CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

22 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

P&O have already sent an email to say that they've made an error, so pleading ignorance certainly wouldn't wash.  

Agree that there should certainly be no rush to repay them though. Would be interesting to see what they'd do. Also makes you wonder how many others they've refunded twice. 

I was refunded my balance in 66 days and my deposit was returned 4 days later so I got 2 payments.

Edited by grapau27

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not everything is a court case, but it just depends on what you're  reputation is worth to you. Mine's priceless. 

Avril 

I imagine it would be if you refused to pay back a large sum of money. I imagine most people wouldn't even contemplate keeping it. I accidentally stole (honest!) a bottle of wine from Sainsbury's a few weeks ago using their scan & go thing. The guilt weighed so heavily that I scanned an extra bottle the following week! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Refund and deposit seperately.

But not a double refund? The person who posted about their double refund had an email from P&O to tell them they've accidentally refunded the whole amount twice. That's what I was referring to. 

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

But not a double refund? My person who posted about their double refund had an email from P&O to tell them they've accidentally refunded the whole amount twice. That's what I was referring to. 

I know that's why I deleted the post,you were quicker than me.

😇

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I imagine it would be if you refused to pay back a large sum of money. I imagine most people wouldn't even contemplate keeping it. I accidentally stole (honest!) a bottle of wine from Sainsbury's a few weeks ago using their scan & go thing. The guilt weighed so heavily that I scanned an extra bottle the following week! 

Yes, I agree.  There is the point of course that P&O have retained most funds beyond the legal maximum of 14 days, so in an entirely just world, you would have thought that delayed refunds would be accompanied by at least a gesture of goodwill like OBC, which would have cost little in the grand scheme of things.  The lack of goodwill or customer service from P&O doesn't mean you can retain the further refund indefinitely, once it's requested. 

However, if Bob is busy, which I'm sure he is, then it might be the case that he is not immediately able to find his cheque book.😉

Deviating slightly from the nuances of double-refund etiquette, I do like the scan and shop devices, much better than enormously frustrating self checkouts which seem to alert the store supervisor every second item (no matter how honest you are!).😤

Edited by No pager thank you
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

As a retired fairly senior police officer I have no intention of doing time for PO. They will get it back, but I shall keep them waiting.

I totally agree with you.

I think if anyone was that way inclined they wouldn't have told everyone on here.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

No it’s for the poster giving you dodgy legal advice...

I wasn’t giving legal advice. I was suggesting spinning it out as far as possible just like they have done. They are prepared to flout well established UK law and expect no repercussions. 

• Like 1

e35ddf5a11a9af1390310161c65de180.jpg

Is Ludlow not directly responsible for Guest Services, Online engagement... will he need to fall on his sword after this awful saga?

It’s alright grinning like a Cheshire Cat while the going is good... but the lack of transparency and the lack of customer centricity through all this has shot holes in their customer base/loyalty.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

As a retired fairly senior police officer I have no intention of doing time for PO. They will get it back, but I shall keep them waiting.

I don't know why anyone is having a go at you. You never said other than you intended to repay the amount after making them wait a while and good on you. I agree with your sentiments entirely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PandNo Refund said:

e35ddf5a11a9af1390310161c65de180.jpg

Is Ludlow not directly responsible for Guest Services, Online engagement... will he need to fall on his sword after this awful saga?

It’s alright grinning like a Cheshire Cat while the going is good... but the lack of transparency and the lack of customer centricity through all this has shot holes in their customer base/loyalty.

There's no doubt a lot of people -me included- think that he should be held to account for the appalling conduct of the company. However,  even though he fronts the business, is he still not an employee of Carnival, and therefore doing his masters bidding? It could potentially be that they are extremely happy with the fact that he's held on to millions of pounds that they had no right to, without litigation (so far).

If he does have to fall on his sword, then would it be just for appearance sake, and with a massive pay off and a job in a sister company?

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth......

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

There's no doubt a lot of people -me included- think that he should be held to account for the appalling conduct of the company. However,  even though he fronts the business, is he still not an employee of Carnival, and therefore doing his masters bidding? It could potentially be that they are extremely happy with the fact that he's held on to millions of pounds that they had no right to, without litigation (so far).

If he does have to fall on his sword, then would it be just for appearance sake, and with a massive pay off and a job in a sister company?

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth......

Simon Palethorpe in Cunard has done exactly the same so I should imagine they are both following orders from the hierarchy from across the pond or at very least from David Dingle Chair of Carnival UK.

Making some progress at day  78 remains to be seen if the refund arrives ! and the FCC from my other cruise still hasn’t been applied and that ones at day 80 !......

Interestingly all the ‘refund’ or ‘lack of’ refund discussions on the Facebook page have suddenly disappeared probably as so many people were complaining there were so many of them......

Edited by Canberra forever !
Spelling

9 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I have no intention repaying them for a long time. It will be interesting how long it takes for their polite requests become more threatening.

I agree. If it were me I would do nothing. If the erroneous payment was via BACS they should have been able to reverse it (can’t remember the technical term, something like ‘payment in error’, but there is a process) and if it was by cheque they could have put a stop on it. They really are beyond incompetent and even if I had to return it legally I would make them wait up to 90 days, just as they have made their customers wait. You never know, they might give up chasing you, either because they can’t peruse you legally for their error or due to yet more incompetence. Stranger things have happened,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sussexboy said:

Got my refund for the Iona maiden yesterday. It was 57 days from my claim.

Interesting as I think we were under the false impression that the Iona Maiden had been prioritised for refunds. I had two separate bookings for that cruise and received them both 45 days after claiming them. Can’t think it would take 2 weeks to process one cruise, so the randomness of the refunds is very strange indeed. 

1 hour ago, Sussexboy said:

Got my refund for the Iona maiden yesterday. It was 57 days from my claim.

Which makes it worse for those of us that are still waiting , long after 57 days.

Glad you got your refund of course, but how on earth are P&O deciding the priority on refunds? Surely, after 10 weeks they should have sorted out a repayment schedule based on cruise date.  Any 12 year old could programme a schedule- unfortunately P&O seem to have neglected (I'm being kind) their whole IT department over recent years, hence the current debacle. 

Edited by wowzz