CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

I can imagine there might be an issue if a refund was credited to your card, after the statement date.  You would still have to pay the amount as per the statement as the refund would then be used as a contra for the following month,  if that makes sense. 

Yes it does.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Has anyone else received a refund yet? Anyone?

The refund from Gatwick parking took 2 days and the one from Marriot 5 days. Nothing from Celebrity yet,but only about 3 weeks so far😁. It shows a minus balance on my card. My DW said we had to use it up at the Michael Kors shop. Sorry my angle that's closed. Minus Avios points as well.😪

3 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I am day 37 of the 45 day wait they notified.  Nothing on my credit cards today. Living in hope.

mrsgoggins - are you counting days as in Mon - Fri working days or actual number of days. I am also waiting for the  refund  for  the same cruise as grapau27.  I try not to check the credit card every day but as the CC monthly statement payment date is  due I keep hoping that it will be paid off by the refund. 

12 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

mrsgoggins - are you counting days as in Mon - Fri working days or actual number of days. I am also waiting for the  refund  for  the same cruise as grapau27.  I try not to check the credit card every day but as the CC monthly statement payment date is  due I keep hoping that it will be paid off by the refund. 

I was told by P&O 45-60 days.

Most credit staff are working from home and have their own case loads of passenger refunds to work on.

Some might work longer hours or quicker than others so the refunds are not done in order of cancelling or cruise date.

Graham

Edited by grapau27

Was told by Cunard UK today by PM on their Facebook page after I queried my refund for cruise cancelled by Cunard that the reason for the delay is and I quote "As a result, we have minimal staff operating their day to day functions remotely from home, as well as refunding guests for our sister company, P&O Cruises".

1 hour ago, miniyorkie said:

As the legal limit for refunds is 14 days (not 14 working days) then people are being extremely tolerant giving them a straight 45 days.

Ill be interested to hear if anyone gets the refund within that period.

8 hours ago, miniyorkie said:

I’m counting the number of actual days - P&O said 45 days, not 45 working days.  I cancelled on 14th March (not 16th as I’d said in one post) and at that time there was no mention of 45-60 days.  I check my credit cards and bank statements online most days so that is not something extra I am doing.

I understand about the 14 days in which they should have made the refund but I am trying to be understanding of the situation.  As I write I am at day 38, and a week from today I will not be pleased if the refund is not back and will then be chasing P&O.

I wonder how P&O would react if customers decided they'd ignore the terms and conditions - just as P&O are doing?  I think we know the answer to that one.

Something on the lines of - "Sorry, can't pay the final balance.  Run out of money."  Much like what P&O are doing.

Can you really ever trust a company, now or in the future when things return to normal, if it's prepared to ignore its legal obligations?  What else does it sweep under the carpet?

• Like 2

Still waiting (Same cruise as OP who had their refund)

Requested day after it was cancelled.

Lost my faith in P&O, I appreciate the unusual circumstances but would expect to be treated as they would expect to be treated, will not be parting with any more cash up front to P&O.

• Like 1

It does not make it right, but this is far from being just a P&O issue.  My cancelled cruise would have been only my 3rd with P&O, whereas I have taken many more with Celebrity (owned by Royal Caribbean) and that's also who my future bookings are with, although currently I only have moveable deposits at stake with them.  I just took a look at their forum and the issues are just the same, or maybe worse - folk with March cruises cancelled and still no refunds yet (my P&O cruise was to have been on 4th April).

I stress again, this does not make it right - and I am someone who has posted her annoyance at the preferential (IMO) booking conditions available to North American customers with other lines, ie penalty-free cancellations right up to final payment (although the cruise companies have been trying to wean said customers off this by offering better prices for those prepared to lose some money if cancelling), but I am prepared to give them the 45 days they quoted in these difficult times.  I appreciate that it is not easy for everyone to do this.  My cancelled cruise was an Easter one and so I assume that there would have been many families booked, some of whom will have no doubt been badly affected financially by what is happening to the economy and really need to have their money refunded asap.

I'll still only relax when there are reports of more of these refunds coming through.

I am still awaiting refund too. Isn't it ironic that I cancelled reservations at Epicurean and Sindhu together with 3 shore excursions on Sunday, 15th March, the day before I received formal notification of the cancellation from P&O on the 16th as we knew the TA wasn't going ahead. This totalled £392 and guess what? Yes, all these were credited to my card on 16th March! 1 day later!

However, 1 order included 3 shore excursions and due to an issue with the P&O Personaliser I could only cancel 1 of the 3, so I still have 2 excursions amounting to £172 awaiting refund. 

I submitted my claim for full refund of the cruise fare (and all associated other amounts - shore excursions and pre paid flight seats as advised by phone by P&O) on 17th March, so I am counting 45 days from there (1st May). However, due to a change in process by P&O it was necessary to submit yet another claim for any ancillary services booked prior to travel (excursions, flight seats, spa treatments etc) via another link. Many of us only found out about this from social media, NOT P&O. So I submitted another claim for £242 on 2nd April and at that time was quoted 60 days. I expect P&O to honour their timescales quoted at time of claim, not now 60 days as quoted by the CEO.

So, in one instance I cannot understand why items cancelled by me can be credited back within 1 working day (I was shocked when I checked my account 5 days after cancelling to see that the monies were there!), but P&O cannot process the refunds in a timely manner. 

As we both have been furloughed we need this money now, not in 2 months time!

