CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

16 hours ago, pete14 said:

You can deposit money into many banks at a Post Office, provided you have a personalised paying in slip.

During the current crisis I belive you can pay in to a bank with a photo of your cheque.

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

During the current crisis I belive you can pay in to a bank with a photo of your cheque.

But only on a smart phone with a banking app., there will be a lot more people who don't do mobile banking than do.

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But only on a smart phone with a banking app., there will be a lot more people who don't do mobile banking than do.

That facility is available whether or not there is a crisis but there are limits. On my Barclays app it is £1,000

2 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

My number came up in the lottery last night for A006 wonder when the next draw is for A011/012 and an excursion . Filled in the online claim form twice for it 23/3 and 23/4 because I’d put the wrong amount in first time and they’ve refunded the amount claimed on the 23/4 so take your pick as to how many days It was or how they’re deciding which order to pay the claims. 
No notification email apart from the 4 generic ones saying they’re working on the refunds on 19/5;

Good news that 1 refund turned up hopefully the others follow soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corydory said:

We received our refund back today for our Aurora 4th April 7 nighters money direct to bank. We now wait to see what is happening with our Iona cruise 14 nights departing 28th November 2020. I feel sorry for P&o employees and cruise line as no one could forsee this. Hope everyone gets their refund in a timely fashion, keep well everyone

Lynn & Dave

Good news that your refund has arrived.

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Probably not many of the original cast waiting for refunds.

I think this thread will rollover with a number of new players with the next batch of cancellations.

Please dont abandon me. I'm still waiting for the first batch of cancellations. March Azura  trabsatlantic. Think I'm on day 74 but no luck in today's draw. Viv 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, staygulf said:

That facility is available whether or not there is a crisis but there are limits. On my Barclays app it is £1,000

Yes my limit is £1000 so that wouldn't have worked.  Glad I was paid by BACS

19 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Please dont abandon me. I'm still waiting for the first batch of cancellations. March Azura  trabsatlantic. Think I'm on day 74 but no luck in today's draw. Viv 

I won't Viv and sure the other regulars won't either.

Keep checking your bank/cc as my refund turned up in my bank after 4pm.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes it's odd.  Normally you would expect something after midnight, but I looked at my bank in the morning and there was nothing, then late in the afternoon, it was there.

Usually when I transfer money from my building society to my bank account they tell me the money will be in my bank by close of business the next day so that's why I checked after 4pm for my P&O refund

Obviously Bacs can turn up any time of day.

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes it's odd.  Normally you would expect something after midnight, but I looked at my bank in the morning and there was nothing, then late in the afternoon, it was there.

Same thing, nothing in the morning then in the afternoon appeared 

My 1st post......and a good one too!

Refund received today for Oceana cruise No E012B which would have ended yesterday.

Filled claim form in on April 3rd so it's day 56.

Had no other communication from P&O since (other than the 1 from Paul Ludlow).

Money paid back onto CC. I rang CC company and they have transferred money to my current account.

Just waiting now for refund for Monaco GP excursion that i booked with P&O.

Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tablelamp said:

I paid for my mid May cruise by Debit card, I wonder if they will put my refund, when it comes, straight into my bank account.?

That’s what happened with us paid to TA but shown on bank statement as paying P&O 2 repayments deposit and balance. Now wait for the next ones 

13 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Refund received today for Oceana cruise No E012B which would have ended yesterday.

Money paid back onto CC. I rang CC company and they have transferred money to my current account.

Somebody on FB was charged £39 to transfer the money from their cc to their bank.  Odd!

Somebody on FB was charged £39 to transfer the money from their cc to their bank.  Odd!

Perhaps they still had money on their credit card and the cruise wasn’t taking them into a ‘positive’ balance. In that scenario, a balance transfer will always incur a percentage fee.

4 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I paid for my mid May cruise by Debit card, I wonder if they will put my refund, when it comes, straight into my bank account.?

You could ring or email P&O to confirm.

If you booked direct there is no reason why they shouldn't.

3 hours ago, Dave K said:

Great news Dave and in reasonable time for P&O refunds.