and flight info and they were on their way home.  I saw the Silhouette was in Miami (I think) over the weekend, so was surprised to see it back in port so quickly but I'm only guessing they may have released some more crew when they could.  (again I'm just guessing)

I thought it was a great idea what RCCL and Celebrity are doing to get crew home from Australia.  Maybe they will have to resort to something similar here near North America because I can't imagine the ships are going to just hang out for months off Florida.