Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Twogreynomads

CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Once cruising restarts this could become the new over dinner topic, replacing how much/little you paid for your cruise, with how soon you got your refund!!!

I hope not. That would really cause trouble. They'd have to hide the knives 😠

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Once cruising restarts this could become the new over dinner topic, replacing how much/little you paid for your cruise, with how soon you got your refund!!!

I hope not.  We always try to get a table for 2 in MDR so we should be ok. 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Once cruising restarts this could become the new over dinner topic, replacing how much/little you paid for your cruise, with how soon you got your refund!!!

I never indulge in such vulgar conversation at dinner. If anyone asks me how much I paid for my cruise I tell them to mind their own business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, staygulf said:

I never indulge in such vulgar conversation at dinner. If anyone asks me how much I paid for my cruise I tell them to mind their own business. 

 

Me neither, besides whatever you have paid there will always be someone who will boast about paying less.

Edited by DamianG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I bumped into my sister's friend on Tesco car park this morning, she had been planning to go on her first cruise in July but obviously it has been cancelled.  She told me how impressed she and her husband have been with P&O's refund process.  Like most of us they filled in the refund request when P&O cancelled in April and they got their refund after 17 days.  It has made me wonder if P&O may have been prioritising first time cruisers given that most of us on this board are regular cruisers but have all waited for refunds indeed some are still waiting after more than 70 days.

Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DamianG said:

 

Me neither, besides whatever you have paid there will always be someone who will boast about paying less.

I always reverse it to say how much did you pay? Then reply with something non committal, which closes the conversation down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

If that was true Graham, a lot more would have received refunds earlier. 

It may have been the case in the end, but what were these staff doing for the first 6 weeks.. 

A company this size allowing staff to grab a handful is totally unbelievable to me, but then again, nothing would surprise me with P&O at the minute. 

Andy 

We said that to the customer relations rep but with no way of disproving her at the time we had to take her word for it.

I wonder if the staff got a bonus for the best fob off lie and for keeping most of us waiting 60+ days for our money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staygulf said:

I never indulge in such vulgar conversation at dinner. If anyone asks me how much I paid for my cruise I tell them to mind their own business. 

If asked I just say we go on that many cruises I can't remember how much it cost.😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DamianG said:

 

Me neither, besides whatever you have paid there will always be someone who will boast about paying less.

A family member always boasts she and her OH sails in a balcony cabin when in fact they sail in the cheapest inside cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I always reverse it to say how much did you pay? Then reply with something non committal, which closes the conversation down.

Good response.

I would never ask anyone how much they paid or what cabin they were in.

On Oriana years ago in club dining we were invited back to a families Suite for her birthday party and found out after the cruise when reading a paper the lady was a columnist for a daily newspaper.

Edited by grapau27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I always reverse it to say how much did you pay? Then reply with something non committal, which closes the conversation down.

I'm not so polite I'm afraid. When asked I alway say,  very nicely of course,  'that's absolutely none of your business'. That closes the conversation down too😉 You would be surprised at the different shades of red a person can turn. 😶

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PandNo Refund said:

Things seem to be improving - apparently the system for April onwards is now up and running, but March is still causing issues.

Lots of refunds appearing today, on a sunny Sunday... so at least it looks like they are trying to fix things now. People getting refunds after a 40 day wait, which was unheard of before.

I’m on day 38 so maybe see something in the coming week emoji1317.png

 

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I bumped into my sister's friend on Tesco car park this morning, she had been planning to go on her first cruise in July but obviously it has been cancelled.  She told me how impressed she and her husband have been with P&O's refund process.  Like most of us they filled in the refund request when P&O cancelled in April and they got their refund after 17 days.  It has made me wonder if P&O may have been prioritising first time cruisers given that most of us on this board are regular cruisers but have all waited for refunds indeed some are still waiting after more than 70 days.

