CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

50 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Get-in-there!....Back of the net! Cheque received today! 

They think it's all over - it is now! 

(Applied 16 March for 28 March sailing)

However, I will now be ramping up my efforts to gain a refund from MSC, for a 22 April cruise. No communication from them 🙄

Would just like to thank everyone who has shared their experiences, tips and advice on this thread. It has been really helpful and supportive.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Your turn will come, just hang on in there, and keep your foot on the pedal.

I will have to find out where my nearest bank is now that so many branches have closed just been in case they send my refund again now that it is being looked at.

20 minutes ago, RockyRose said:

Me too, Yipee just checked our bank account and we have won today’s P&O raffle, still awaiting deposit on credit card and shore excursions booked, but at least balance has been returned, only taken them, — days.

Fantastic news,it's nice to see more members getting their refunds.

49 minutes ago, smj777 said:

I got a reply from P&O when I complained that I was still waiting for my refund. They said that every day they put all the cancelled cruise payment requests in a large hat and draw out 100, which they refund. They said any passengers who complain won't even have their requests go in the hat. So there!

Sounds like they got that system from Henry Root - wet fish merchant ( retired ) 😂

It beggars belief what they are doing, some people not getting their refunds but some of us have had our refunds and are getting emails ( 2 myself ) telling us that our refund requests are being actioned.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RockyRose said:

Me too, Yipee just checked our bank account and we have won today’s P&O raffle, still awaiting deposit on credit card and shore excursions booked, but at least balance has been returned, only taken them, — days.

Congratulations, hope the rest of what you're owed comes through soon.👍

Day 60 reached and still no sign of the remainder of our refund.

Back to back cruises booked 7 - 28 May ( we should be flying home from Valletta this evening), refund for 1st 2 weeks received over a week ago, still waiting for final week. We claimEd refunds for both same day and we had to pay final bill in one go, so why have they split refund without explanation. My wife will be on the phone in the morning to request the refund now 60 days have past and we were promised categorically that refund for our cruises would be with us by 28 May 2020. 

21 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

Congratulations, hope the rest of what you're owed comes through soon.👍

Thank you, because of having to fill out the shore excursions form later on that wehadn’t been told about they aren’t due till July 

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, our problem was didn't have a paying in slip.  Haven't seen a cheque in years.  Luckily they paid by BACS

Do you have a cheque book Jean? If so this should have a few paying in slips at the back of the cheques.

5 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

My theory is that P&O are taking their IT lead from National Savings and Investment Premium Bonds...

Escalating

Random Cruise

Numbers

Including

Everyone's delayed refund

ERNIE

The next draw is on 2nd June, good luck 😉

NS&I IT is no better than P&O we’ve been trying to sort something relatively simple out for 6 months now might as well talk to P&O 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

NS&I IT is no better than P&O we’ve been trying to sort something relatively simple out for 6 months now might as well talk to P&O 🤷‍♂️

Sadly the very occasional premium bond warrant never gets duplicated...bit of learning that NS&I can take from P&O there 😉

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do you have a cheque book Jean? If so this should have a few paying in slips at the back of the cheques.

Yes, found it the other day, but no paying slips in it.

Interestingly, at work, we made the decision this year not to accept cheques any more.  So people either have to click the link in our email and pay that way, do a bank transfer, or ring our number and pay with a debit/credit card.  Since the pandemic started, we also don't accept cash.  Yippee

Edited by jeanlyon

Further to an earlier post I made, blaming quite rightly myself for most of the delays in our refund, I did contact one of the two people whose email addresses have been published on this site last Tuesday (19th).

I received the following last night:

'Thank you for sending the documentation to me and I apologise for the delay in responding to you.
I can confirm that I have requested a full refund for you. This will go back to the card used to pay for the on board account. Unfortunately however the refund is based on the date that we received the medical evidence so this will not be processed for some time. I apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Assuring you of our best intentions.'

Whilst I am in no way exonerating the way P&O and many other holiday companies have handled the Covid-19 situation occasionally, some of us (probably not many who post frequently on this site) but those who just view these threads need to be more proactive.

I wasn't so will just have to sit it out and will get my refund at some point.

Luckily, as posted before, we can afford to wait, whereas I am sure there are both posters and viewers on this site who need their refunds more urgently than us.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Congratulations to today's winners, really pleased for everyone who has waited so long. 

Lets hope for a rollover and more winners tomorrow. 

Andy 

Probably not many of the original cast waiting for refunds.

I think this thread will rollover with a number of new players with the next batch of cancellations.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, annarack said:

Refund received today!  73 days!  Cheque arrived today, for cruise 4th April Ventura, refund requested 16th March (the day P&O cancelled).  Good luck to everyone else.

Great news, thanks for posting.🍺🍹🍾

Edited by grapau27

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Anyone got any idea why some  people are receiving cheques, whereas others are being asked for bank details?

Personally, I wouldn't mind either - just something! 

I think originally P and O said that customers who booked direct with them would have refunds put back on the card they paid with and that people who had booked via TA's would be sent a cheque.It appears that people who have contacted P and O direct to 'chase' up their refunds have sometimes been asked for their bank details but I have not heard of anyone being phoned by P and O to ask for bank details unless the individual(s) has contacted P and O first.

My number came up in the lottery last night for A006 wonder when the next draw is for A011/012 and an excursion . Filled in the online claim form twice for it 23/3 and 23/4 because I’d put the wrong amount in first time and they’ve refunded the amount claimed on the 23/4 so take your pick as to how many days It was or how they’re deciding which order to pay the claims. 
No notification email apart from the 4 generic ones saying they’re working on the refunds on 19/5;

Edited by Manx buoy
  • Like 1

We received our refund back today for our Aurora 4th April 7 nighters money direct to bank. We now wait to see what is happening with our Iona cruise 14 nights departing 28th November 2020. I feel sorry for P&o employees and cruise line as no one could forsee this. Hope everyone gets their refund in a timely fashion, keep well everyone

Lynn & Dave

• Like 4