New Azamara survey just received

combine

My DH has no issues in the list as far as he is aware but as has been confirmed by UK GPs on these boards they could be negligent if they sign such a blanket letter so will not. (Many conditions could exist but be undiagnosed and that applies to anyone or any age) 

Edited by uktog

4 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

If it does remain a permanent requirement, we will not be cruising either as we are both well over 70 and my DH has chronic bronchitis, so there’s no way a doctor would sign the current letter.

I responded to the survey. I found there were places where they asked for explanations and I was able to state the reason for not choosing Azamara for future cruises is the requirement for doctor’s permission slip needed for over 70s. I was hoping if they hear that enough maybe they would suggest to CLIA to reconsider.

• Like 1

I opened the email and started to fill it out but found they wasted no time getting to the point of asking personal income and net worth questions.  I found this too invasive and the fact that

there was no option to opt out makes me wonder why have the question included in the first place if most people either lie or end the survey?  For the record, I ended.

I think the correct response should include...."we make enough to have cruised with Azamara 8 times even at with the ridiculous prices they are now charging" now ask me something applicable to improving cruise options in the future!

• Like 1

FWIW, I received a survey very similar to this one several months ago, long before Coronavirus.  It had the income and net worth questions then, too.  I wonder if they just recycled the older survey and maybe changed a couple of questions?

5 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

FWIW, I received a survey very similar to this one several months ago, long before Coronavirus.  It had the income and net worth questions then, too.  I wonder if they just recycled the older survey and maybe changed a couple of questions?

I had the previous one, the focus of this one was different. It was clearly looking at how to ramp up post shutdown eg would you book excursions, what steps would you like to make it safer etc etc 

11 hours ago, combine said:

Well, well well! Following my original post 11 hours ago, it seems that there is now the option ‘I prefer not to answer’ on Q 4 and 5

Being that I have some time on my hands right now, I may see how much further I can get on the survey.

Thanks to those of you who mentioned the change.

And, thank you, combine, for calling our attention to this. Yesterday I shared that the first 3 out of 4 posters on this thread did not complete the survey due to the income question. While I didn't find it offensive when I read through the survey, it is a pretty standard question, the office listened and made it optional.

We thank everyone who has filled out the survey to date. This survey was sent to Azamara Circle guests, aka past passengers. If you did not get it and would like to add your voice, please email Sandra at LoyaltyAmbassador@Azamara.com. She can send you a link. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

And, thank you, combine, for calling our attention to this. Yesterday I shared that the first 3 out of 4 posters on this thread did not complete the survey due to the income question. While I didn't find it offensive when I read through the survey, it is a pretty standard question, the office listened and made it optional.

We thank everyone who has filled out the survey to date. This survey was sent to Azamara Circle guests, aka past passengers. If you did not get it and would like to add your voice, please email Sandra at LoyaltyAmbassador@Azamara.com. She can send you a link. 

I don't get any mail any more. Not for a couple of years at least. I have reset and signed on several times, the last time after the name change. Still no mail. Not that it so important, but the system is not optimal. 

4 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

I don't get any mail any more. Not for a couple of years at least. I have reset and signed on several times, the last time after the name change. Still no mail. Not that it so important, but the system is not optimal. 

It IS important oddjob16! I know you've had trouble getting our emails for ages. I wish that could be resolved.

Nothing worse that our not reaching cruisers who want our mailings! 

On 4/8/2020 at 4:42 AM, helby said:

I also closed the survey when  the questions  about  annual income and net worth were required with no option for prefer not to answer.  

I got an option 'prefer not to answer' to both household income and net worth.  I've seen these questions before in other Azamara emails when the world was a different and familiar place.

I started answering again but hit another snafu. The survey would not move me on from rank countries you would like to visit page. I ranked and it did not retain the answers. The survey gave me that page again. I have a fever and just don't care enough to keep trying.

I was on a Mac desktop using Safari.

I never get any mailings from Azamara and have been on 25 cruises and have 5 more booked. I have called, written, signed up again but still get nothing from the company.  I rely on a friend to send me updates.   I do get e-mails when they want my money for a cruise.

22 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

It IS important oddjob16! I know you've had trouble getting our emails for ages. I wish that could be resolved.

Nothing worse that our not reaching cruisers who want our mailings! 

I will try again😁

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, BBMacLaird said:

I tried to complete it, but after question 20 it would not let me go any further and I had commented about the over 70 restrictions because I wanted my voice heard. It frustrates me that my opinion will not be seen.

Edited by midwestchick

14 minutes ago, midwestchick said:

I tried to complete it, but after question 20 it would not let me go any further and I had commented about the over 70 restrictions because I wanted my voice heard. It frustrates me that my opinion will not be seen.

That IS frustrating! I am not a 'tech' person so can't imagine why the survey froze up on you, but I do apologize for that.

Why don't you write to our AZ Circle Ambassador Sandra at LoyaltyAmbassador@Azamara.com. 

Maybe she can send you another link?

After reading 2 pages of people’s frustrations and/or annoyances with the survey, I thought I’d add to the negativity. After all, we have plenty of time to vent now. I stopped doing their surveys several surveys ago (including post-cruise feedback surveys). They are always surveys designed to elicit responses that the Azamara spinners are looking for e.g. changes to LCV benefits which turn out to be a deterioration in the benefits provided. They are always tick box surveys with little, if any, scope to write comments. Usually I found that many of the boxes you have to choose from we’re not applicable or relevant to me, yet each question must be answered fully to proceed to the next. After doing several which I concluded were a Waste of my time I simply stopped doing them.

I find the cruise critic forum is a much better avenue for people to express what Azamara does both well and poorly and presumedly Bonnie passes on people’s concerns; which apparently are then usually ignored by the powers that be.

Once, the cruise critic feedback produced one significant win though; and we still have the area outside Windows still available for all to use without paying for the privilege.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, AJCM said:

Once, the cruise critic feedback produced one significant win though; and we still have the area outside Windows still available for all to use without paying for the privilege.

Everyone’s feedback was instrumental in getting the option to skip the Income Level question without answering. See post 32 above.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, I-Cruiser said:

I got the survey. Answered, sent it and that's that!

Thank you I-Cruiser. We appreciate each Circle Member who takes the time to complete the survey. The more responses, the better the results.

• 2 months later...

When sending out these surveys..Does Azamara just assume everyone in North America lives in the United States?  I live in Canada and the very first question on the survey is  "What state do you live in?"    It does not give Canadian province names as an option nor does it allow me to continue without answering this question.  I have tried to answer other surveys, but most of the questions are irrelevant to me and my travel, yet cannot be skipped, so I just end up terminating the survey.   Big waste of my time.  I think it's time to unsubscribe, for now.

• Like 1