 

I'm not sure on the theory of things getting better to be honest.  On "official" P&O Cruises Twitter and "official" Facebook respectively this morning, I have seen complaints of waits acknowledged by the company of 83, 78 and 79 days respectively.  I also have a small refund outstanding now on day 78.  If I recall correctly, Canberra Forever has now waited 80+ days.

 

There is no actual logic to this, however I do fear that my previous suggestion around P&O not being able to clear the refunds at the rate that they are added to, will make things worse before they get better.  This could be influencing the date of announcing the new wave of cancellations i.e. the Norwegians have closed their border until August 24th beyond the part Nordic "air bridge", so I fail to see how Iona will be travelling there from August 1st.  Hope to be wrong of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not so polite I'm afraid. When asked I alway say,  very nicely of course,  'that's absolutely none of your business'. That closes the conversation down too😉 You would be surprised at the different shades of red a person can turn. 😶

Avril 

I agree if someone is nosy like that they are not someone we would want to have a conversation with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I agree if someone is nosy like that they are not someone we would want to have a conversation with.

The funniest was when chatting to couple sitting on the deck. Conversation started out fine and then she asked "the question" I gave my standard reply and they both took off muttering how terribly rude I was. Not once realising that they were the rude ones.

Avril 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The funniest was when chatting to couple sitting on the deck. Conversation started out fine and then she asked "the question" I gave my standard reply and they both took off muttering how terribly rude I was. Not once realising that they were the rude ones.

Avril 

At least you had seen the last of them on your cruise.😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Guess what our post lady brought us today ? Go on, guess, you won't believe the answer!

No, not an Avon catalogue,  but a lovely shiny cheque ! Whoopee Do!

For information we requested a refund on March 29th for our Arcadia April 12th cruise. We had paid by cc through a TA. I haven't done any chasing, but was going to start doing so this week, as the 60 days have been reached.

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

 

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

Or it’s because it’s the nearest thing she’ll get to a P and O shore excursion for a good while 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Guess what our post lady brought us today ? Go on, guess, you won't believe the answer!

No, not an Avon catalogue,  but a lovely shiny cheque ! Whoopee Do!

For information we requested a refund on March 29th for our Arcadia April 12th cruise. We had paid by cc through a TA. I haven't done any chasing, but was going to start doing so this week, as the 60 days have been reached.

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

Well done wowzz your patience😉 has been rewarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Guess what our post lady brought us today ? Go on, guess, you won't believe the answer!

No, not an Avon catalogue,  but a lovely shiny cheque ! Whoopee Do!

For information we requested a refund on March 29th for our Arcadia April 12th cruise. We had paid by cc through a TA. I haven't done any chasing, but was going to start doing so this week, as the 60 days have been reached.

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

Congratulations

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Or it’s because it’s the nearest thing she’ll get to a P and O shore excursion for a good while 😜

Good idea - I'll charge her £30 for the excursion, and make a nice profit out of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Well done wowzz your patience😉 has been rewarded.

Thanks - I have to say my patience was on the verge of running out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Congratulations

 

Thanks - it seems very bizarre to get congratulations when all that is happening is that people are finally getting back their own money!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs! Guess what our post lady brought us today ? Go on, guess, you won't believe the answer!

No, not an Avon catalogue,  but a lovely shiny cheque ! Whoopee Do!

For information we requested a refund on March 29th for our Arcadia April 12th cruise. We had paid by cc through a TA. I haven't done any chasing, but was going to start doing so this week, as the 60 days have been reached.

So, off to Lincoln tomorrow to pay the cheque in. My wife will be coming with me - she says it's because it will be the first time she can dress up after 12 weeks, but I think it's to make sure I don't run off with the cheque!

 

Great news! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received mine today after being told on Friday by Cunard I would receive my refund by credit card because that is how I paid the balance and today received a cheque by post . You could not make it up it is that farcical do anyone at P&O/Cunard know what they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Good idea - I'll charge her £30 for the excursion, and make a nice profit out of it!

 

Good News, is it far to Lincoln - you may get chance to test your eyesight out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...