BTW another cruise line (with a far bigger fleet than P&O) is quoting 30 days for refunds (which I am therefore, expecting before P&O timescale!). 

Edited by peteukmcr

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I’m counting the number of actual days - P&O said 45 days, not 45 working days.  I cancelled on 14th March (not 16th as I’d said in one post) and at that time there was no mention of 45-60 days.  I check my credit cards and bank statements online most days so that is not something extra I am doing.

I understand about the 14 days in which they should have made the refund but I am trying to be understanding of the situation.  As I write I am at day 38, and a week from today I will not be pleased if the refund is not back and will then be chasing P&O.

We cancelled March 13th.

My TA said 60-90 days 

P&O told me 45-60 days.

The P&O agents are working from home and each have a bundle of refunds to work on so some people might be quicker or work longer hours and their refunds might be for people who cancelled after us getting refunds first.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We cancelled March 13th.

My TA said 60-90 days 

P&O told me 45-60 days.

The P&O agents are working from home and each have a bundle of refunds to work on so some people might be quicker or work longer hours and their refunds might be for people who cancelled after us getting refunds first.

I cancelled directly with P&O (as I booked direct) online in response to their email - they provided a form for completion.  The wording at that time was most definitely 'Your refund will be processed within 45 days'.  I know this to be correct because I had written down the details on the front of the Holiday Information book and copied this statement word for word.  Note the 'within' ..... still living in hope!

We were supposed to be on the 4th April cruise. As far as I can work out my refund should be 30th April ish. 

my issue is that I have had no response to my claim form. I have however had a telephone conversation about it just in case to which they have specifically agreed to a refund in 45 days. 

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

I cancelled directly with P&O (as I booked direct) online in response to their email - they provided a form for completion.  The wording at that time was most definitely 'Your refund will be processed within 45 days'.  I know this to be correct because I had written down the details on the front of the Holiday Information book and copied this statement word for word.  Note the 'within' ..... still living in hope!

I also emailed Paul Ludlow and cancelled with one of his guest services girls and provided an email attachment of my hospital treatment for my heart attack.

We cancelled on 13th March which was Pauline's birthday.

Just received an email from P&O saying we will receive a cheque direct From P&O within 60 days of our cancellation.

Edited by grapau27

42 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

We were supposed to be on the 4th April cruise. As far as I can work out my refund should be 30th April ish. 

my issue is that I have had no response to my claim form. I have however had a telephone conversation about it just in case to which they have specifically agreed to a refund in 45 days. 

Ours was the Azura TA 20thMarch.

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Ours was the Azura TA 20thMarch.

haven’t you got your refund yet? 

mines a bit of a strange one. 
I had a complaint to which I got £250 either taken off the full amount outstanding or I could have it as onboard credit. 
so in total I paid £2640 as we took the £250 off. This was a complaint that went through abta in 2019. 

I got the email on 16th March and submitted the form for my refund. 
I got an email on 25th saying my cancellation charges were £2530. 

So I am expecting it on 30th. Not sure what amount but I really will be cross to lose my money for my complaint that I just used as credit towards a different holiday instead. I will be ok if they would like to move this to my other holiday in July 21 but I have no idea what they are doing or what’s going on. 

will just have to see next week 

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

haven’t you got your refund yet? 

mines a bit of a strange one. 
I had a complaint to which I got £250 either taken off the full amount outstanding or I could have it as onboard credit. 
so in total I paid £2640 as we took the £250 off. This was a complaint that went through abta in 2019. 

I got the email on 16th March and submitted the form for my refund. 
I got an email on 25th saying my cancellation charges were £2530. 

So I am expecting it on 30th. Not sure what amount but I really will be cross to lose my money for my complaint that I just used as credit towards a different holiday instead. I will be ok if they would like to move this to my other holiday in July 21 but I have no idea what they are doing or what’s going on. 

will just have to see next week 

Just received an email from P&O guest services saying that we will receive a cheque within 60 days of our cancellation.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Just received an email from P&O guest services saying that we will receive a cheque within 60 days of our cancellation.

if it was same time for cancellation as mine that was not what was agreed to. It was definitely 45 days. 
I can understand why they have pushed it back to 60 now with more cruises being cancelled but I am surprised that they can’t do ours within 45 days. 

it was 9 days from sending the email to getting the cancellation email. But surely the email was wrong that basically said that the cancellation charges applied. 

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

if it was same time for cancellation as mine that was not what was agreed to. It was definitely 45 days. 
I can understand why they have pushed it back to 60 now with more cruises being cancelled but I am surprised that they can’t do ours within 45 days. 

it was 9 days from sending the email to getting the cancellation email. But surely the email was wrong that basically said that the cancellation charges applied. 

They closed their office in Southampton and everyone is working from home at their own pace so some of us will wait different times.

33 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I had 2 emails from P&O after I submitted my claim for a refund on 17th March.

One was on 20th March stating again that the cruise was cancelled and the upcoming invoice would show cancellation fees are owed but to disregard this as no charges would be incurred.

Then I got the cancellation invoice on the 24th March, but it did not show any cancellation charges, just the total cruise fare.

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They closed their office in Southampton and everyone is working from home at their own pace so some of us will wait different times.

Morning  Graham. Thank you for your continued posts te the refund. I dont actually accept the working from home excuse. I am also wfh but that doesn't mean less productivity, and as I suspect they are not inundated with new bookings they have the availability to concentrate on refunds. Also not at all impressed if P.O now saying 60 days for those of us who were in the first batch of cancellations. 

• Like 3