CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

18 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think I am a bitcoin millionaire according to my spam folder... 

Andy 

I have a new email address as I deleted another email address and all the spam has stopped.

Edited by grapau27

On 4/8/2020 at 11:23 AM, P&O SUE said:

Nothing for me yet but they’re working through them in date order. Shouldn’t be too much longer hopefully- which is handy as my washing machine has just broken! 🙄

you got your internet fixed yet? 
not going well if your washer has gone too and they do say it comes in threes 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

you got your internet fixed yet? 
not going well if your washer has gone too and they do say it comes in threes 

Nope, pathetic isn’t it?! Luckily I sorted myself a sim only contract with O2 with just a couple of clicks on their app. It comes with lots more data then I used to have. So at least I have internet from data although no WiFi.

Won’t see anything tomorrow as Bank Holiday I guess . John will phone again Tuesday🙄 

On 4/10/2020 at 3:24 PM, P&O SUE said:

Did you get an email that looked like the invoice you get when you book a cruise? That’s what I got but it went in my junk folder so I didn’t see it for a few days. 
I took a screenshot of the actual form I submitted because it didn’t look like a confirmation!

I believe we were booked on the same cruise and I cancelled (age grounds) on 16th March when P&O were still saying refunds up to 45 days.  Today I checked my Spam folder and there was the cancellation invoice, dated 25th March, but although it states 'Thank you we have received your payment to date of GBP £3256' it also shows underneath Cancellation Charges a total of £2930.40, with no further explanation.  That reads to me like they are planning on refunding me 10% only!

Was your cancellation invoice different?

Edited by mrsgoggins

25 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I believe we were booked on the same cruise and I cancelled (age grounds) on 16th March when P&O were still saying refunds up to 45 days.  Today I checked my Spam folder and there was the cancellation invoice, dated 25th March, but although it states 'Thank you we have received your payment to date of GBP £3256' it also shows underneath Cancellation Charges a total of £2930.40, with no further explanation.  That reads to me like they are planning on refunding me 10% only!

I haven't received my cancellation invoice yet, but my understanding is that many were advised they would receive an incorrect cancellation invoice as the system is set up to what you would have been charged had you cancelled under usual circumstances, but you will receive the full amount. 

Andy 

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I haven't received my cancellation invoice yet, but my understanding is that many were advised they would receive an incorrect cancellation invoice as the system is set up to what you would have been charged had you cancelled under usual circumstances, but you will receive the full amount. 

Andy 

Thank you SO much for that Andy.  I can calm down now ..... 😊

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thank you SO much for that Andy.  I can calm down now ..... 😊

My pleasure. 

Just one more tip, check your bank regularly as they don't seem to be advising when it has been refunded. 

Please keep us updated as there are lots of us in the same boat, so any advice of what to expect would be appreciated. 

Andy 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

My pleasure. 

Just one more tip, check your bank regularly as they don't seem to be advising when it has been refunded. 

Please keep us updated as there are lots of us in the same boat, so any advice of what to expect would be appreciated. 

Andy 

I will definitely report any success.  I expect the monies to be refunded to credit card(s) - possibly plural because I paid the deposit and balance on different cards - but I do check these online most days.  Fingers crossed for us all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

I had a fit when I saw my cancellation notice too but there was another one saying to ignore it  !

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

My pleasure. 

Andy 

The beauty of online banking is I can keep checking my Credit Card balance and will post when/if we get our refund for our Azura TA cancellation.

Got our cc chargeback for our Flybe flight.

• Like 1

A little Tip for anyone expecting a refund .

If you have used a credit card keep your eye on the statement for that card .

When our refund came it showed up that our credit card had been credited a refund from P&O.

Nothing then happened for weeks and I could not understand why the money was not back in our bank ?

I had to phone the credit card up and ask them to refund it back into my bank account .

They just held it as a credit on my credit card .

I was told that moving the money to my bank needed my authorisation before they could do that.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

A little Tip for anyone expecting a refund .

If you have used a credit card keep your eye on the statement for that card .

When our refund came it showed up that our credit card had been credited a refund from P&O.

Nothing then happened for weeks and I could not understand why the money was not back in our bank ?

I had to phone the credit card up and ask them to refund it back into my bank account .

They just held it as a credit on my credit card .

I was told that moving the money to my bank needed my authorisation before they could do that.

Good point.

Our cc is different company from our bank so will be proactive when the refund hopefully turns up.

• Thanks 1

Only use a debit card and no longer a credit card but just wondering whether any refund credited to your credit card account is automatically used to clear any balance owed, however caused, rather than credited back to your bank in full, thereby leaving a credit card balance owing? If a debit card is used and a refund credited to the bank, if the account is overdrawn, this will be cleared first. Not wanting to cause alarm but I am curious. Of course, if a credit card is paid off in full every month, just like a bank account that is not overdrawn, this will not apply.

8 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

.......but isn't that what they would normally do when you get a refund credited to your card?

For some weird reason I'd got it into my head that it would go back to my bank account , which clearly 

is not the case . I have never had a refund using a credit card before ,so it was a first for me.

That is why I posted for others who may not be aware that this will happen .

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Only use a debit card and no longer a credit card but just wondering whether any refund credited to your credit card account is automatically used to clear any balance owed, however caused, rather than credited back to your bank in full, thereby leaving a credit card balance owing? If a debit card is used and a refund credited to the bank, if the account is overdrawn, this will be cleared first. Not wanting to cause alarm but I am curious. Of course, if a credit card is paid off in full every month, just like a bank account that is not overdrawn, this will not apply.

If you have, say,  £2000 outstanding on your credit card, and receive £3000 refund, the refund will be used to clear the debt, thus leaving you in a credit position of £1000    on your card.

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I am sure that would be the case in the situations you describe.  We pay our cc balances off in full every month and so normally anything credited is just offset by our expenditure.  However, with no cruises or holidays to pay for, a £3k plus refund will take some using up and so I may even request a refund to my bank.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

If you have, say,  £2000 outstanding on your credit card, and receive £3000 refund, the refund will be used to clear the debt, thus leaving you in a credit position of £1000    on your card.

That is what I thought. Hopefully people are happy to have a zero balance on their credit card and less than expected returned to their bank account.

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

That is what I thought. Hopefully people are happy to have a zero balance on their credit card and less than expected returned to their bank account.

Although, as others have said, you will have to make specific arrangements to transfer any credit balance to your bank. It will  ot happen automatically. 

49 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The only thing that is automatic on my card is the Debit payment .

I have a standing order to pay the full balance every month regardless of what I spend .

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t think this is correct. I am sure I thought this would happen once, when I received a refund, but it didn’t and I was charged debit interest because I had not made a payment.

My advice would be to check with your credit card provider.

1 minute ago, YORKI1 said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t think this is correct. I am sure I thought this would happen once, when I received a refund, but it didn’t and I was charged debit interest because I had not made a payment.

My advice would be to check with your credit card provider.

I can imagine there might be an issue if a refund was credited to your card, after the statement date.  You would still have to pay the amount as per the statement as the refund would then be used as a contra for the following month,  if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

When we cancelled a cruise in October 18 we received a 50% refund from P&O and 50% at a later date from the insurance company.

Both resulted in a credit balance on the card.

On both occasions I just phoned the card provider and asked them to refund the exact amounts to my bank account.

My direct debit then paid the outstanding balance as normal on the due date.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pete14 said:

As someone who until last year worked in banking - it is not possible for the banks to clear one account from another. Your credit card and cheque account are treated separately and the banks have no powers to transfer money between your accounts. (Unless of course you have a regular standing order set up)

• Like 2