What are you doing for Easter ?

Ditto ...Staying at home ..did have a brief outing to hospital yesterday ..given some intravenous drugs and then sent home

Β 

They treated me quite wellΒ 

Β 

Home again an keep taking the tablets

Β 

Regards

JohnΒ Β 

Bunkered down for the duration, just DW & I. In recent years we have tended to stay home over Easter to avoid the holidaymakers, and just do local things. Not much to do this year.

Shopped this morning so we have all supplies needed. Even got some prawns & pasta, but no TP or paper towels πŸ™‚ .

I am on a weeks leave after tomorrow, planning spring cleaning (wrong season I know) - we are decluttering ahead of our plan to get some maintenance/repairs done with a view sell up & downsize thus year. Not sure that is going to go ahead now, but won't hurt to get started.

Β 

Happy Easter to all. Stay home, stay safe.

29 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Me ...Nothing πŸ™

David, you are doing something.....helping stop the spread!!

Β 

We are home too, no kids or grand kids this year☹️

I have done the groceries, made some bone broth soups.

Β 

Our neighbours and us are lighting our fire pits in the backyards, we are going to cook up something on our OZPig, put some music on and sit out under the stars........on each side of our fences!!! with a bottle of red.

I think the neighbours are putting tents up for a camp out for the kids.

Β 

We will be playing with our caravans, doing some work on the old one,Β lining the cupboards on the new one, celebrating our son's 34th Birthday via Zoom.

I am missing my kids and grandies big timeπŸ₯°

Β 

Β 

Not a lot. I was hoping to try my hand at making hot cross buns but I haven't been able to get any yeast. I guess I'll have to make rock cakes instead. Weather permitting we will try to go for a walk most days to get some exercise.

32 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

David, you are doing something.....helping stop the spread!!

Β 

We are home too, no kids or grand kids this year☹️

I am missing my kids and grandies big time

Β 

Β 

Exactly my sentiments Cheryl. I am so missing mine although we talk via FaceTime and WhatsApp nearly every day. The nearly 2 year old was so excited to see us on FaceTime yesterday.Β 
Β 

We will he just spending time at home as is usual at the moment. Perhaps cook a special meal Sunday just for the two of us.Β 
Β 

Leigh

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Bunkered down for the duration, just DW & I. In recent years we have tended to stay home over Easter to avoid the holidaymakers, and just do local things. Not much to do this year.

Shopped this morning so we have all supplies needed. Even got some prawns & pasta, but no TP or paper towels πŸ™‚ .

I am on a weeks leave after tomorrow, planning spring cleaning (wrong season I know) - we are decluttering ahead of our plan to get some maintenance/repairs done with a view sell up & downsize thus year. Not sure that is going to go ahead now, but won't hurt to get started.

Β 

Happy Easter to all. Stay home, stay safe.

We did exactly that last year. We sold in September and settled in October. Now we are in an apartment for the moment overlooking the sea. And a sad bereft empty cruise ship that moves out to sea from time to time. Missing the kids and new grandchild.Β 

Edited by Pushka

On the puter, reading borrow books on the ipad, drinking red wine, cooking, going for a walk.Β  Doing domestic duties. Β  Feeling depressed when I see the future cruises you mob have booked.Β  Happy Easter to all.

Β 

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not a lot. I was hoping to try my hand at making hot cross buns but I haven't been able to get any yeast. I guess I'll have to make rock cakes instead. Weather permitting we will try to go for a walk most days to get some exercise.

My daughter in law has been trying to buy yeast too and as she is fructose intolerant she has to have either gluten free or low fo flour and can’t get either.

Β 

Leigh

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

My daughter in law has been trying to buy yeast too and as she is fructose intolerant she has to have either gluten free or low fo flour and can’t get either.

Β 

Leigh

I think many people are resorting to baking to fill in the time. I'm not sure which is worse for my waistline - the current crisis or a cruise!

• Like 3

For us,

Ten Pin Bowling, golf, tennis, jogging, boxing, skiing. When we've done that, we will be off to karaoke, a drink or two, and maybe a couple of games on Sunday.

All in the comfort of our lounge room. We got the WII out of mothballs. 😜

We have a magic sing karaoke set, used to have friends round for that odd weekends. No friends round, but it is good fun, you can actually score, so we both try our hardest, or worstest!!!!!!!!! to get there. Then there is a random selection, who gets the highest score out of three songs each wins.Β 

All without any hecklers.Β 

Nope, not up to much this EasterΒ πŸ‡πŸ€£

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Β 

Leigh

I thought I would dig out my old bread maker so I went to Coles to buy some bread maker flour and there's none to be had. I still have a couple of packets left in the box from last time, about 3 years ago. I'll give that a try if the weevils haven't got to it or maybe leave them (the weevils) in it for the extra protein.πŸ˜€

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No Bluesfest this year at Byron Bay, so no camping at Mullumbimby Football Grounds. Β Instead,Β we'll putΒ the van in the backyardΒ and camp out under the awning. On Friday, I'll cook fish on the BBQ. Β Over the long weekend, we'll BBQ sausages and listen to a Bluesfest CD. Β Twice a day, we'll go for a walk with the dogs to a beach or park nearby.

We'll be able to escape inside the shack, if it rains. Β We will all read books and have a relaxing Easter 2020. Β My younger daughter just texted to say her boss gave her a chocolate and a face mask for Easter - a handy gift!Β  My elder daughter has been making chocolate chip cookies, so it is starting to feel a lot likeΒ holidays.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

For us,

Ten Pin Bowling, golf, tennis, jogging, boxing, skiing. When we've done that, we will be off to karaoke, a drink or two, and maybe a couple of games on Sunday.

All in the comfort of our lounge room. We got the WII out of mothballs. 😜

Hahahaha! We have the Wii hooked up for when the Grandkids come, great idea, might challenge hubby to MarioKart, but I always win, so he will get bored! We have all the Sports too, too funny!

Β 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hahahaha! We have the Wii hooked up for when the Grandkids come, great idea, might challenge hubby to MarioKart, but I always win, so he will get bored! We have all the Sports too, too funny!

Β 

Staying off the WII fit just now, I've put a couple of kilo's on, and I don't want my Mi expanding before my eyes !!!! 🀣

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I am sure she would be heartened to know that while she is in isolation at Windsor Castle.

I asked for that ..... but spare a thought for poor Boris!

We will be putting up fencing on our block of land prior to building after Easter, at least I get to enjoy our 5600sqm block in peace. The I’m working Sunday and Monday (I’m a nurse) and probably eating a fair bit of chocolate.

Stay safe everyone, it’s nice to see everyone being so responsible and doing their bit πŸ™‚

• Like 1

Just now, gogo65 said:

We will be putting up fencing on our block of land prior to building after Easter, at least I get to enjoy our 5600sqm block in peace. The I’m working Sunday and Monday (I’m a nurse) and probably eating a fair bit of chocolate.

Stay safe everyone, it’s nice to see everyone being so responsible and doing their bit πŸ™‚

Take care at work. πŸ™‚ Even if you aren't in a COVID ward, I am sure there are risks.