CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news Dave and in reasonable time for P&O refunds.

Was expecting to start calling them at day 60 so a pleasant surprise when i checked CC account today.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yours must be the record wait.

It makes a mockery of Ludlows up to 60 days claim.

He must be so upset with letting down his customers. He might well be personally stressed and that has my sympathy but I suspect he has little power over what is going on.

I expect when all this is over Carnival will have a little shake up of all the top dogs and they will install new figure heads so we can regain trust.

Possibly, just possibly, we might see through that ruse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

He must be so upset with letting down his customers. He might well be personally stressed and that has my sympathy but I suspect he has little power over what is going on.

I expect when all this is over Carnival will have a little shake up of all the top dogs and they will install new figure heads so we can regain trust.

Possibly, just possibly, we might see through that ruse.

Ludlow has kept very quiet about the refunds process and showed no leadership and I think you are right there will be a new figurehead once they start sailing again.

Edited by grapau27

Day 61, my wife enquired why we hadn’t received the refund for 3rd leg of cruise despite putting in refund on same day as other 2 legs and having that confirmed by the dodgy email & “invoice” Appears that it may have been missed as they say they only received refund request for first 2, good job we kept a screenshot of forms before submitting. They now say we will get remainIng £3k on Tuesday it’s being escalated. 

We will wait and see.

I appreciate staff maybe working remotely but P&O Systems are a mess and need a good shake up. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 3

If they survive and mean to go forward, perhaps a total shake up of their IT functions will be a benefit to come out of all this?

It’ll cost in the first instance but surely it’ll pay for itself in time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

If they survive and mean to go forward, perhaps a total shake up of their IT functions will be a benefit to come out of all this?

Let’s hope they re do there awful booking site, old one was much easier to use.

It’s really annoying isn’t it, when IT/website which has been working really well, gets *improved*

I agree with you.  I think the current P&O/Cunard is just awful.  Counter-intuitive, unhelpful ... you name it.  If there an irritation available, they’ve added it! 🙄

Now on day 73 after requesting refund.  Last week I called P&O to confirm if they had received the refund request and if they had credit card details for the refund.  I was told that we would get the refund this week as they would be concentrating on over 70's.  This has not happened so called again.  

The person I spoke to has escalated it to the finance department as she can't understand why we haven't received the refund as some earlier requests had already been actioned - hopefully this will happen.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I agree, but their IT has been absolutely dire for at least a decade and they have done nothing about it. With all the issues that they will be facing just trying to remain solvent, I fear that investment in things like IT will be low on their list even though, as you say, it would probably pay for itself. As well as a new ‘President’ they need a new Head of IT who will fight that corner. 

• Like 1

Hello,  I have been following this thread as I was waiting for a refund,  same cruise as a few other people on here 12th April to Canaries on Arcadia.  We filled in the P&O online form on 30 March after it was cancelled,  and, I'm pleased to say, had a cheque through the post today for a full refund. I had not called or emailed P&O and it would have been Day 60 tomorrow. 

Cruise Date  12/04/2020

Refund Request 30/03/2020

Refund Received 29/05/2020 (cheque) 

Very happy.  Now hoping our New Year Caribbean Cruise will go ahead!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, sjo82v said:

Hello,  I have been following this thread as I was waiting for a refund,  same cruise as a few other people on here 12th April to Canaries on Arcadia.  We filled in the P&O online form on 30 March after it was cancelled,  and, I'm pleased to say, had a cheque through the post today for a full refund. I had not called or emailed P&O and it would have been Day 60 tomorrow. 

Cruise Date  12/04/2020

Good news. 

Your patience paid off. 

Andy 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sjo82v said:

Cruise Date  12/04/2020

Congratulations,great news.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

I paid for my mid May cruise by Debit card, I wonder if they will put my refund, when it comes, straight into my bank account.?

Assuming you booked direct with P&O, then they should do. I paid my deposit on my cancelled cruise using my debit card and the balance via my credit card, and the deposit was refunded to my bank account and the balance refunded to my credit card, both on the same day. That was in spite of my debit card having time-expired since I used it for the deposit, and having been replaced by one with a different long number. So I was quite impressed. Less impressed by how long I had had to wait for the refund, of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiselover04 said:

Day 72 here. One phone call, 3 emails and one message via FB messenger & no refund yet. 
Will call again on Monday, I’ll have to set alarm for 4am so I can call as they open, I hope it’ll be worth it. 

Good luck, fingers crossed for you. 

Ours did arrive unexpectedly last weekend, so maybe you will get a surprise. 

Andy 

• Like 1

For reference, it's been mentioned on another thread but relevant to this one, that there is a spoof Twitter account calling itself "PandOSupport" with the official logo, giving out incorrect information about refunds.  It does not seem to have sent many Tweets it appears.

P&O have cited this on their official Twitter account.  Just in case anyone had tried Twitter and contacted the wrong one and/or had got any incorrect update information.  

The official one is @pandocruises

Edited by No pager thank you
Clarification

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

They ought to have known their IT organisation was a failure many years ago, in the same way they ought to know their Customer service dept is rubbish, and their PR profile is well below zero, but they don't. 

4 hours ago, sjo82v said:

Cruise Date  12/04/2020

Your details are exactly the same as ours, with one major difference.  Care to guess? 

I've been patient so far, but if the postman hasn't brought my cheque by Monday, I'll be on the phone. 

Just as an aside, I'm not sure why you are happy, just because you have got your own money back, 7 weeks too late!

For reference, it's been mentioned on another thread but relevant to this one, that there is a spoof Twitter account calling itself "PandOSupport" with the official logo, giving out incorrect information about refunds.  It does not seem to have sent many Tweets it appears.

P&O have cited this on their official Twitter account.  Just in case anyone had tried Twitter and contacted the wrong one and/or had got any incorrect update information.  

The official one is@pandocruises

When you click on the fake account it says ‘pandosupport does not exist’.... touché

Quite humorous that P&O get upset at an account giving ‘inaccurate refund timelines’.... imagine that [emoji23]
  • Haha 1

For those that have followed my posts I have had a very nice email from  PO telling me that they had inadvertently repaid my refund twice. They have given me the option to repay by cheque or bank transfer. I think I'll email them back and say I am out of the office for few days and this email address is unattended.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

For those that have followed my posts I have had a very nice email from  PO telling me that they had inadvertently repaid my refund twice. They have given me the option to repay by cheque or bank transfer. I think I'll email them back and say I am out of the office for few days and this email address is unattended.

Who said you have to reply straight away Bob , leave them guessing for a week or two?

Then eventually just give them " Sorry but due to my backlog of people wanting payments ,I will sort yours out soon 

as I reasonably can .Please be assured you will be paid back ."    😈:classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Once you have ordered a new cheque book and special pen to write said cheque then it will of course go to an office where, like P&O, someone is only in once a week to frank the envelope....

The franked envelope will then need to be checked, double-checked, and then audited for compliance purposes.

You will then need to seek permission from Cruise Critic HQ to send said cheque - second class, underpaid on franking, and post dated to the relevant date.

Will take a little while even with your very best efforts.... 😂

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Haha 1