CHANDRIS CRUISELINE /CELEBRITY

adaemma

In the last week of September 2001, we were to cruise in Europe for our 20th anniversary on board CHANDRIS Cruises. After 911 The cruise line went bankrupt in the middle of a cruise and left passengers off at some port in Europe. It was complete chaos because everyone had to find a way home on their own.

It was a big disappointment for us because although we had visited Europe before this would have been our first Europe Cruise. 
Sometime later they were bought by a new cruise line that became Celebrity and Azamara .

Fast forward 38 years later we have been on 36+ cruises including 3 TA.  We became loyal fans to Celebrity but have included RCCL and HOLLAND. Because of medical issues my husband can no longer cruise but I have many cruises scheduled in my mind as soon as the dust settles. 

4 minutes ago, adaemma said:

In the last week of September 2001, we were to cruise in Europe for our 20th anniversary on board CHANDRIS Cruises. After 911 The cruise line went bankrupt in the middle of a cruise and left passengers off at some port in Europe. It was complete chaos because everyone had to find a way home on their own.

It was a big disappointment for us because although we had visited Europe before this would have been our first Europe Cruise. 
Sometime later they were bought by a new cruise line that became Celebrity and Azamara .

Fast forward 38 years later we have been on 36+ cruises including 3 TA.  We became loyal fans to Celebrity but have included RCCL and HOLLAND. Because of medical issues my husband can no longer cruise but I have many cruises scheduled in my mind as soon as the dust settles. 

@adaemma

Howdy and welcome back to Cruise Critic! emo22.gif I see it has been a while since you have posted on the message boards.

Thank you for your post on the Cruise Blogs & Websites forum. 👍  However, your post is off-topic here. This forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-type cruise-related blogs or websites with their fellow Cruise Critic members. I suggest you re-post your above message in a more correct forum or thread. In your case, I suggest checking out the What Ever Happened To........??? forum. That is the place to discuss the glorious past of cruising...the ships, the people, the cruise lines, the ports that bring back those wonderful memories, etc.

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new or experienced cruisers! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the  Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Anytime you need to start a new thread/topic on a forum, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry as that sort of information will help the members have the information they need in order to reply back to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif