What are you doing for Easter ?

Grrr we were supposed to be spending Easter at sea on the Sun Princess but that was cancelled. I only live an hour away from the Great Ocean Road and would often head down there at Easter for a day trip or up to Bendigo for the Easter parade. With non essential travel banned we will be staying at home and catching up on some reading time - it's a difficult time for all.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

SBS have slow tv on offer again this weekend.  This time instead of  train travel and Kimberly cruising, they are featuring Cadbury Australia.  Sat night 7.30pm 3hrs of everything Cadbury chocolate.  So will be watching that as well as spring cleaning, talking long walks and reading.

I saw the doc on Cadbury's history at Bournville last Saturday night considering what else there was to watch it was good viewing. I'll be watching the Cadbury's story in Australia this weekend but 3 hours??? I hope I can last that long.

Going on a three night cruise.

well I was, now it’ll just be in my head.

Can’t see kids or grandkids so I guess I will have to eat their Easter Eggs, haven’t got any for Max yet, so I will get grumbled at I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Take care at work. 🙂 Even if you aren't in a COVID ward, I am sure there are risks.

Thanks, it’s definitely a scary place to be, everyone jumps at a cough.

I am working on a ward that has been dedicated to covid patients, fortunately we haven’t seen any yet (it’s paediatrics), so we continue as normal until the numbers increase, the question we don’t know, is when. 
The scariest thing is people lie....I get it, your child is sick, they get admitted, the parents are asked if they are unwell, they say ‘no’, even when they are, cause lets face it every parent wants to be with their child. It’s a tough gig.

We plan on staying in. I might escape to America for a while if I read my current book, Blood and Bone, which is ironically is Nora Roberts' book two of the Year one Series, which is about a post apocalyptic world due to a virus that kills most of the world's population.

40 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Going on a three night cruise.

well I was, now it’ll just be in my head.

Can’t see kids or grandkids so I guess I will have to eat their Easter Eggs, haven’t got any for Max yet, so I will get grumbled at I guess.

Be kind and share some of the grandies Easter egg with Max...……………………...just a tiny tiny tiny taste - a quick lick of your finger 🐶

Edited by dizzy1948

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

We plan on staying in. I might escape to America for a while if I read my current book, Blood and Bone, which is ironically is Nora Roberts' book two of the Year one Series, which is about a post apocalyptic world due to a virus that kills most of the world's population.

Hi

My "Reading" is a number of audio books on youtube  of the James Heriot  (All creatures great and small) books

its a definite mental trip  to another time another place 

Regards

John

Apperently noone is going to go searching for eggs in the garden lol majority of people will stay at home. I also expect all the celebrations to be cancelled. Only Easter hope is to have some good discounts in on-line stores. Maybe something similar to black friday but online and on Easter. I am sure their revenue will be high and all this companies will profit from those online sales. I will certainly purchase something. Watch the promotional events, I am sure you will find exactly what you were searching for 

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Apperently noone is going to go searching for eggs in the garden lol majority of people will stay at home. I also expect all the celebrations to be cancelled. Only Easter hope is to have some good discounts in on-line stores. Maybe something similar to black friday but online and on Easter. I am sure their revenue will be high and all this companies will profit from those online sales. I will certainly purchase something. Watch the promotional events, I am sure you will find exactly what you were searching for 

Are you a salesman????😜🐇

Our cruise was supposed to arrive in Honolulu on Good Friday, and we were staying 3 nights before flying home.  Guess we will just stay home and dream.  All days seem the same now, very hard to keep track without looking at the newspaper each morning to find out what day it is.

2 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Our cruise was supposed to arrive in Honolulu on Good Friday, and we were staying 3 nights before flying home.  Guess we will just stay home and dream.  All days seem the same now, very hard to keep track without looking at the newspaper each morning to find out what day it is.

That must be disappointing.  Had you been to Honolulu before?   Which ship?  Seems a number of people were meant to be cruising.

We did the first cruise on Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas from Honolulu to Sydney.  Can you imagine a ship full of Aussies and one Kiwi travelling from overseas together?  It was such fun!  I realised later that it must have been a charter.

'm going to pig out over Easter, or at least as much as my Diabetes lets me. I go in for a bowel operation the next Friday and have virtually 2 days of fasting before hand, and restricted diet for a while after. I know what I'm in for pain wise as something similar was done to me some years ago that didn't quite fix the problem.

Edited by Russell21

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I haven't read those. I will look for them sometime.

The Brisbane City Council libraries closed on 21st March. I went on the 10th and picked up more books  than usual, planning it to be my last time. The library service now offers e-books on line, but I love to read and I love books I can hold. Luckily I have a few dozen paperbacks. I take several when I cruise then leave them on board when I am finished with them. I suppose I can pretend I am cruising when I read them. 😁

I have been wondering what the library will do 'down the track'. All their books are now due back by 30th June, so I suppose when they do eventually re-open, the books will have been there long enough - probably months - that they won't be carrying any virus.

11 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

Be kind and share some of the grandies Easter egg with Max...……………………...just a tiny tiny tiny taste - a quick lick of your finger 🐶

No, no, no, no, no! Chocolate is a poison to dogs and many other animals. Max needs his own special easter egg made from something safe for him to eat.

My cat would happily eat a cheese easter egg. 

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

'm going to pig out over Easter, or at least as much as my Diabetes lets me. I go in for a bowel operation the next Friday and have virtually 2 days of fasting before hand, and restricted diet for a while after. I know what I'm in for pain wise as something similar was done to me some years ago that didn't quite fix the problem.

Enjoy your Easter goodies. Hope the operation goes well and fixes the problem this time.

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have around 400 books here and I want to read about half of them. I never have enough time.

Only 400? You should see our house. 😄 We have thousands of paper books. Less these days than we used to have as we culled quite a few some years ago but still have bookshelves everywhere. Plus we moved to Kindles ten years ago and our Kindle library has almost 3500 books in it.

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Only 400? You should see our house. 😄 We have thousands of paper books. Less these days than we used to have as we culled quite a few some years ago but still have bookshelves everywhere. Plus we moved to Kindles ten years ago and our Kindle library has almost 3500 books in it.

We give many away to little libraries, street libraries, friends, family, through Bookcrossing  and such but it seems that for every 5 books you give away you get 2 back.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We give many away to little libraries, street libraries, friends, family, through Bookcrossing  and such but it seems that for every 5 books you give away you get 2 back.

We both tend to enjoy rereading books so rarely give them away but do lend them to friends as long as they return them. I wish the street library idea had taken off when we did our cull of our paper books. We looked everywhere for places to give them to but no-one seemed interested. We sold a few to second hand book stores but it probably cost us more taking them there that we got for them.

Of course all our new titles are on Kindle but we share our Kindle library with two friends. We just added their devices to our account.

11 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

Nope chocolate is deadly for dogs, Maxy will get a carob egg and some chicken.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yep we run into thousands, and that’s without counting law books and History books that are kept in our offices and studies.